This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Jigsaw Treasure Hunter - General Info & Ranks

Started by Runner,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

What do you suppose it means when it says (regarding the holiday puzzles) to "unlock and collect" 20 new puzzles?  I'm wondering if there's some benefit to doing them by hand or what.  I know Tara said you don't get a badge, but what do they mean by collect?

C~M

Quote from: Stinkerbell on December 10, 2008, 01:30:16 PM
what do they mean by collect?

They probably mean that the puzzles are just for the holidays and will be gone after that, but if you solve them and unlock them you will get to play them as random puzzles.

Tara

It's the same thing you did when you unlocked other puzzles...big friggen deal. It's not like you're going to want to do Christmas puzzles over and over, or any of them as a matter of fact. I guess if you loved the game you might care about unlocking puzzles. It's kind of like getting 50 friggen different bowling balls in bowling. Who cares? They all go down the lane the same way.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Tara on December 10, 2008, 02:31:25 PM
It's the same thing you did when you unlocked other puzzles...big friggen deal. It's not like you're going to want to do Christmas puzzles over and over, or any of them as a matter of fact. I guess if you loved the game you might care about unlocking puzzles. It's kind of like getting 50 friggen different bowling balls in bowling. Who cares? They all go down the lane the same way.

Of one thing I am certain... once I complete a puzzle, I have no desire to ever play it again. 

Stinkerbell

There were a lot of problems with this game originally... people not being able to finish rank 50, being unable to rank out. Is this still a problem for people?

Magzy

I think now that the problem is fixed, but for us that it screwed in the beginning I have heard that the only way to rank out is to clear stats and start over.....I think I will just stay at rank 44 and forget the last badge in that case! girls18.gif

FreecellFanny

Stinkerbell

Quote from: magzy on December 10, 2008, 03:22:46 PM
I think now that the problem is fixed, but for us that it screwed in the beginning I have heard that the only way to rank out is to clear stats and start over.....I think I will just stay at rank 44 and forget the last badge in that case! girls18.gif

Thanks for the info, Magzy.  I didn't want to keep playing if it was still screwed up and GPS 2.2 is running flawlessly so I might decide to rank out on that one next.
Thanks again!

Magzy

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on December 10, 2008, 03:28:34 PM
Thanks for the info, Magzy.  I didn't want to keep playing if it was still screwed up and GPS 2.2 is running flawlessly so I might decide to rank out on that one next.
Thanks again!

My GPS is NOT running flawlessly (although I'm happy for the big Stinkeroo).  Does anyone have any suggestions on settings or sumptin'?  It plays about 2 or 3 puzzles ok, then freaks out.... pulling open drawers, shifting the puzzle off the game board area so that pieces can't be placed, etc., etc. 

Yes, Virginia, there IS a TSR and it has been submitted. 

xoxoxox  :!!

FreecellFanny

IMHO, you need a good strong reliable high-speed connection for this game.

The connection I had at home kept cutting out, changing the speed, and that made it impossible to play this game (I believe) because it is so graphic-heavy.

That seems to be the key for some of these game. The autos are fine but if you connection is crappy the game will keep hanging up.

We went away to Boston for a weekend and that is when I ranked out; I let the auto run all weekend in the hotel.  :)))

IndianLover

I agree 100% about connection where I used to live a few years back had road runner cable ohhh how I loved it and the autos flew. now I got sucky sattelite can't get the other here so they lag or don't play as well.

arniebear

QuoteIt plays about 2 or 3 puzzles ok, then freaks out.... pulling open drawers, shifting the puzzle off the game board area so that pieces can't be placed, etc., etc.

This is the same problem I am having with this auto, I have been playing with 1.5v which kind Stinkerbell sent me because upgrade really freaked.  Finally upgraded and it plays about the same as 1.5..........I really wish they could get this auto to work as well as Sherlock does  :((

Mistyeyed

this is one game that i was able to use the orginal auto all the way through and rank out,it didnt get stuck at all for me..now that i am trying to get the 5000 pt badge its not running as well since they added the christmas puzzles..i have to babysit it,but only have 400 more pts,then i will wash my hands of this game..

Squid

Quote from: FreecellFanny on December 11, 2008, 02:03:13 AM
IMHO, you need a good strong reliable high-speed connection for this game.

Thanks for the info.  I have DSL through the phone company.  Maybe it's fluctuating in speed, I don't know.  I've done everything I can.  My system is clean and I am not running superfluous programs... just what is necessary.  It still happens. 

I will say this, though... there have been a couple of times when GPS and a couple of other games pooped out because I ran out of memory.  My laptop has 1 gig of RAM but I think it's time to buy another gig.  I've never done this before.  Do I just take my laptop to Best Buy and say, "Ram me!"?  (so to speak.....  :))) )

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on December 11, 2008, 06:16:20 AM
Thanks for the info.  I have DSL through the phone company.  Maybe it's fluctuating in speed, I don't know.  I've done everything I can.  My system is clean and I am not running superfluous programs... just what is necessary.  It still happens. 

I will say this, though... there have been a couple of times when GPS and a couple of other games pooped out because I ran out of memory.  My laptop has 1 gig of RAM but I think it's time to buy another gig.  I've never done this before.  Do I just take my laptop to Best Buy and say, "Ram me!"?  (so to speak.....  :))) )

My mom has DSL through Verizon and she has all kinds of problems with specific games on Pogo.

Squid

Hmmmm.  Sumptin' to think about....

I'm waiting for FiOS to come to my neck of the woods.  Is that going to be better?

Mistyeyed

Quote from: Stinkerbell on December 11, 2008, 07:45:07 AM
My mom has DSL through Verizon and she has all kinds of problems with specific games on Pogo.

i have my dsl through verizon also and have never had any problem with it...by the way..i work for verizon...lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview