Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Book Worms

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyLouWho

OMG I just finished reading Twilight last nite, the 1st book & I am so hooked!!!  In fact I even went back & read some parts over again.  My granddaughter got me started, she's read em all & I just ordered the newest 1 for her & waiting for it to come in anyday.  She has #2 & 3 also & I'm gonna start them soon as she brings em over here.  I'm with you Stinker, thats the 1st vampire that ever attracted me...whew!   VV  I could chat about this book for hours but I won't   :))  I can't wait to go see the movie in Dec although I know a lot will be different & cut out.  You can go to the website & see who is playing the parts & see a trailor.

Harley, forget that other book & start reading Twilight   :)))

Stinkerbell

See, I was making fun of my daughter for being so hooked.  She was practically going through withdrawl waiting for #4.  Then I thought, "what the heck..."  OMG.... The first night I read til almost 2 and finally went to bed, laid there about 5 minutes and got back up to read more!
I'm maybe 1/5 way through #4 and I know I'll go back to Twilight again.

And the thing is, this is considered a young adult series, but no way.... amazing stories.  I almost DON'T want to see the movie because no way can it even come close.  And I already have this image of Edward... his features, his motions, his expressions... I don't know if I want all that ruined because I've seen the guy playing Edward and he's not what I imagine.

I can't help myself but there's no downside to being mostly dead if it means eternity with Edward   :))   ""

CindyLouWho

Have you already read the 1st 3 books?  I know what you mean bout not putting the book down, I couldn't either & read the book in 2 days & I could read it again, lol.  I'd have had it read sooner but I kept going ahead or backwards & reading other parts (I just couldn't help myself!   :))) )

I know the movie will be somewhat diff from the book cause they always are but I plan to go see it cause I won't be able to wait for the dvd.  I can see it now, me 53 yrs old sitting in the theater with all teens around me  :))

Stinkerbell

I'll tell you one thing... If you think there was conflict in the first book..... wait til you read the last 3.  It is so stressful right now that I said to my daughter, "OK look, if xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx happens, I need to know because I won't read anymore."   LOL  Aren't the Cullens a wonderful family?  (OO)

My daughter has also read The Host by the same author and said it was awesome.  It's more Sci-Fi than Twilight is.

Harley... I don't know, I might have to agree with Miss LouWho... just start reading Twilight.  If you DO decide to read it, whenever you do, please let me know what you think of it.

CindyLouWho

Yes I read the reviews on the other books plus my granddaughter has told me a lot about the others.  I think her & I have talked about these books bout all weekend.. :)))  can't wait to read the next 1, she's bringing the other 2 over tomorrow.  In the meantime, I'll reread some of Twilight again,  :))).  I have The Host, but don't want to start it knowing I'll have the others here tomorrow.  Yes the Culllens seem like a great family, sooooo nice!  Did you already read the newest 1, Breaking Dawn?  I should have it anyday, I ordered it from Walmart online & its been shipped. 

harley89

If I remember the actor playing Edward in the movie also played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire. Maybe I can start it next week  :-X I dont have anybody to take to the Dr for a whole week

CindyLouWho

Yep Harley thats the guy.   Like Stinkerbell said before, do let us know what ya think of the book if & when you read it!  vacation8.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: harley89 on August 10, 2008, 09:41:29 PM
If I remember the actor playing Edward in the movie also played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire. Maybe I can start it next week :-X I dont have anybody to take to the Dr for a whole week

You're correct about the actor but it means little to me as I didn't watch those movies, but of course my daughter did.  LOL
If you're ok with Vampires and other assorted "creatures of the night," I think you'll LOVE this book.  Believe it or not, it's not really gory (sp?) at all.

And WTG on not taking people to the doctor!   (OO)  That can only mean things are getting better!   :!!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CindyLouWho on August 10, 2008, 08:33:59 PM
Yes I read the reviews on the other books plus my granddaughter has told me a lot about the others.  I think her & I have talked about these books bout all weekend.. :)))  can't wait to read the next 1, she's bringing the other 2 over tomorrow.  In the meantime, I'll reread some of Twilight again,  :))).  I have The Host, but don't want to start it knowing I'll have the others here tomorrow.  Yes the Culllens seem like a great family, sooooo nice!  Did you already read the newest 1, Breaking Dawn?  I should have it anyday, I ordered it from Walmart online & its been shipped. 

I'm going to read The Host when I finish Breaking Dawn which will be today.  I don't know how much your granddaughter has told you, but there have been a few places where I was like "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME" and I'd be sooooooo mad I wouldn't want to read.  My DD (darling daughter) would tell me to keep reading, promising things would make sense.  So I did and I'm glad.  There's one whole book section in Breaking Dawn that I wanted to skip over but if I had, I would have been TOTALLY lost.

Oh, my DD was at Target the morning the book was released, that's why she got it already and I've been able to read it.  I was just starting Twilight when she got this one and she finished #4, my son finished it AND it got loaned to a friend AND now I'm reading it.  And it's been out what, a week?  740+ pages so that should tell you how good it is if 3 people read it and I'm almost done with it, in just over a week. 

Edward   "" (OO)

Stinkerbell

Well, I'm finished with Breaking Dawn.   :(  I wish Edward... errrr.... I mean the story could go on forever   :, 

I will be starting over with Twilight soon.  Now that I can slow down and read it I think I'll enjoy it even more :)

Keep us posted on what you think MsLouWho and you too, MsHarleyBabe, when you get started!

CindyLouWho

Well I started on #2 earlier but I had to take a break cause I was afraid to read anymore at the moment..I was getting a little sad...lol.  I don't want to say too much but its not long after her birthday party if you remember?  I'll get back to it later then I'll probablly be up all nite reading.  My breaking Dawn didn't come in today (grrrrrrrrrrrr) so my granddaughter starting reading Twilight again, her 5th time!!  lol  After her & I going on about the books & movie coming out, we got whole bunch of people wanting to read em now  :)))

Can't wait to hear what Harley thinks about Twilight...or anyone else here that may read it. 

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CindyLouWho on August 11, 2008, 09:30:48 PM
Well I started on #2 earlier but I had to take a break cause I was afraid to read anymore at the moment..I was getting a little sad...lol.  I don't want to say too much but its not long after her birthday party if you remember?  I'll get back to it later then I'll probablly be up all nite reading.  My breaking Dawn didn't come in today (grrrrrrrrrrrr) so my granddaughter starting reading Twilight again, her 5th time!!  lol  After her & I going on about the books & movie coming out, we got whole bunch of people wanting to read em now  :)))

Can't wait to hear what Harley thinks about Twilight...or anyone else here that may read it. 

I know EXACTLY the part you're talking about and let me tell you, you'll find several places over the course of the 3 remaining books where you want to stop reading, at least I did.  But don't give up, it gets VERY much better! 

harley89

I will let yall know when I get it started.  And yes Stinker it is getting better and about D$%^ time.  Will pm you about what is happening with me

Stinkerbell

Quote from: harley89 on August 12, 2008, 10:38:33 AM
And yes Stinker it is getting better and about D$%^ time.  Will pm you about what is happening with me

(OO)

Stinkerbell

If there is anyone interested in reading these books, but unsure of content, let me say that there is nothing inappropriate in language, explicitly graphic in violence or sexuality (in my opinion). I don't recall any cursing in the book either.  Might have been a darn (but the other version) but that's it.

CindyLouWho

Whew I finished book #2, "New Moon" today & still waiting to get my hands on #3.  But in the meantime, I started reading "Twilight", the 1st again.  I'm hooked bigtime! 

bams68

Like to read here myself - when I have the time. Havn't read in ages - use to read all the time as a teen. Always had my head in those R.L. Stine books. Still have most of my collection.

However since then I havn't read much. But I decided to jus pick up a book the other day while my son was outside playing to keep myself amused. It was a simple book I picked up at a book sale for a small 99cents - can't go wrong with that LOL. The book was worth it, it's called Buzz Cut by James Hall.....

I always enjoy the "King" books an always open to anything. Ur book twilight seems kewl. Would have to check that out next time I visit the city. Hard getting books here in my area....have to get to the city for pretty much everything.

Ur Deer Friend
bams

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bams68 on August 14, 2008, 04:46:24 AM

I always enjoy the "King" books an always open to anything. Ur book twilight seems kewl. Would have to check that out next time I visit the city. Hard getting books here in my area....have to get to the city for pretty much everything.

Ur Deer Friend
bams

I used to read a lot of King, but went through a phase of Dean Koontz also.  My all time favorite King book is The Stand!  I LOVE good vs evil books where GOOD actually wins.

Give Twilight a try.  It might be hard to get at the library though.  There's usually been a wait list.  It's out in paperback now.

Hugs!

bams68

Well my library stinks here, wouldn't even bother looking there. Here an the city - we jus dun have great support in those areas. Not even donating....

I will indeed take a look when I do visit the city in the bookstore for the paperback

I think I've read a few Koontz, but then again I'm not sure. I've picked up soo many books an never got to finish. Lately it's been hard to read due to my eyesight ....jus get such sore eyes when reading. Gonna have to convince my doc to give me those glasses - he refuses cuz my eyesight is sooo strong but I think it's tooo strong an gives me grief. Anywho I think books I enjoy are from life events...such as crimes that happen'd an such. Jus like reading those things....interesting stuff sumtimes.

Good topic btw

Ur Deer Friend
bams

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bams68 on August 14, 2008, 06:53:38 PM
Well my library stinks here, wouldn't even bother looking there. Here an the city - we jus dun have great support in those areas. Not even donating....

I will indeed take a look when I do visit the city in the bookstore for the paperback

I think I've read a few Koontz, but then again I'm not sure. I've picked up soo many books an never got to finish. Lately it's been hard to read due to my eyesight ....jus get such sore eyes when reading. Gonna have to convince my doc to give me those glasses - he refuses cuz my eyesight is sooo strong but I think it's tooo strong an gives me grief. Anywho I think books I enjoy are from life events...such as crimes that happen'd an such. Jus like reading those things....interesting stuff sumtimes.

Good topic btw

Ur Deer Friend
bams

(OO)  Take are of your eyes, hun!  That's what is most important.  I'm gonna post the link to the movie trailer.  It'll give you an idea of whether or not you even want to read the book because it's pretty darn close!

<a href='http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=39180808'>Twilight Trailer</a><br><embed src='http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf'; flashvars='m=39180808&v=2&type=video' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='430' height='346'></embed>

Don't know why all the extra coding is showing up.  Do you know what I'm doing wrong, Mr. Homer?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview