Snowbird Solitaire : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Clear 500 crystal layers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Spades Mix and Match rated game

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

Quote from: disneyland lady on May 28, 2008, 05:58:45 AM
Me too! I can't play spades but have the auto and bought this before I saw it was rated. So I need help on it.

disneyland lady insane diego
Well I think mr clean wants this badge so that makes 2 of you if you 2 want to get a game I can double browse for you

BadgeBabe

I only know a few posters here but I definitely know how to set up a Spades game for a player to win without putting them through hoops.

Do we need to start some kind of list of who might need playing partners?

I can manage 2 losing screen names on my own, so add a third person if the badge player doesn't have 2 Pogo accounts. One account can be a free Pogo account and we can play a rated Spades game in the Free Pogo section and get the badge just as easily, BTW .  I learned some really quick tips to make the win fast when I was using 2 computers and 4 screen names of my own to get my badge, LOL.. Here's to the Spades badge  :!!

BadgeBabe

Homer

Quote from: Squid on May 29, 2008, 02:51:08 PM
* Squid is curious as to how to set up Spades for easy wins! 
* Squid loves quick tips, too!!

Couldn't you table hop for the badge?

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gator8_24

Homer

harley89

~Sassy~

:!@ Make mine Margarita's...please note that is plural Harley  :))) No table hopping needed if I play.

BadgeBabe

I don't table hop, if it means stealing a win away from a game already in progress. I don't consider that to be good sportsmanship at all.

Here's what I did to get my badge- just add one or so of your screen names or two of  mine and one of yours and you have a table of 3 losing players and one designated winning player who needs their badge. The BET is the most important part. 1 person on the losing team bids Nil ( with the option checked to penalize 10 times the entire bid for missed Nil bid). The other losing player chooses 12 as their bid ( the highest Pogo allows).
The losing team just throws out their aces at random out of suite, basically giving up every legitimate trick they could win, with ONE exception anywhere in the game. The person who bid Nil plays one winning trick, thereby nullifying the Nil bid and causing a huge penalty for the losing team.

Also, the losers try to set the winner up with a good solid hand- I select the Advanced Options regarding Spades for this.. The badge- getting player should have the option of declaring a Misdeal if they only have 1 Spade or less, or if they have 7 cards or more of one suite ( unless it is Spades, of course). While the losing players also have the same options, they are not utilized UNLESS one has a string of Spades in their hand. Then they use the " Misdeal due to 7 or more cards of the same suite" when the option pops up from Pogo.

I don't play with 2's beating Spades, because the distribution of 2s is very unpredictable, whereas the distribution of Spades can be somewhat controlled in the two advanced options described above. It does NO good if the losing players are dealt a superior hand every deal. This possibility can be minimized easily by trying to ensure that the badge player has more Spades or at least equal Spades in every hand.

I hope those were a few quick and easy tips :)
                Badgebabe

Tara

It always pays to know at least a little about the game your playing.  :^*

~Sassy~

Some people take life way too serious.  :oo This leads to doctor visits for high blood pressure.  doctor.gif I really am a very good spades player. I do not drink period, I was only joking and I do not table hop.
So, with that being said I will take my podium, my little mini and we will go shopping in the mall, we will be back later.  :))

MsMissy

Well  i can play Spades, but dont win often. Im sure glad u dont have to win to progress. I need an Auto to win.  :=

BadgeBabe

Quote from: SassyBear on May 30, 2008, 09:28:06 AM
Some people take life way too serious.  :oo This leads to doctor visits for high blood pressure.  doctor.gif I really am a very good spades player. I do not drink period, I was only joking and I do not table hop.
So, with that being said I will take my podium, my little mini and we will go shopping in the mall, we will be back later.  :))

Sassy, my reply was not to you, :). It was to Homer, who was the first person to suggest table hopping with no smileys or anything else. I simply said I don't play that way. No need for YOU to take things so seriously. I never gave it a second thought, so back up.

Homer

Quote from: BadgeBabe on June 02, 2008, 01:57:16 PM
Sassy, my reply was not to you, :). It was to Homer, who was the first person to suggest table hopping with no smileys or anything else. I simply said I don't play that way. No need for YOU to take things so seriously. I never gave it a second thought, so back up.

You get your badges your way and I'll get mine my way.

~Sassy~

Quote from: BadgeBabe on June 02, 2008, 01:57:16 PM
Badgebabe,
I did not think your response was intended for me and I have no clue where you got that idea. I was referring back to when Harley (our resident bardender) could not sit her butt at a table long enough for us to get a badge without her having a drink or be jumping up. I was teasing with her and Squid! They are both friends and Harley promised to set up another game so I could be in it because I missed the last one. I am always cutting up with Harley, Squid, Homer or someone in here. I don't even know you. I don't have any reason to back up, I was NOT talking to you, I was talking to Harley. Get all of your facts before you start accusing people. I don't like to argue but I sure will not just sit still while you accuse me of something I am not guilty of.
Sassy

harley89

Homer

~Sassy~

Quote from: harley89 on June 02, 2008, 03:03:38 PM
Sounds  like I need to open the bar.  :!!
Harley,
I want four...set em up, yeah I said four !  :!@ :!@ :!@ :!@ See the trouble you got me into.  :)) Saw the coolest Margarita mixer in the newspaper this weekend and I tried to talk my honey into buying it.  :)) I don't drink anymore but I hear peeps relapse and I am about ready.
I love you sugar,
Sassy  :-*

Homer

Quote from: SassyBear on June 02, 2008, 03:16:58 PM
Harley,
I want four...set em up, yeah I said four !  :!@ :!@ :!@ :!@ See the trouble you got me into.  :)) Saw the coolest Margarita mixer in the newspaper this weekend and I tried to talk my honey into buying it.  :)) I don't drink anymore but I hear peeps relapse and I am about ready.
I love you sugar,
Sassy  :-*

I saw one for around $300

All you really need is a $30 blender

~Sassy~

Quote from: Homer on June 02, 2008, 03:20:55 PM
I saw one for around $300

All you really need is a $30 blender
Hey Homer...
I could sure use a Margarita. I know how to make them from scratch, I use to make them all of the time, with my blender and I had a ice crusher, loads of salt around the edges. They are so GOOD. I am a pretty good bartender. My honey and I have talked about maybe having a mixed drink now and then. It is just the one in the paper look so neat...no counter space so I would probably have to move his Belgian waffle maker and that would never do.
Talk to you later...k.
Sassy

Homer

Quote from: SassyBear on June 02, 2008, 03:32:46 PM
Hey Homer...
I could sure use a Margarita. I know how to make them from scratch, I use to make them all of the time, with my blender and I had a ice crusher, loads of salt around the edges. They are so GOOD. I am a pretty good bartender. My honey and I have talked about maybe having a mixed drink now and then. It is just the one in the paper look so neat...no counter space so I would probably have to move his Belgian waffle maker and that would never do.
Talk to you later...k.
Sassy

Go to www.qvc.com and search for margarita. It's $250

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview