Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Computer Question

Started by FreecellFanny,

Previous topic - Next topic

FreecellFanny

I just got a new laptop (brand new Dell with XP!) and I'm transferring all my crap over.

I found a great new wallpaper but it has a pale background and it is difficult to see the icon names on my desktop. What I want to do is change that text colour to a darker shade (black, blue, et al).

Does anyone here know how to do that or at least tell me if it is even possible?

Thanks!  :/\

Homer

I do not know of any way to change it manually. There does appear to be some software packages that will do this. Windows chooses the text color by default and does not appear to let you change the color manually.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Stinkerbell

Congratulations on that!  I got a notification/advertisement that Dell was now selling computers with the XP option again.  What does that tell you about Vista?  A year ago when I bought this one, Vista was the ONLY way they would sell it.

I'm curious, what did they say about support for the XP?  I read that MS was no longer going to be supporting XP and Dell told me the same thing, saying that is why I wasn't able to get a computer with XP.

FreecellFanny

I didn't ask anything about support - I was in shock at finding a new laptop with a system I wanted.

We got it at Walmart and the odd thing is that the shelf tag description said that it had Vista; only when we were directed to look at the sticker on the keyboard did we see that it was XP.

And for some weird and wonderful reason I cannot find the Volume Control program - says it isn't installed and when I put the disc in the drive with all the components on it I get the message that it can't find the drive. When I play my music it sounds tinny.

However, my main objective is to get my 150 page reset so I can resume the status quo with Pogo.  tumbsup.gif

agedog

i would image it would b the same as any other comp just check ur sesktop settings should b somthing in thier

Monkey

FreecellFanny

I was thinking that too Monkey.

And it ain't even spelt right.  :)))

(I know, shut up Fanny)  :-[

Tara

Monkey

FreecellFanny

~Sassy~

I luv ya'll. Youse is nuthin but a bunch of weirdos...I feel right nere comfy wif ya'll.  :-[ Butt wut da hail r ewe all tawkin bout?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview