PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 02:23:36 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

pop ups

Started by gotmail,

Previous topic - Next topic

gotmail

hello all, i need some help please, i downloaded limewire the other night. went to play the music i downloaded and my media player said i had to update and ever since then i have been having a ton of pop ups all the time and i cant get rid of them. i did the malewarebytes scan and it did not find anything. so i need to know if anyone know what else i can do.. i have done a defrag, and cleaned temp internet files, so any help is greatley appreaciated.. i hope someone has an answer.. i am gonna have an answer before long and that would be throw it out the damn window.  i just dont know what else to do, when i play pogo i cant even play from all the pop ups keep comming, i exit one and a bunch more keep comming. it dosent just happen in pogo it happens on all websites..

thanks a bunch
gotmail

Homer

sounds like you got a bug from limewire

you will need to do full virus and malware scans

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gotmail

i did all that and it found one trojan and it quaratined it whatever that means, i have kapersky antivirus and malware scans did not find anything. do ya think if i do a systen restore that will fix the problem??  and not really sure i know how to do a system restore. sad.gif

gotmail

Homer

Quote from: gotmail on June 16, 2009, 01:47:38 PM
i did all that and it found one trojan and it quaratined it whatever that means, i have kapersky antivirus and malware scans did not find anything. do ya think if i do a systen restore that will fix the problem??  and not really sure i know how to do a system restore. sad.gif

gotmail

You could try but sometimes these bugs write themselves into your system restore files as well which would only reinstall the bug again. These file sharing services are dangerous places these days. A large number of the "free" files are infected.

Try deleting the quarantined file and run AV again and try scanning with Advanced Windows Care

gotmail

ok homer i will try that. i uninstalled the limewire and wont do it again. i will let you know what happens...

thanks  again homer

gotmail

gotmail

well went through all that bullsh_t and still have the popups.  help.gif    any other suggestions??

thanks again
gotmail

Homer

Quote from: gotmail on June 16, 2009, 04:55:35 PM
well went through all that bullsh_t and still have the popups.  help.gif    any other suggestions??

thanks again
gotmail

Only other thing I can think to do is reformat your HD and reinstall windows. This should only be done as a last resort as it will make everything on your pc go *POOF*

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview