PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 10:15:58 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

spades

Started by sunshine219,

Previous topic - Next topic

sunshine219

how do players jack tables? Does anyone know?

Stinkerbell

I've never heard of this so I'm interested to see what others post as well.

harley89

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 11, 2008, 10:30:09 AM
I've never heard of this so I'm interested to see what others post as well.
Me too. All you table jackers please explain

mr.clean

~Sassy~

I Googled it and I think I found out what they meant. I have never heard of the term before either. I have the short version here and I will provide the link below for you in case you want to read more. It is for team tourney Spades.

Pogo's Jack – Matches require that only the person who is dealt the Jack of Spades must bid nil. Any miss-bid will result in disqualification of the team at fault.  Please call TD to table to verify.  Games will be played to either 5 or 7 hand limit or 250 or 500 points which ever comes first.  Tables are to be set Regular, Unrated.

http://www.eliters.com/games/league/question.asp?lid=all&q=3271

Stinkerbell

Quote from: SassyBear on May 12, 2008, 12:02:55 AM
I Googled it and I think I found out what they meant. I have never heard of the term before either. I have the short version here and I will provide the link below for you in case you want to read more. It is for team tourney Spades.

Pogo's Jack – Matches require that only the person who is dealt the Jack of Spades must bid nil. Any miss-bid will result in disqualification of the team at fault.  Please call TD to table to verify.  Games will be played to either 5 or 7 hand limit or 250 or 500 points which ever comes first.  Tables are to be set Regular, Unrated.

http://www.eliters.com/games/league/question.asp?lid=all&q=3271

Hey, thanks for checking, Sassyone!  I hate not being up on the lingo, dontchaknow   :,

MsMissy

Im also interseted in what a taable jacker, or the word Goddled it. Hmmmmmmm some words ive never heard of or seen.

~Sassy~

:-\  I am going to explain it just one time...K. It is called a language barrier.  :))) That is why you no comprendo.

Language barrier is a figurative phrase used primarily to indicate the difficulties faced when people, who have no language in common, attempt to communicate with each other. Examples: It applies to any games you might want to play on Pogo or most often when a man and a woman try to converse.

~Sassy~

:-\

Stinkerbell

Taken from the Stinker-BraveLady Dictionary:

Table Jacker - Someone who waits in line at a busy restaurant until a hostess calls for "Bob (or Jack, Ted, Alice...), party of 3" (or 2, 4, 5... as the case may be), then hurries up to the hostess and says "I'm Bob (or Jack, Ted, Alice...) " and is seated, thereby "jacking" the "table."

gator8_24

If I had known that was you, Stinker, I wouldn't have ordered my hubby to 'jack' the table!! :)))

Stinkerbell

Quote from: gator8 on May 13, 2008, 09:35:03 AM
If I had known that was you, Stinker, I wouldn't have ordered my hubby to 'jack' the table!! :)))

:)))  I thought that was you in those sunglasses and wide brimmed hat!   :))

FreecellFanny

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 13, 2008, 08:35:33 AM
Taken from the Stinker-BraveLady Dictionary:

Table Jacker - Someone who waits in line at a busy restaurant until a hostess calls for "Bob (or Jack, Ted, Alice...), party of 3" (or 2, 4, 5... as the case may be), then hurries up to the hostess and says "I'm Bob (or Jack, Ted, Alice...) " and is seated, thereby "jacking" the "table."

Bob. Carol. Ted. Alice.

Tom. Dick. Harry.

:-\

~Sassy~

6_6.gif

Tara

It means hijacked, taken over...kinda like this thread has been.  <:>

Runner

Quote from: Tara on May 13, 2008, 01:57:10 PM
It means hijacked, taken over...kinda like this thread has been.  <:>
(O+O)

disneyland lady

I thought a table jacker was those 4 missing playing cards used to keep the card table level. Also good for this is a vintage pack of matches *this info is pre-disposible lighter* tourist5.gif

disneyland lady insane diego

MsMissy

I agree with Squid, why must someone bid NIL, i like too see my cards. everytime i try that, i loose points in game.  !@#$

~Sassy~

:-\ You would never want to play Spades with me and a friend of mine. We both love playing against the bots and both of us bidding nil. It is a blast. The bots think they have everything all figured out.  :))
Plus the one advantage for bidding nil is you do get more points for you and your partner....if you are behind.

sandyhook

I thought table jack was a NASCAR term
I DO WHAT MY RICE KRISPISES TELL ME TO

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview