Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Magnets and Computers

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

I have 3 computers that are trashed and there is not anything worth salvaging on  or in them.  will a magnet destroy the hard drives so data cannot possibly be recovered by any one

~Sassy~

I don't know about a magnet Harley, but there is a "free" software program that will do it. It is called Active@ Kill Disk Hard Drive Eraser. Just type that into your search engine.

It isn't a file-by-file erasure tool; use it only when you want an entire disk gone forever. There are several stages of "Are you sure?" to go through, once the program has done its job, there is no turning back. I am not sure if this will do it but the magnet thing sounds complicated.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

harley89

I will look that up Sassy thanks.  If not I will use Homers Hammer.   Thanks. I and trashing all 3 systems  I got a used laptop on Ebay for 75.00 that will do nicely as my extra.

~Sassy~

You're welcome Harley. I like the word "free" if they really mean it.
But I sure like Homer's answer too.  :)) 
When I had the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) recently. I had wonderful visions of laying my new computer on the street and running over it with one of those machines they use to flatten the highways before paving.  >:D

harley89

:)) :)) :)) :)) Love it Sassy I think we have all felt like that

casahilo

Harley.
I used to work in the recording industry. We used magnets to erase data all the time. However they were large industrial electro magnets. You plugged them in.
If you use a small magnet from home you can corrupt data, but you might leave something important behind.
The hammer idea is cheaper and just as effective.
So what do you have on there anyway..pics from the nude beach???

vacation58.gif

harley89

Yes my pics and some other sensitive data.  Had a magnet setting on it for 3 days gonna take the hammer to saturday. Yall come to my house and we will have a computer bashing. Beer is on the house  beer will be in washtubs filled with ice

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview