Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Word Riot Deluxe - General Info & Ranks

Started by Runner,

Previous topic - Next topic

cranky

BadgeBabe

For those of you who are brave enough to jump right in, how is it? Is there a lot of meanness or are people working together well?
I have enough stress right here at home; Pogo is my escape. This is the first game I have been reluctant to play because of the game's rep.

If it's positive, please tell us about the game experiencce. If it's negative, I guess you should also tell all. :)

Best to all.
                               BadgeBabe

Tracey

first of all it says u have 2 hours free trial .. and second .. i love the game when a team of players working together to find the answer to the clue ... great fun  O0

Cake Lady

I took the plunge and played last night.  2 hours free trial period...and not one nasty person in the room...seems like we were all "learning". 

harley89

Hint If you go into opitions you can slect I Prefer Not to be a cluegiver. I played 2 rounds and only had to do it 1 time. I hated giving clues and you get rated.  People are being sorta nice. But I see it coming chat is gonna be off before long. I want my badges and minis

Jewel

I have played for about four hours and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I only ran into one person that was louder than the others and she didn't like anyones clues but someone else told her to pipe down and she left. I think right now is the best time to play it while others that are new are trying it out as well. Later on, the diehard players may take it over.

denadatoday

So far it doesn't look like it will accept fake words and codes like "aOOKe" for apple and I for one am THRILLED.  I can just see the hard feelings and bitterness about cheaters and the resulting arguments, plus it takes all the fun out of the game.   Once one person starts doing that, it seems like everyone else would be expected to just give the word away or else they'll get yelled at.

By only allowing actual words, it makes it a lot more fun.  So far everyone seems to be really nice.

Stinkerbell

I've played for awhile and it's fun.  Theres been 1 person who keeps telling what the clues should have been, but most are ignoring
her.

denadatoday

Looks like you can leave it open as long as you want in the trial, but eventually your rank progress stops.  Anyone else have this issue?

disneyland lady

Quote from: Stinkerbell on April 29, 2008, 10:24:14 AM
Theres been 1 person who keeps telling what the clues should have been, but most are ignoring her.

I admire you for being able to do this. And I bet that this person did not play this game when it was on Pogo before. Unfortunately I did and I will hang back before playing this game having been one of those who still has the anger issues from the flaming that went on before. It was my stupidity in thinking that I could be <b> reasonable </b> and not get emotional while trying to prevent chaos. Badges will eventually be too much for me to stay away I fear.

disneyland lady insane diego

cranky

it's fun but people are cheating big time example see=sea  and captializing letters in the words . making it not fair to the other team when the score is 150 to 600.

gl you all

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on April 29, 2008, 03:02:28 PM
I admire you for being able to do this. And I bet that this person did not play this game when it was on Pogo before. Unfortunately I did and I will hang back before playing this game having been one of those who still has the anger issues from the flaming that went on before. It was my stupidity in thinking that I could be <b> reasonable </b> and not get emotional while trying to prevent chaos. Badges will eventually be too much for me to stay away I fear.

disneyland lady insane diego

Truthfully, this may end up being more sweet than sour.  A lot of people are saying things like, "well, you tried hard...."  or "wow, hard word... good clues."  I have yet to see anyone being rude.  The one thing I don't get is the rating the clue giver...

I was clue giver 2x and both times gave good clues, so good the word was guessed on the first clue and the other team had no one guess correctly... so I would think I should have been rated 5, but I'm like a 4 or something.  How does it work?

Another thing I noticed, forgive me if you all already know this, but while you're typing your guess, it gives you the correct spelling of the word... however, people still misspelled words and of course, then did not get credit.

denadatoday

Cranky you must have been playing in classic mode which is where a lot of the old school WR players are probably going at least the ones who are competitive and critical.  Theres a world of difference between classic and rally.

There's no cheating and I haven't seen any flaming in rally mode.  The guidelines are a lot stricter bc you can't use capital letters or jumbled words, only approved words in their dictionary.  That makes the playing field even. 

I played both and classic mode seems to be a lot more tense and more critical of cluegivers.  Classic mode wasn't fun at all they would yell at people who couldn't cheat good enough and put in the first 2 or 3 letters of the word.  I will only play rally mode from now on because even if your clues suck everyone is super nice and supportive.  I haven't seen anyone get flamed yet in rally and there's a lot of team spirit, like she said a lot of "good try nice job" or "dont worry it was a tough word".

Mary

there`s been old timers in where i play all they do is bitch where`s the boot buttom  so i tell them who put there panties in a bunch and they shut up thanks for the tip i think i`ll go play in rally if not to hard there you can`t use all the words and letters you win unless you play rally it says..

EeyoreCouldBMyTwin

Quote from: denadatoday on April 29, 2008, 03:37:57 PM
Classic mode wasn't fun at all they would yell at people who couldn't cheat good enough and put in the first 2 or 3 letters of the word. 

Old timer Rioter here...using the first couple of letters with or without last letter isn't considered "cheating." It's a specific type of clue format (double bacon, single bacon, pigtails, chewy, combo, fonix, just to name a few). There are many different ways to clue a word, every person has his or her personal preference. I've been playing Classic almost non stop since the game came back out (diehard Rioter, god how I missed that game lol), and for the most part people are not rude or disrespectful. I have, however, seen "cheating" where people IM each other the answer...to each his own. I can't speak for others, but I play for the sheer enjoyment.

Just wanted to add my .02 cents, hope I didn't offend anyone. :)

FreecellFanny

Quote from: Stinkerbell on April 29, 2008, 03:31:52 PM
Another thing I noticed, forgive me if you all already know this, but while you're typing your guess, it gives you the correct spelling of the word... however, people still misspelled words and of course, then did not get credit.

I can see this being an issue also. I frequently get corrected on my spelling; I use Canadian/King's English spelling:

Cheque instead of check, things like that.

vasunlover

I have never played this game, so it should be interesting, any hints for me? what mode, etc.

cranky

Stinkerbell

Quote from: FreecellFanny on April 30, 2008, 03:11:57 AM
I can see this being an issue also. I frequently get corrected on my spelling; I use Canadian/King's English spelling:

Cheque instead of check, things like that.

God Save The King!  errrrr....  God Save The Kings English!   canadian2.gif

FreecellFanny

Quote from: Stinkerbell on April 30, 2008, 07:03:38 AM
God Save The King!  errrrr....  God Save The Kings English!   canadian2.gif

It really is a major irritation for me.  :)))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview