Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

How to Play Tri-Peaks 2: Quest for the Ruby Ring

Started by murrell,

Previous topic - Next topic

murrell

The Basics

Tri-Peaks Solitaire is a solitaire game where you must clear out all the cards in the playing field. To remove a card from the playing field, you simply click on cards that are one number higher or lower than the card in the Foundation Pile. Suit does not matter.

As you remove face-up cards from the playing field, other cards will become immediately available for play. In this way, you can string together card streaks of ten, twelve, fifteen cards, or more!

When you win hands, our hero, Tex Carter, advances towards the next treasure chest, where you can win tokens and Wild Cards! When Tex makes it all the way to the golden treasure chest, you earn a valuable relic, along with a Jackpot Spin. Earn enough relics and you'll advance to new mysterious temples and get some nifty new card backs!
Gameplay

Clicking on a card will bring it down to the foundation pile, which will allow you to click on other cards. For instance, clicking on the Five would bring it down to the foundation pile, and then you could click on either the Six or the Four in the playing field. In this manner, you can string together many cards. Aces can be high or low, and can wrap around.

As you remove cards from the playing field, other face-down cards are freed and become available. If you play your cards right (no pun intended), you can free up cards and create streaks of 10, 12, 15, or more cards in a row!

When there are no more cards on the playing field that you can remove, click on the draw pile to draw the next card.

If you can clear out all the cards on the playing field, you win!

If your draw pile is empty and there are still cards on the playing field, a "New Hand" button will appear where the draw pile was. Click on that to try a new hand.
Undo

Accidentally clicked the draw pile when you still had a move available? Don't worry — click the Undo button to undo your last move. Be careful, though: You only get one undo per hand. After that, you're on your own...
The Wild Card

You will eventually discover Wild Cards as you win hands. Your Wild Card will stay next to the foundation pile until you decide to use it. To use it, simply click on it. It will then jump to your foundation pile, and then you can place any other card you want on top of it!

You do not have to use your wild card to win a hand. You can hold onto it and keep it for the next hand, or the hand after that — once you have a wild card, you'll never lose it. Note that you can only have one wild card at a time.
Face-Up Deals

After you've been playing a while, the game will start rewarding you with Face-Up Deals. When you get a Face-Up Deal, the next hand will play like normal, except all the cards will be dealt face-up. This allows you to play the next hand a little more strategically.
Ranks and Badges

When you get to the gold treasure chest at the end of the screen, you'll discover rare Artifacts. When you discover enough artifacts, you'll earn promotions from the American Institute of Digging Up Stuff. Unfortunately, the AIDUS has no budget, so the promotions don't come with, say, a corner office, but you do earn cool little animal rankings that appear on your card backs. And that's almost as good as a corner office, right?

The first rank you earn will be that of Newt. From there, you'll progress to Butterfly, Chinchilla, Tree Frog, Hummingbird, and so on, up until the coveted rank of Jaguar. When you reach certain ranks, not only will you earn a new rank, but you'll also get a nifty new Premium Badge that you can display next to your name. See if you can be the first person on your block to earn these badges! (Please note that turning off your neighbor's electricity in order to be the first on your block is not condoned by Pogo.)
Scoring

The Bonus Multiplier Critter
Every time you remove a card from the playing field, the Bonus Multiplier Critter moves up the column one notch. Every time you draw a card from the draw pile, he moves down a notch. So to keep him moving up the column, try to make streaks of several cards in a row. If you can move him up to light up the 1.5x, 2x, 2.5x or 3x multipliers and you win the game, your final score will be multiplied by that amount!

Clearing Token Piles
As you remove cards from the playing field, tokens will float up to the top of each peak. If you can clear out an entire peak, you'll earn all the tokens you've collected for that peak! (The exact number of tokens is determined randomly.)

Winning Score
If you win a hand, you earn all the tokens you've collected, plus a token for every card left in the discard pile. If you've won more than one hand in a row, you'll also get a bonus for that (10 points for 2 wins in a row, 15 for 3, 20 for 4, and so on). Finally, all of that together is multiplied by the amount you've earned from the Bonus Multiplier Snake. See how high of a score you can get!

Losing Score
If you don't win a hand, you get to keep the tokens you've collected, but you don't get the Bonus Multiplier bonus. (Awwww...)

Treasure Chests
As you win hands, Tex "Danger" Carter makes his way across the screen towards several treasure chests. If he reaches a treasure chest, you get the treasure inside (usually tokens or a wild card). If you make it to the Gold Treasure Chest at the end, you earn a special rare artifact, along with a hefty token bonus, a jackpot spin, and a year's supply of car wax. Wow!

Okay, we lied about the car wax. But you do get the rest of the stuff.

Mini-Traps!
Watch out! Every once in a while someone from the chat room will get caught in trap! The only way to rescue them is for everyone to clear enough card peaks to set them free. The number of peaks to be cleared will be shown at upper left next to the time remaining in the trap. If everyone works together, the trapped Mini will be freed and everyone will win rescue tokens! If time runs out, then the mini will, well...it's curtains!

Bonus Game Rubies
You collect rubies by earning 7 card streaks and finding them in treasure chests! Rubies are saved for the special bonus pachinko game that Tex "discovers" in his adventures.

disneyland lady

ty

Disneyland lady insane diego

IndianLover

I like the part about a pogo players mini getting caught up in a mini trap  :)))

Stinkerbell

Quote from: IndianLover on January 27, 2008, 01:30:27 PM
I like the part about a pogo players mini getting caught up in a mini trap  :)))

I would like to see Pogo make animated minis.  I want my mini to be able to walk over and smack the stupid right out of other minis.  Shooot, I'd pay 34 gems for that.

disneyland lady

"If time runs out, then the mini will, well...it's curtains!"

.......hmmmm are these like Pogo Wallpapers? I might just feng shui my area housewife1.gif

disneyland lady insane diego

Mr. Rasputia

harley89

OMG you mean I am gonna have to rely on other players to save my minis  :o0 I have spent all this time avoiding any interaction with any of them and now my mini has gotta do it. Lord I probably need to read a book on how to talk to people and make friends . Maybe breast implants will help. Any on sale at the min mall

IndianLover

I hope it comes out tomorrow but not sure... this morning when I looked in beta I'm still not seeing the mini stuff for the game boooo hooo. Watch us see that dreadful Keno Pop.. I don't want that game give me one of the Solitaires   :))

IndianLover

Ok in the news they said download it next week,   It's been 7 days today  since they wrote that. What is their definition of a week  !@#$

disneyland lady

Are you aware of Pogo's meaning of Coming Soon? I think that if you look in the Pogo dictionary under Coming Soon you see all the signs of Armageddon AND the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse :( I have an idea their idea of a week is one quarter of Coming Soon. They do not put anything out normally til Tues though.

disneyland lady insane diego

swamp

Quote from: IndianLover on February 01, 2008, 06:51:15 AM
Ok in the news they said download it next week,   It's been 7 days today  since they wrote that. What is their definition of a week  !@#$
pogo,s coming soon means   when we feel like it  :)) :))   :## civilwar.gif

harley89

It also can mean we dont want to release it if it is going to work great. It has got to have a few problems that will require Pogo to attempt to fix them and in doing so lose your badges your tokens and your mini for a short time

Mia107

Im growing impatient.. Ive already finished keno pop (hasn't everyone?) and I want something new to play. so where is tri peaks at??  >:((

Stinkerbell

Okay, so I've gone across the bridge 3x, gotten to the gold chest and get no spin.  It gives me a whopping 60 tokens, then boots me back to the first chest.  Although, on one of the gold chests I did unlock a mini.  How common is this, not to get a spin?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview