PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:44:45 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Crazy Goose Attacks Boater and Dog

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

MsMissy

~Sassy~

:))) He sure is persistent. Someone would probably call the S.P.C.A. on me, 'cause his goose would be cooked.   cook.gif

Stinkerbell

I've never had goose cuz it looks too much like a duck and I've heard that duck is very greasy, so I've never tried that either!

Homer

FreecellFanny

When I worked at the local zoo there was a goose that always chased me. I don't know why she had it in for me but she did. She could never cause any damage because her beak was deformed (she had been abused) but it was still annoying having this darn bird nipping at my heels.  :))

Stinkerbell

At the cemetery where my grandparents are buried, they have a very large pond and many, many duck and geese.  The geese are very hostile, and it's not just one.  It's all of them.  I never did anything to them.  Bad geese....   fall14.gif  good riddance

Homer

Quote from: FreecellFanny on May 10, 2008, 05:38:48 AM
When I worked at the local zoo there was a goose that always chased me. I don't know why she had it in for me but she did. She could never cause any damage because her beak was deformed (she had been abused) but it was still annoying having this darn bird nipping at my heels.  :))

Maybe it was trying to tell you not to wear white after Labor Day?  :)))

FreecellFanny

Quote from: Homer on May 10, 2008, 06:15:22 AM
Maybe it was trying to tell you not to wear white after Labor Day?  :)))

You may be right.  :))

Now that I think about it though, she may not have liked the noise that my flip-flops made.  :-\

Of course, now I'm wondering why she used to peck at the windows of the Capuchin Monkey enclosure.  :)))

Nonnie

Geese are very Territorial animals!  I had 4 geese and then they grew to 6 when my girls were little the geese used to gesture as if they were going to attack. I told my daughters that if they did not show the geese, that they were masters geese were geese, that the girls would have me to fear not the geese! Than my husband said; everyday when he came home from work the geese used to attack him and not let him get out of the truck. I did not believe him till I saw one day that all 6 geese went with wings open and jumped at him with wings a flapping.......LOL  And yet every one on the property walked on the same land meaning they were let out to be free with us humans the dogs, sheep, chickens, horses, geese, ducks and what ever else came had no fences, to hold them in.  It seems that the male geese just do not like competition other male species of any kind on their space. Did you know geese mate for Life?

FreecellFanny

Great story Nonnie. And no, I didn't know they mated for life! VV

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview