PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 07:21:29 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Reporting Levels

Started by PearlsZeeba,

Previous topic - Next topic

~Sassy~

Quote from: Homer on June 16, 2008, 10:56:28 AM

Ahh Chief, I gotta have this one....my smileys grow in number. 

roadwarrior

Quote from: mr.clean on June 16, 2008, 08:42:52 AM
If you don'nt use the auto's why are you in the Land of the Cheaters?

yes....why are you walking the path of the darkside if you don't use autos/cheats?
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

harley89

Quote from: SassyBear on June 16, 2008, 10:56:39 AM
:!@ Wahooo Harley, set 'em up. I thought you would never open the bar! Put a seat belt on my stool I will be here awhile.  :)) :))  :))
Your seatbelt awaits

Tara

Actually, you don't have to use cheats to come to this forum. There are people who come here that don't. But don't come here if your gonna snitch on people for stupid reasons. With that being said, I'm changing my name.  <:>

bobby

Quote from: roadwarrior on June 16, 2008, 11:20:46 AM

yes....why are you walking the path of the darkside if you don't use autos/cheats?
we're the darkside?? :!$

roadwarrior

Quote from: bobby on June 16, 2008, 12:33:47 PM
we're the darkside?? :!$

yep, and we have cookies! And beer...and good  :{ and wonderful food
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

rhino

I ran out of deodorant 4 days ago,does that make me OFFENSIVE!!!

draagnfli

I am gonna try and be nice on this one but the problem is that in some place and someway everything is offensive thats the problem with prayers in school now cause one person found it offensive I see names all the time and sometimes i laugh out loud and sometimes I just move the cursor so that i dont see that name cause thats what we all need to do but complain cause someone has a offensive name to u does make u seem a bit like all the kids out there that come in room and are like a/s/l hmmm that tells me that schools officially out I even tell my daughter that its peep like this that kids that want to prayer in school cant and y after centuries of having certain sayings like in the pledge that our government has to change what our forefathers believed in

FreecellFanny

Quote from: PogoKaz on June 16, 2008, 09:00:45 AMDifferent words have different meanings all over the world

Gosh, you aren't kidding.   >>:D

Being from England I know that better than many; I once got detention at school for saying I was going to go and "burn a f.ag", meaning I was going to go and have a cigarette.   ::)

Over here though, it can mean much worse and it was taken the wrong way.  :"

popcorns

Pogo don't pay me to police their site.  They have employees who should do that.  Just wish people would mind their own business.

Sean South

I use rooms on POGO very often and sometimes my granddaughter (aged 12)
asks to play, of course I can CLOSE the CHAT or restrict it to protect her but NAMES do not have the same protection, one or two are certainly open to comment, yes its easy to just fold your tent and leave , we all dont act in the same manner so why is this person (PEARL) castigated so, when all it required for someone who knew the answer she sought was to give it, and hopefully that would be the end of the matter.   I personally would have dealt with her distaste at a questionable name differently but that was NOT her question.

shoes

Her question needed to go to Pogo not here.  How would we know what levels Pogo uses for crybabies!!   girls18.gif   :'((
I was offended by he/she name that was used here too--ba ba go away!

Tara

Quote from: Sean South on June 16, 2008, 02:16:24 PM
asks to play, of course I can CLOSE the CHAT or restrict it to protect her but NAMES do not have the same protection, one or two are certainly open to comment, yes its easy to just fold your tent and leave , we all dont act in the same manner so why is this person (PEARL) castigated so, when all it required for someone who knew the answer she sought was to give it, and hopefully that would be the end of the matter.   I personally would have dealt with her distaste at a questionable name differently but that was NOT her question.

Don't you have to be 13 to play on Pogo?  :-\

~Sassy~

Quote from: FreecellFanny on June 16, 2008, 01:43:39 PM

Being from England I know that better than many; I once got detention at school for saying I was going to go and "burn a f.ag", meaning I was going to go and have a cigarette.   ::)

:)) Freecell that is so funny! Yeah I'll bet you got detention alright.  police.gif I know what the term means in England...but some others I haven't known about. I have an English friend and I said something in Pogo chat I thought meant something totally different. (Can't repeat it here) She took me into private chat to tell me what it really meant and I was in hysterics for about an hour. I did learn a "new" English term...I just don't use it anymore. I am still laughing, you brought back a pleasant memory.  :))

~Sassy~

Quote from: rhino on June 16, 2008, 01:16:02 PM
I ran out of deodorant 4 days ago,does that make me OFFENSIVE!!!
No Rhino, with your name that means you are "ripe", but lonely!  :)))

PogoKaz

Quote from: FreecellFanny on June 16, 2008, 01:43:39 PM

:)) :)) :))
snap freecell, I'm from the UK, and my eyes fair pop out of my head when I read some of the  language used.  Some is swearing in the UK some just a double entrendre. 

I remember one conversation, by a group from the USA, I was watching about weiners (never heard of them before), round here its slang for a male body part.  Suffice to say the discussion on how they liked to eat them, suck the middles out, lick the sauce off had me falling off my chair in laughter.  I had to leave the room in the end, I just could not concentrate on the game.  >:D

So needless to say some of the words people from the UK(or anywhere else in the worl) come out with could be rude or offensive elsewhere.

Tracey

wow im back and just read all the posts lol .. well im glad everyone thinks like me on here  tumbsup.gif i wasnt sure if i was out of line being so truthful about how i felt on reporting about a offensive user name on pogo .. but as i read her or his replies i see she contradict herself or himself by saying she didnt get help but got attacked .. goes to show u that she didnt read my post when i answered her question first b4 mouthing off at her/him..  :oo

~Sassy~

Tracey,
You did just great. You did answer her question. Tara answered her question too! Then she got defensive because you were curious why she would report somone. I don't know how she or anyone can expect to come on a forum for "cheaters" and say she/they reported someone and for all of us to not get just a little bit nervous  :-\ and not be yelling..."Way to go". We all try to help people when we can with hints on games, Homer with Tech advice, people on here helping others to get badges they don't have time to get or know how, and then to further insult us by saying...they never use an auto when this site is partly funded by us "cheaters". Kind of sticks in your throat when they get a holier than thou attitude on top of it. Homer and Mayhem give a lot more latitude than I would to some people on here. They need to appreciate what is offered here and NOT criticize us for being a little paranoid about narcs! She needs to put her big girl panties on and deal with it. This is 2008 and the internet. Enough said...I will pick up my podium and be on my way. Have a good one Tracey.
Sassy

Tracey

i agree with u 100% thats is why i got angry ( which i shouldnt off because its the internet) when the cheek of someone reporting a persons offensive id to pogo ..god have they not got better things to do than mouth on people? god there is other things going on in real life than reporting people on a game site sheesh .. yes u could see into it if the person was being abusive etc but anyway thanks guys for thinking like me on this one  tumbsup.gif and  :)) >> I will pick up my podium and be on my way. Have a good one Tracey. <<< LOL to  f funny

harley89

Quote from: Sean South on June 16, 2008, 02:16:24 PM
I have a great love for children of all ages. You got more to worry about on pogo than offensive names. Pogo is just crawling with rooms trolls that are looking for any female turning off chat does nothing to stop private chat request.  And there is some really offensive stuff in the profiles.  Pogo allowed the name. So Pogo takes responsibility for the name being allowed. But what is offensive to you may not be offensive to any one else. Phrases have different meanings in different countries. Simply holding a belief that something is offenisve to you does not make you right. Our point was she subjected what most probably is a totally nice person the the H*LL of Pogo trying to solve a preceived problem that 1 person had.