PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 05:48:13 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Find Your Local Gas Prices Here

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkey

Lowest - $3.67
Highest - $3.99 <--- Of course this is at the one closest to me.  :xx
Average - $3.75

Tara

Mine is $3.64 at about 6 stations all around me. The cheapest is 3.59.

Homer

I saw an analyst on the news and he blamed rising gas prices on the "green" movement and said gas will be $6 a gallon very soon because of it.

Sounds to me like the oil industry is starting to realize their days are numbered and intend to gouge us at the pumps while they still can.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Tara

I don't know all the details of this, but in a nutshell, they have found a sufficient amount of oil in Alaska for the US, but because of the polar bears they can't build the underwater pipe lines to get it here. The environment (can't think of the word) people or whoever says NO!  :-\  Bush said no too...wonder if that's because he's an oil man.  :-\

Stinkerbell

I heard a talk show host talking about how the enviromentalists fought the Alaskan Pipeline saying that it would drive away the wild carabou.  Turns out, because the pipeline has to be kept at a certain temperature so the oil will pass through, the carabou have taken up residence nearby and their numbers are rising.

You're right, there is plenty of oil in Alaska, and again you're right, the enviromentalists are keeping us from drilling there, and the politicians aren't going to fight them because so much revenue is gained from taxes and frankly, it's not in THEIR best interest to do so.  We have a difficult choice to make.  End dependency on foreign oil, or "infringe" on yet more of the little remaining wilderness.   

Regarding biofuels, this statement was in a Time Magazine article not long ago:

"Meanwhile, by diverting grain and oilseed crops from dinner plates to fuel tanks, biofuels are jacking up world food prices and endangering the hungry. The grain it takes to fill an SUV tank with ethanol could feed a person for a year."

Plus I saw on a Discovery channel program that there isn't enough land in the entire world to grow the amount of grain needed to replace the dependency on oil.

~Sassy~

:( What a depressing thread to have to see and know it is real.

Lowest $3.699
Highest $ 3.889
We are still going on vacation to California though.  vacation4.gif vacation8.gif

Tara

$3.79 after yesterdays $5.00 more a barrel closing price.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview