This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Book Worms

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

It's really strange to be watching TV and see the previews for Twilight.  I'm so used to watching them on my laptop.   :)))

bubbleup

i loved the earlier vampire chronicles by anne rice [her later books got too deep for me!] so i put twilight on reserve at the library...but now that i've seen the trailer i'm not so sure i'll be able to get into it since it seems to be more geared towards a younger crowd. but having said that,what a great choice casting the lead male character!  :pp

CindyLouWho

Bubbleup, I bet once you start reading the book, you'll feel differently about it being geared to a younger crowd.  When I first read it, I turned right around & read it again then ended up reading all 4 books.   I'm reading thru em all again now & am on the 3rd book Eclipse. 

From reading different message boards & articles, its all ages thats into em now, not just the young teen girls.  (Thank goodness ..lol )

Let us know what you think of it!   vacation8.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bubbleup on November 06, 2008, 08:59:03 PM
i loved the earlier vampire chronicles by anne rice [her later books got too deep for me!] so i put twilight on reserve at the library...but now that i've seen the trailer i'm not so sure i'll be able to get into it since it seems to be more geared towards a younger crowd. but having said that,what a great choice casting the lead male character!  :pp

Morning!  The Twilight Saga is officially listed as a Young Adult series, but it's so well written, the characters are so loveable and the story of 'first love' is something we can all relate to.  It's crossed all the age lines and has as devoted an adult following as a teen following.
I have read some Ann Rice... what you will not find in Twilight are cursing or explicit sex or gore. 

Give it a shot and see what you think... also go to barnesandnoble.com or amazon.com and read the customer reviews. :)

And yes.......... but just so you know, Edward is mine.  Cindy thinks he is hers, and jarjar wants us to share.... but in truth, he's mine and can bite me anytime ;)

jarjar

Just thought I would check in and let you know I am in Twilight land today. Just got back from the Dr. and this day is devoted to me just kicking back and reading. Best of all the weekend is here so two days more for reading. Before I left work Friday I ordered  book 3 and 4. I have a feeling come Monday I will be ready for them already.
And yes Stinkerbell and Cindy I want a peace of that too VV

disneyland lady

I passed on <b>Twilight</b> because of the teen theme since I have a teen grandson. After all the posts about it being a worthy vampire book I went online to see where I could get it for less. I saw that Walmart.com has the paperback for $5 and the hardback for $9.97. I went to Walmart today to see if this was only true for online (so you would have to add postage). Twilight is the "featured" book and they had two sizes of paperback - one for $5.97 and one for $7.97. The hardback was reduced too but I got so excited about getting the book, I forgot the HB price. Please forgive me. Since Moonlight has been gone from tv, I am really needing my vampire fix.
<>

Disneyland lady insane diego

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on November 07, 2008, 09:11:29 AM
IThe hardback was reduced too but I got so excited about getting the book, I forgot the HB price. Please forgive me. Since Moonlight has been gone from tv, I am really needing my vampire fix.
<>

You are forgiven 

I miss Moonlight, too.  The first episode I thought was cheesy and the acting was bad... just my opinion.... but I couldn't stop watching and it really seemed like the acting and the storyline got better  tumbsup.gif

CindyLouWho

Stinker---you are soooooo funny!  :))  We truely know that he is mine, all mine but I will share him with ya'll in your dreams only   :))) :)))

JarJar----glad you ordered the other 2 books cause if you're like I was, you'll wanta start reading the next book as soon as you finish reading 1.  They are very addictive books if you ask me  <:>

Disney Lady----I got all 4 of my books at walmart online, at the time they was on sale & cheaper there than anywhere else including the walmart store.  My 14 yr old granddaughter got me interested reading the books now I think I'm more hooked on em than she is   :)))

jarjar

Hey Cindy if all I get is in my dreams I will not be picky. I will just make sure I get a lot more sleep in furture :))

kim23il

Do you Ladies know if Wal-mart ships these books site to store? I found the first two Twilight books cheap. But the shipping makes it almost as pricey as the store. Thanks

CindyLouWho

I don't know Kim but it should tell you at the website if they do 

Stinkerbell

Quote from: kim23il on November 08, 2008, 07:02:15 PM
Do you Ladies know if Wal-mart ships these books site to store? I found the first two Twilight books cheap. But the shipping makes it almost as pricey as the store. Thanks

I don't know either, kim.  Sorry about that.  I know Barnes and Noble will do that for you... but other than that I am not sure.  Have you checked the store to see if they carry it? 

disneyland lady

When I bought Twilight at Walmart a couple of days ago, I noticed there was the first book in hardback and 2 sizes of paperback. The second book was only available in hardback. Since it is the "Book of the Month" they have a display for it and one section had the 2nd book in hardback only and I honestly did not notice if the price was the same as Twilight which was $9.97. I did not see any others or the "complete set" at the display but since they are not the "book of the month", they could have been on the shelf with all the non-book of the month books.

disneyland lady insane diego

Stinkerbell

CindyLouWho

Thanks, that was a nice article & the pics were awesome.  I'd love to go there, especially on Sept. 13   tumbsup.gif

Homer

Does the early bird get the book worm?  :)) :)) :))

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on November 09, 2008, 11:30:46 AM
Does the early bird get the book worm?  :)) :)) :))

< cricket, cricket >   :{:     :)))

jarjar

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 09, 2008, 08:09:31 AM
http://traveler.sunset.com/2008/11/washingtons-oly.html

This is a cool article about Forks, WA and some awesome pictures!

I was in awe looking at the pics. The writer could not have discribed them any better. Just the way I pictured it when reading. Thanks so much Stinkerbelle (OO) Now back to New Moon. I can hardly keep my eyes open more than half done now. Of course I will never finish it tonight work tomorrow and I have to get up at four am.  6_6.gif

Stinkerbell

I thought the pics and article were awesome, too.  I keep wondering where in New Moon you are!  "How many more pages until..."   :)))

CindyLouWho

If anyone wants to read a very good book for the holidays, try "A Cedar Cove Christmas" by Macomber, Debbie.  I just read it today & it was very heartwarming, a very sweet Christmas story & not a very big book.  I think she writes a new Christmas book every year. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview