Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Man Installing Satellite Dish Shoots Wife

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

Man Installing Satellite Dish Shoots Wife

A Missouri man shot his wife while trying to install their satellite television dish.

She died in what appears to be an accident.

The Deepwater, Missouri man apparently wanted to punch a hole in the wall to run some wires.

When drilling didn't work, he used bullets.

He says he had no idea his wife was standing outside in the line of fire.

In Deepwater, the homes are secluded. What happened here opened a river of emotions.

"It's just tragic. It's just you know, it's just such a tragic thing," neighbor Margaret McCaslin said.

Outside their white house, Ronald Long, 39, and his wife Patsy, worked to install a TV satellite dish Saturday evening. Punching a hole through the outside wall to run the wires failed.

Investigators said Long grabbed his 22 caliber handgun, thinking his wife was inside.

"He tried a few things. After repeated attempted to get the hole through the wall in sort of a desperate measure he shot outside through the wall and hit his wife in the chest," Henry County Sheriff Office Spokesperson Major Robert Hills said.

The couple's young son and teenage daughter ran out of the house to discover their mom shot dead.

The sheriff is investigating it as an accident.

Neighbors are helping the family cope. "Sometimes people will decide an idea is a good one and it ends tragically. That's what happened here," McCaslin said.

Family members did not want to talk and are asking for privacy.

The Henry County Sheriff's Department is finishing the report before handing the case over to the prosecutor.

While the shooting appears to be an accident, Long could still face charges.

gator8_24

That sounds like 'you might be a redneck if' thinmg minus the wife being shot.  That was a stupid thing for that man to do!

harley89

In case any of the guys miss it. A gun does not replace a drill

Stinkerbell

Quote from: gator8 on March 26, 2008, 12:09:43 PM
That sounds like 'you might be a redneck if' thinmg minus the wife being shot.  That was a stupid thing for that man to do!

That's my blood, ya'll.

harley89

Maybe Jeff Foxworthy has a new  You might be a redneck if you ever used a gun instead of a drill

harley89

Quote from: Squid on March 26, 2008, 01:54:10 PM
I think I'll invite my mother-in-law over when I install my satellite dish.

:o  :o  :o

:))  :))  :))
I can see it now Squid shoots Mother in law while installing satellite dish More at 6

swamp

:!#  thats why down here we use shotguns with a slug in it  :-[ :)) civilwar.gif canadian1.gif civilwar.gif

gator8_24

Quote from: swamp on March 26, 2008, 03:07:06 PM
:!#  thats why down here we use shotguns with a slug in it  :-[ :)) civilwar.gif canadian1.gif civilwar.gif
a snail type slug? LOL Now that I think of it I don't think I've seen any here in FL.

Homer

Quote from: swamp on March 26, 2008, 03:07:06 PM

I prefer the bigger guns.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

cranky

wow so tragic .  the satelite companys install the dishes for free !

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview