PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 01:11:23 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Great web site

Started by fwankwinsmom,

Previous topic - Next topic

fwankwinsmom

I just want to introduce myself. I'm Chris and an avid fan of this web site! I had initially registered under my pogo screen name before reading the part that I shouldn't use that addie.  Oh well. But there are so many interesting people here that I figured I might as well use a different email address so I can register under a different name.

To all who write the programs, they are awesome. I normally like to play the games by hand, but sometimes it's just too grueling and it's nice to have someone else do it for me.

What prompted me to write was the Chess challenge. I haven't a CLUE about that game, and I got the badge. I'm sure my friends will be wondering about that one.  :)))

Hello to all... see you soon... and thanks for a very interesting forum.   jester.gif

Chris

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

swamp

fwankwinsmom

Said thanks already, but it didn't go through... Thanks!!   :!@

FreecellFanny

Wow...polite, good spelling, great grammar, and your posts make sense!   tumbsup.gif

Welcome to the Dark Side Chris!   :/\

fwankwinsmom

Thanks, Fanny.  I try. I can thank the nuns for my spelling and grammar. They slapped you silly if you didn't get it right.   :{:  Back then they were allowed to!! !@#$

Chris

Stinkerbell

Quote from: fwankwinsmom on May 22, 2008, 04:21:14 PM
Thanks, Fanny.  I try. I can thank the nuns for my spelling and grammar. They slapped you silly if you didn't get it right.   :{:  Back then they were allowed to!! !@#$

Chris

My granny, named Frankie (after her uncle) attended school in the deep southern part of Louisiana where teachers got away with most anything.  She had 1 teacher who kept smacking her hand with a ruler because she wrote with her left hand.  One day, Grandma Frankie had enough and beat the garbage out of the teacher.  That was the end of the ruler punishment.

And Welcome to the nuthouse...errrrr... I mean the forum!  :)

~Sassy~

<..> Welcome Chris. There are a bunch of great people in here. Nice to have you here with us.

fwankwinsmom

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 22, 2008, 04:56:13 PM
My granny, named Frankie (after her uncle) attended school in the deep southern part of Louisiana where teachers got away with most anything.  She had 1 teacher who kept smacking her hand with a ruler because she wrote with her left hand.  One day, Grandma Frankie had enough and beat the garbage out of the teacher.  That was the end of the ruler punishment.

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 22, 2008, 04:56:13 PM
My granny, named Frankie (after her uncle) attended school in the deep southern part of Louisiana where teachers got away with most anything.  She had 1 teacher who kept smacking hand with a ruler because she wrote with her left hand.  One day, Grandma Frankie had enough and beat the garbage out of the teacher.  That was the end of the ruler punishment.

Thanks, Bell (I can't bear to call you Stinker!) for the welcome. I enjoy all your posts, along with all the other regulars... My dad went through what your grannie did (great name!!), but remained left handed anyway. I'm left handed when it comes to writing, eating with a fork ( !@!) and smoking... oh and drinking from a glass, be it a tumbler or a wine glass. I think everything else I do right handed. Kinda weird. I wonder if there are blocked out memories of those nuns hitting me with rulers!!  I do remember having to put my chewing gum on my nose. Man, they were cruel!!

And, I see that this is a nuthouse and that's why I just had to join.  <..>

fwankwinsmom

Quote from: SassyBear on May 22, 2008, 05:16:13 PM
<..> Welcome Chris. There are a bunch of great people in here. Nice to have you here with us.

Thank you!!

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Tara

Welcome to the forum Chris. Happy cheating!  I would welcome you no matter what kind of spelling and grammar you have.

To other lurking members who aren't sure whether they want to join or not .... It's not a requirement of this forum to have great grammar or even know how to spell correctly to be a member.  tumbsup.gif

Jewel

Welcome to the forum! Have fun and have a great day!  vacation51.gif

S1lent

Welcome,
Look here first when you have a question.  You'll find yourself not alone.  Lots of good information is shared at this site...and it is appreciated.

Again, Welcome
S1lent

fwankwinsmom

Thanks, Tara, Jewel, S1lent for the welcome.

S1lent, I'm going back looking at tons of old posts. Interesting and very informative! A question I do have, and maybe this is for Domer (I will forever think of Homer as Domer, as it is my favorite episode)... but I've tried and tried to get a pic for my screen name. I know I had read somewhere how to do it, and now I can't recall where it was.  Tried to get a link to an image and it wouldn't work.

OH... another question... this one for Domer.  I KNOW that pic of the woman on the right in your signature from many years ago. What show is she from??? It's been bothering me from the first time I logged on to this site!!!

Chris

Homer

To put a picture under your name you need to upload the image to ImageShack or Photobucket . It must be under 150 x 150 pixels

The girl is Natalie from Big Brother 9

Could you please call me Homer?

fwankwinsmom

So sorry, Homer! Bad joke on my part. :(

Thanks for the info.

Homer

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview