PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 10:41:40 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

New "Offensive" Starbucks Logo

Started by Monkey,

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkey

LMFAO..This group wants attention. Our poor children are being corrupted by a coffee chain logo.  :)) :))

----

The new logo (left) being used in some Starbucks outlets has caused offence

US coffee chain Starbucks has come under fire for a new logo that critics say is offensive and overly graphic.

The Resistance, a US-based Christian group, has called for a national boycott of the coffee-selling giant.

It says the chain's new logo has a naked woman on it with her legs "spread like a **********... The company might as well call themselves Slutbucks".

Starbucks says the image - based on a 16th century Norse design of a mermaid with two-tails - is not inappropriate.

Rather, the image is a more conservative version of the original Starbucks design, which hung above the chain's first store when it opened in Seattle's Pike Place Market in 1971.

'Rubenesque'

It says the raunchy image - the longstanding logo for Pike Place bags of coffee - is appearing on some of its cups as part of a promotion, and will remain "for several weeks".

Howard Schultz, who bought Starbucks in 1982, described the emblem in his memoirs as "bare-breasted and Rubenesque; [it] was supposed to be as seductive as coffee itself".

Although its share price has plunged in recent years, Starbucks has 16,000 coffee shops in 44 countries worldwide, employing more than 170,000 staff.

The chain has just opened its first outlet in Argentina.

Based in San Diego, the Resistance claims to have more than 3,000 members across the US and has gained a reputation for espousing diverse conspiracy theories.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7427105.stm

fwankwinsmom

Geez. People have more things to worry about, like filling up their tanks with gas. I don't buy Starbucks usually, anyway. Charge way too much for what I can get 2 bucks cheaper.

Tara

Good grief...

The picture in Homer's siggy gives me nightmares, where do I complain?  :))

SpunkyGirl

That is unbelievable.  People worry about such small thing, but the important things.....................like gas, nobody's really complaining.  ( *_ ^ )

MsMissy

I myself dont see anything wrong with the new logo, but i think the green 1 is much better looking & prettier.  :!@

xgingerx

ppl this day and age have some major hang ups...the world has gone to hell..

bring back the good old days... when coke was a coke, crack when you was crackin jokes... :!!

EASYRIDER10174

Stinkerbell

I think the new one looks like a mermaid tearing herself in half.  Maybe there's some hidden or subliminal message there.

~Sassy~

Quote from: Stinkerbell on June 10, 2008, 12:04:41 PM
I think the new one looks like a mermaid tearing herself in half.  Maybe there's some hidden or subliminal message there.
:))) I agree with you Stinker, it does look like a mermaid trying to tear herself in half.  :)))
I'll bet she didn't get her Golf Solitaire Flawless Victory badge and it is evidently now causing deep psycological problems.  :))

Stinkerbell

Quote from: SassyBear on June 10, 2008, 12:23:43 PM
:))) I agree with you Stinker, it does look like a mermaid trying to tear herself in half.  :)))
I'll bet she didn't get her Golf Solitaire Flawless Victory badge and it is evidently now causing deep psycological problems.  :))

I'm glad you with me.  I thought maybe it was just me missing something or reading too much into it.  Sheesh.   :)))
Maybe it's some secret society thing.   :))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview