Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Book Worms

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Tara on February 09, 2009, 08:15:40 PM
 Google can be a good friend.  embarrassed.gif

Wow.... that's some interesting stuff!  I watched a show on one of the brainiac channels... The Science Channel, NGC or Discovery... it was on the giant squid.  They didn't have much info on them per se, but the other sea creatures were amazing.  There were some that lit up like neon signs, others that had antenna like spotlights... the more I learn about the different creatures on the planet and the different environments, I just can't help but think how truly awesome God is.

Stinkerbell

I also posted this over in the freebie forum.

http://www.harlequincelebrates.com/index.php#

Harlequin is celebrating 60 years and they are giving away 16 free downloadable books.

Christian Romance
Paranormal Romance
Historical Romance

and others.

jarjar

disneyland lady

Quote from: Stinkerbell on February 19, 2009, 03:20:59 PM
I also posted this over in the freebie forum.

http://www.harlequincelebrates.com/index.php#

Harlequin is celebrating 60 years and they are giving away 16 free downloadable books.

Christian Romance
Paranormal Romance
Historical Romance

and others.

Thanks, while it is not my cuppa, I posted the link on the eBay Book Board and they were eating it up over there.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on February 19, 2009, 06:09:24 PM
Thanks, while it is not my cuppa, I posted the link on the eBay Book Board and they were eating it up over there.

You're welcome!  I figure even if no one here likes it, they might know someone who does!  And it's free, can't beat that!

Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

www.eHarlequin.com/store.html?cid=1316

This is a better link.... the full page loads and you don't have to deal with the scrolling around.

jarjar

arniebear

I am an audiobook listener, you can download them for free from many libraries and listen to them on you computer or mp3 player.  They used to have them only in WMA format that doesn't work on Ipod, but now have MP3 format which does.  Right now am listening to John Grisham's new book.  If you like audiobooks for free the library is the place to get them.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: arniebear on February 21, 2009, 10:59:45 AM
I am an audiobook listener, you can download them for free from many libraries and listen to them on you computer or mp3 player. 

That's great to know, I'll check into that!

disneyland lady

I have Stephen King's The Stand on 24 audio cassettes. I sure do wish I could find a way to put it on CD cuz I don't even have a way to play it any more.

CindyLouWho

Stinker, I just finished reading "Acheron" By Sherrilyn Kenyon.   Holy cow, what an amazing & heart wrenching book!!  Its the 3rd Dark hunter book I've read so far & I know it will be my fave.  In fact I'm going to buy  it later so I can read it again whenever I want, lol.   Thanks so much for recommending these Dark Hunter books   beer11.gif embrace.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CindyLouWho on March 03, 2009, 10:46:52 PM
Stinker, I just finished reading "Acheron" By Sherrilyn Kenyon.   Holy cow, what an amazing & heart wrenching book!!  Its the 3rd Dark hunter book I've read so far & I know it will be my fave.  In fact I'm going to buy  it later so I can read it again whenever I want, lol.   Thanks so much for recommending these Dark Hunter books   beer11.gif embrace.gif

You're welcome!  I loved Acheron, too! What a story... heart wrenching is right. But, as in all Dark Hunter books, he got his lady :) And rid himself of that shrew...I had read all the books before Acheron came out and I was beginning to wonder if he would be chained "Artie" forever!

If you like Dark Hunters, you have to read JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood.  They really would be best read in order.

CindyLouWho

So far I am loving the Dark Hunter books but my library only has a few of em in hardback (they have some in paperbacks but I don't like those, lol).  So I'm gonna see if they will get them in hb's or else I'll try to eventually get em on ebay if I can get em cheap enough.  I'll check into JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood.   beer11.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CindyLouWho on March 04, 2009, 08:58:05 AM
So far I am loving the Dark Hunter books but my library only has a few of em in hardback (they have some in paperbacks but I don't like those, lol).  So I'm gonna see if they will get them in hb's or else I'll try to eventually get em on ebay if I can get em cheap enough.  I'll check into JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood.   beer11.gif

I really think you will like BDB...I think they are my all time favorites now.

Stinkerbell

Stephenie Meyer fans, The Seeker ( due 2010) and The Soul ( due 2012) are sequels to The Host. I loved The Host and can't wait for these!

disneyland lady

Quote from: Stinkerbell on March 08, 2009, 07:10:33 PM
Stephenie Meyer fans, The Seeker ( due 2010) and The Soul ( due 2012) are sequels to The Host. I loved The Host and can't wait for these!
The Host will be out in paperback in April so I am hanging in there.

Just finished Stephen King's Duma Bay. I sure do miss the old King but even worse was being in the middle of this book when he made the comments about Stephanie's writing. He is losing his 'constant readers' on his own without having to put her down.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on March 09, 2009, 05:41:49 AM
The Host will be out in paperback in April so I am hanging in there.

Just finished Stephen King's Duma Bay. I sure do miss the old King but even worse was being in the middle of this book when he made the comments about Stephanie's writing. He is losing his 'constant readers' on his own without having to put her down.

I agree with you, he is losing his fan base. The writing is still good, but it's just not what I expect from him. Also, I just read an article he wrote and he was bashing Bush all over the place and talking about Obama like he's the next Messiah. Now, and I mean this honestly, if he had been bashing Obama and talking about Bush like HE was the next Messiah, it would still put me off. I am tired of politics and sick of actors and actresses who use their visibility to promote their beliefs. Just write... just act... then sit down and shut up.

*stepping offa my soapbox now*

The Host is very different from Twilight, but it was very good.

Another great series, and out in paperback, is/are the Study Books.  Poison Study, Magic Study and Fire Study-- in that order. Truthfully, I like them as well as Twilight...like I said, it's different, but it's still an awesome series.

CindyLouWho

Anyone that likes Nora Roberts books, 4 more have been made into TV movies & the 1st 1 is on this coming Sat. nite,  "Northern Lights" starring Leann Rimes.  They'll all be on Lifetime for the next 4 Sat. nites.  One good thing, if youmiss the 1st showings, they are repeated again, lol.  You can check the Lifetime web site for more info. 

Stinkerbell

I saw that Stephenie Meyer has The Soul and The Seeker, both books related to The Host. They are coming out in 2010 and 2012.

Personally, as much as I loved The Host, I'd rather see Midnight Sun finished first.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview