Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Book Worms

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

I know what you mean, jarjar.  They do get expensive.  A bunch of my family and friends are on GoodReads, so we swap books a lot.
I get some books from the library, but sometimes they are so old and so dirty I'm afraid to touch them   :(
I have really enjoyed the books I've read lately.  I just hope I can keep finding more that really grab my attention.

jarjar

Maybe I will look into joining another bookclub. Years ago I was in Doubleday and love it. Are their any other newer clubs that could be better and a little less pricey?

xgingerx

One very good book is Follow the River..a true story...

them got hook on the Amish ppl the the FLDS ppl... <:>

xgingerx

Homer can we cant that lil reading she is so dam cute...

vasunlover

I LOVE books!  Usually read Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Sandra Brown....But I have been known to read anything I can get my hands on.  I rather read thab watch the movie, all except for 1 series (Bourne).

Stinkerbell

Quote from: vasunlover on October 09, 2008, 11:02:58 AM
I LOVE books!  Usually read Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Sandra Brown....But I have been known to read anything I can get my hands on.  I rather read thab watch the movie, all except for 1 series (Bourne).

Have you read the Odd Thomas books?  Not your usual Dean Koontz, but sooooooooo good!  I love that character!

CindyLouWho

Quote from: jarjar on October 09, 2008, 10:30:13 AM
Maybe I will look into joining another bookclub. Years ago I was in Doubleday and love it. Are their any other newer clubs that could be better and a little less pricey?

I belong to a book club at zooba.com   All the books are $9.95 & are hardbacks.  I get a book every month from there.  If my library don't have a book I want to read then I get it from zooba, lol. 

We have a big library here & I can find most books I want & they are usually in great shape.  If I can't find any I want then I head to ebay  :))).

CindyLouWho

Any 1 ever read any books by Cassie Edwards?  I just finished 1 called "Spirit Warrior" & soon as I finished it I  read it again!  I didn't think I'd like it at first but fooled myself & loved it.   :)))  It took place in the year 1838 about an indian chief & warrior that fell in love with a white woman.  I thought it was an amazing book,  & I'll be getting more of her books on my next batch of library books.

Stinker, I think you would really like it.  These 2 reminded me a lot of Edward & Bella tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif 

jarjar

Quote from: CindyLouWho on October 09, 2008, 03:03:26 PM
I belong to a book club at zooba.com   All the books are $9.95 & are hardbacks.  I get a book every month from there.  If my library don't have a book I want to read then I get it from zooba, lol. 

We have a big library here & I can find most books I want & they are usually in great shape.  If I can't find any I want then I head to ebay  :))).

Thanks Cindy I will check that site out.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CindyLouWho on October 09, 2008, 03:19:54 PM
Any 1 ever read any books by Cassie Edwards?  I just finished 1 called "Spirit Warrior" & soon as I finished it I  read it again!  I didn't think I'd like it at first but fooled myself & loved it.   :)))  It took place in the year 1838 about an indian chief & warrior that fell in love with a white woman.  I thought it was an amazing book,  & I'll be getting more of her books on my next batch of library books.

Stinker, I think you would really like it.  These 2 reminded me a lot of Edward & Bella tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif 

Sounds great!  Would you be ok with your granddaughter reading it?  I am wondering if it would be appropriate for my daughter, 17.

CindyLouWho

Quote from: Stinkerbell on October 09, 2008, 04:25:33 PM
Sounds great!  Would you be ok with your granddaughter reading it?  I am wondering if it would be appropriate for my daughter, 17.

I have 2, a 14 yr old & a 19 yr old & yes I'd be ok with them reading it.   There's a little violence & couple really good sexual parts but not even close to what they see on tv.   Has a lot of historical, Indian folklore & intriguing romance in it. The main female charactor in the book is 18 so I'm sure your daughter would like it.  Even you too!  :)))

Stinkerbell

Thanks!!  I will give her the name of the author.  She's read sooooooooooooo many books and is always wanting something new.

CindyLouWho

I've only read that 1 book so far by her but am sure the others are good too

CindyLouWho

Anyone that wants to see the new "Twilight" movie trailor can go here to see it, just scoll down a little & you'll see where to click on the clip----  http://www.edwardandbella.net/

By morning it'll probably be all over the net  :))).  Now I'm even more anxious to see the movie Nov 21st.   :///  <:>

bams68

thx for sharing hun. Speechless of course

Ur Deer Friend
bams

CindyLouWho

YW Bams!  Actually if you go to myspace, click on the ad on the main page & you can watch the trailor in a bigger & better version.   <:>

CindyLouWho

Quote from: FreecellFanny on September 23, 2008, 03:06:09 AM
They actually did a movie/mini series on the book starring Peter Strauss as Abel. Can't remember who played William Kane.

The sequel to that book is The Prodigal Daughter.  :/\

I'm reading Kane & Abel now & should finish it tomorrow nite probably.  It is very good & thanks for suggesting it!!   tumbsup.gif  I plan to get the sequel later on so I can read it too.  I think it was Sam O'Neil that played Kane in the movie & if I can find it on dvd later on I want to get it. 

disneyland lady

Quote from: Stinkerbell on April 25, 2008, 01:19:32 PM

I just finished reading the Dean Koontz trilogy (hope he writes more of these) Odd Thomas books.  I just fell in love with Odd, the main character.
Enough humor and mystery...  not too deep and not difficult to follow.

I am reading the next one: Odd Hours by Dean Koontz but since I got lasik surgery I am devouring anything and everything. I really love the books by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child about Agent Pendergast. It is just so nice not to not have 4 eyes after a gillion years, I will even read the back of cereal boxes.

Disneyland lady insane diego

CindyLouWho

Disney, I've never read any of their books but I checked out their website & I plan to get 1 of the books on my next library trips after I finish the books I have now.  Is Relic the 1st book in the Agent Pendergast series, if so I'll start with that 1?

I've read 3 more Cassie Edwards books this week, also read Fractored by Karin Slaughter (which was very good! ).  I'm reading Fern Michaels "Up close and personal" now which is real good so far.   vacation8.gif

disneyland lady

Quote from: CindyLouWho on October 20, 2008, 06:28:38 PM
Is Relic the 1st book in the Agent Pendergast series, if so I'll start with that 1?

Relic is the first one which introduces Agent Pendergast. The 2 authors together have such a great way of moving a story along. I just finished Cabinet of Curiosities.

disneyland lady insane diego

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview