Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Book Worms

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyLouWho

I'll have to check out that Kane & Abel book for my next library batch of books.

bams68

Quote from: Stinkerbell on September 20, 2008, 03:03:41 PM

Glad you're loving the book too! :)  OH, and when you gonna share the bookmark, hey?  LOL

Sorry it took me awhile to re read this...didn't catch this bit LOL sorry
Anywho here is a quick preview of one of the bookmarks I made

I sized it down as it's originally pretty big to print properly. If you like it, jus yell at me an I'll send you the real jpeg file...an u can print it off...hopefully it'll print okies for you...an u can do whatever u like with it. I laminate mine an use a hole puncher an jus poke a hole then attached a nice gold tassel. Looks devine.
Jus let me know an I'll share the real size with ya in PM

Hope u enjoy
Ur Deer Friend
bams

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bams68 on September 27, 2008, 02:51:13 PM
Sorry it took me awhile to re read this...didn't catch this bit LOL sorry
Anywho here is a quick preview of one of the bookmarks I made

I sized it down as it's originally pretty big to print properly. If you like it, jus yell at me an I'll send you the real jpeg file...an u can print it off...hopefully it'll print okies for you...an u can do whatever u like with it. I laminate mine an use a hole puncher an jus poke a hole then attached a nice gold tassel. Looks devine.
Jus let me know an I'll share the real size with ya in PM

Hope u enjoy
Ur Deer Friend
bams

Love that picture.... and I'd love the bookmark, too.  Do you still have my email address?
Thanks.... you're the best!

bams68

You're welcome.

I snagged the image from sum site claiming to be about "Twilight". An this seems to be a scene from the movie I think...in the meadow I assume.

Using the actors, I think that's them. Looks like them anyway from the cast info.

I thought it looked lovely an inspired me to make the bookmark....I am gonna be doing another when I have abit more time with jus the cover design of the book "the apple" would look nice too....

Anywho enjoy...I'm off to read abit more. Almost done the book....I read like over half the first few days an it jus bugged my eyes....so yeah had to back off abit. So now I"m jus reading a few pages per day....seems to help.

Great read
Ur Deer Friend
bams

bams68

Well I finished the book (Yipeee) but I'm sooooo sad rite now. I can't read the Midnite sun pages. (Cwies)

My adobe reader has been nasty with me pretty much since I got this pc. Dunno why but yeah ....a few years ago my sweetie sent me a file that would help correct the prob. But I was so caught up in other stuff that I didn't do the correction an now I can't find the file he sent me. So I'm jus gonna have to wait til he gets home tonight an we work on my Adobe's hissy fits.

I've searched the prob an seems the older versions did this to many...jus freezes up ur browser an causes it to crash. I can't even download the file....So far I think there are no other copies out there other than adobe files. Since she's copyrited it....anywho the book was great......the interesting parts are indeed at the end. But it's a cute love story over all.

Gonna start New Moon as soon as I can read the Midnite sun files.

Ur Deer Friend
bams

Stinkerbell

Glad you liked it!  Yeah, good stuff at the end for sure :)  The Midnight Sun file is pretty well locked tight and can't make any changes in format or anything.  I hope your sweetie can get it fixed for you because it is so amazing!
New Moon is a good read, but my least favorite... but very necessary so don't be tempted to go "WHAT?" and skip ahead... you need to read what's in the middle of the book!  And you can always go back and read Midnight Sun at any time so start new Moon whenever you have time, you're not missing anything important.

Stinkerbell

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/ 

On the main page is the single Decode by Paramore for the Twilight The Movie Soundtrack.

It's getting closerrrrrrrr   :)))

bams68

Ohhhh me so can't wait.

I also am finally able to read the Midnite Sun pages. Adobe is a pile of junk on my pc so to say. It will jus not delete off my pc ....so anywho I am able to use Foxit Reader. Works much better an I'm a happy camper today.

Ur Deer Friend
bams

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bams68 on October 01, 2008, 02:06:51 PM
Ohhhh me so can't wait.

I also am finally able to read the Midnite Sun pages. Adobe is a pile of junk on my pc so to say. It will jus not delete off my pc ....so anywho I am able to use Foxit Reader. Works much better an I'm a happy camper today.

Ur Deer Friend
bams

YAy!!   :^*   Also, check out the other goodies....  http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight_outtakes.html

For Twilight and New Moon there are outtakes and extras that are very cool.  Be sure and check the New Moon out when you're through with that book.

bams68

Oh yeah I have been checkin out the whole site. Watched the trailer like 100's of times LOL. Very kewl....I dun fancy the song all that much from the soundtrack. Might grow on me but yah I've heard better.
I have already started New Moon, an Eclipse is waiting next. My Breaking Dawn book is still over at my sweeties...haha the books are so big an heavy that they jus didn't want to all fit in the box. which is kewl.
Got lots to read before that one.

I saw her book "The Host" today which I saw sum1 mention'd here that
they were reading. Looks interesting too.....any1 willing to share the comments on it??

Oh an did u get that bookmark printed yet?? If so how does it look?? I hope it turn'd out ok for you. For me, I used premiem glossy paper 4x6an it did perfect. The laminate helps too...espeically for me cuz I have to put the book down often due to lil one...so yeah I'm constantly using my bookmarks.

off to read sum more of the Midnite Sun....an enjoy my coffee
Ur Deer Friend
bams

Stinkerbell

You know, there are 2 trailers and another one due out mid October  (be still my heart)  LOL

Both trailers here incase you didn't see them  http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/twilight/

I did read The Host... it's amazing.  It's an adult novel and I felt it was better writing on Meyer's part.  The story is more emotional in that earth and the humans living on earth have been taken over by a peaceful alien race.  What the peaceful alien race didn't count on was that humans weren't going to give up so easily. :)  So yes, I would recommend that one also.  It's dubbed "Science fiction for people who don't like science fiction."  And it is a romance as well.  :,

Here's an awesome interview that Borders did with her about The Host.

http://www.bordersmedia.com/shows/borderspresents/meyer.asp

I haven't been able to print yet because when I started to print a document, it told me I was out of ink... I need to get some ink but I still have the files and they look great.  I found another image, if you want I will email it to you, that I thought would make a great bookmark.

And I am not crazy about that single either.  I'm really anxious to hear the music that Rob Pattinson wrote.  2 pieces will be in the movie.

So yeah.... I'm counting the days to 11/21  :)

bams68

"Oh Yummie" !!! both trailer's are awesome.

"Go Team Edward" LOL

Sorry to hear about the ink, can indeed suck. I'm a lucky duck, dun have to worry about ink ....my sweetie gets the ink in bulk for the school he teaches at an always gets me a few sets.....I think he only pays like 4bucks tops per each. Can't get better then that.
I am having difficultly jus finding a nice tassel to go with my bookmark. I've searched the mall today an ran out of luck there an even went to "Michaels" the craft store...an they dun carry them. Ah well I'm sure to find one eventually.

I will probably look at getting the Host when I'm done all this series first. Sounds interesting

oh an sure you can share the image u found too. I might already have it too LOL.

thx
Ur Deer Friend
bams

Stinkerbell

OK, file sent......

Do you check out the MTV Twilight Tuesday interviews?  They are soooooooo cool!  CindyLouWho showed me how to find them... go to MTV  then click on News and then go down to Movie News and Twilight Tuesday links are there.  I have links to all the past ones, so if you need me to I will post them here for you.

Here's this weeks interview with Cam Gigandet... James... oh, so adorable.... he's not bad, just misunderstood   :)))
http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1595903/story.jhtml

CindyLouWho

Oh yea.. 1st thing I do on Tues mornings when I get on is go read the new "Twilight Tuesday"  :)))

Yes the guy that plays James is adorable.  I sure would like it if they found a way to use him in the next sequels, even if he played a diff part I wouldn't care   :-*  Heck I like all the cast they have playing in the movie, I can't wait til they start making the rounds of talk shows as it gets closer to the movie release.   <:>

CindyLouWho

Hey I just found 30+ "Twilight series"  quizzes to play at Fun Trivia where Bobby has his Trivia game at.  They are pretty neat & all different.  If you can't find em, let me know & I'll send ya the addy.   :!!

Stinkerbell

I'd love it if you could send the link to the Twilight quizzes!

A book I read awhile ago, The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, is coming out today in theatres.  The book was great.  I hope the movie does well also.

Over the past several days I read the first House of Night books, Marked, Betrayed, Chosen and Untamed.  They are young adult novels and not too bad.  Not Twilight great, but not too bad.  Very highschool drama-ish and very, very easy reads.

Last night I started, and am loving so far, Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder.  Such an amazingly strong female character.  Poison Study, Magic Study and Fire Study are the 3 books in the series.  Anyone else read these?

CindyLouWho

Here's the link to the quizzes, they are fun....http://www.funtrivia.com/quizzes/literature/authors_l-p/stephenie_meyer.html

My 14 yr old granddaughter reads lotta books that look good, in fact its cause of her I got into the Twilight books, lol.  I have a batch of books now from the library I'm reading.  I get a bunch bout every 3 weeks.  I got that Cain & Abel book but haven't started it yet.

Lately I've been reading lot of different authors but mostly Fern Michaels, I've really gotten into her books lol   vacation8.gif

Oooooh I can't wait to see that new movie trailor!!   <:>

Stinkerbell

I finished Poison Study last night.  What a GREAT story!  Yelena was sentenced to death for killing the General's son.  When it was her turn to die, she was instead given an option to be food taster for the Commander, or hang.  There's action, mystery, romance.... something for everyone.
It is so well written, so much depth to the characters and I couldn't put it down.  I will be buying this book because it's worth having in my library.

I'm starting Magic Study today.

Stinkerbell

Finished the 3 books, Poison Study, Magic Study and Fire Study by Maria V. Synder.  I really loved the stories.  The books were well written, very easy to follow but not 'dumbed down' at all.  The strength and determination of the characters was awesome...  the author has a website where you can preview some of the writing and there are also some short stories to read.

jarjar

Stinkerbell years ago I would read at least 3 to 5 books a week. I was addicted. I really need to get back in the habit of reading. Pogo had taken my reading time away. Hmmmmmm but now that Uncle Otto has moved in maybe I should just start picking up those books again. My problem is I do not like to go to the library and when I do read I spend so much money on buying the books.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview