PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 07:10:03 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Reporting Levels

Started by PearlsZeeba,

Previous topic - Next topic

fwankwinsmom

I happen to agree with everyone here. Being reported myself once and suspended for 3 days was not fun.  :'((  There was a minor (supposedly only 10 yrs old) in a 40s room with men hitting on her. I did leave the room, but not without a few choice words first, which did include the "f" word. I was new to Pogo and didn't even know about reporting. Oh well. A lesson learned.  :ll

But I was madder than hell!!!  >:D

Runner

Hey PearlsZeeba

I commend you for sticking to your beliefs (your mother never breast fed you did she?).

I truly believe that in your particularly small IQ brain that some name can offend you (I think you forgot to take your Prozac today).

I really do enjoy people like you though, as you are easily manipulated and have no self confidence or control over your vast array of bi-polar feelings.

Can some text on a screen hurt you? (You never had any toys when you were a kid did you?).

I personally think that you have such a miserable life that you are trying to make others as miserable as you are. 

Did you really expect to come to a site like this and think everybody would rally around you and give you high 5's for doing something so stupid?

I bet in retrospect you really feel what you did was dumb.

There is a way you can redeem yourself a little bit and save some morality for yourself.  You should pogo mail that ID and apologize like crazy.  Maybe that person will not forgive you but maybe it will make you a better person.

After analyzing your posts I think the name did not offend you at all, I bet that person either was winning a lot in the game, or gave you a good whipping or had more badges than you , or maybe even have tons more tokens than you.

Furthermore, I very much doubt you don't use autos; you were just justifying your immoral response with justification that you are a better person because you don't use autos.  BS.

Just a little advice, you don't like your misery, why pass it on?

Peace

tokiehog

an offensive name....good grief...if she/he got nuttin else to do i wonder if they want to get my golf flawless badge for me b4 it drives me nuts...it was just a thought... canadian2.gif

DitzyChick

Quote from: Squid on June 16, 2008, 09:27:04 AM

Have a great day, everyone.  And whatever you do, don't use BATS-HIT-BASEBALLS as a username because the word S * I T is in there somewhere.  If you look again, you might find B A T S * I T, too.   *GASP*

Edited to get around the censors.... ROFL

Ummmmm Squid said B*LLS  I'm tellin   :!#

Stinkerbell

Don't ya just love that warm, fuzzy feeling that envelopes the forum when we all come together for a common cause, indeed, for the greater good?  Group Hug!   (OO) (OO) (OO)

harley89

Quote from: Stinkerbell on June 16, 2008, 08:42:42 PM
Don't ya just love that warm, fuzzy feeling that envelopes the forum when we all come together for a common cause, indeed, for the greater good?  Group Hug!   (OO) (OO) (OO)
Been quite spell since somebody riled us up. we should be good for a while Guess I better close Harleys bar. 

EASYRIDER10174

And who said Mondays were boring  pillowfight.gif

denadatoday

People who report other players and appoint themselves as some sort of pseudo-Pogo Police really irritate me.  You need to judge someone you don't know and make their life difficult, probably getting their account and badges yanked over a  username?  Seriously?  Cut the condescending crap about helping Pogo enforce their TOS.  You're not that important, and it's not your job.  It took you longer to file an abuse report than it would have taken to just click the X, leave the room and move on! 

And as for it being a "family" site, some families use salty language, whatever it was.  And I bet it wasn't even that bad or offensive in the first place.  It could have been a cultural or language thing.  You must be a very petty, unhappy person.  The only "childish attack" committed here was by you, when you reported someone who did nothing to you personally.  (oh and despite your goodbye cruel forum message, I know you're here reading these responses :P )

aussie_wombat

HI!!!
I have read the feedback on this particular subject and feel I need to say something. Don't get me wrong everyone is entitled to their own opinions.  I have come across several players who have names that are offensive to me. I have not reported them but have told them politely that their name is offensive to me but that doesn't mean I find them offensive. In fact all except one (there have been about 6 offensive names) were very nice and helpful etc in the games we were in. Most of the offensive name owners were not aware that something in their country could be offensive to some one in another country. But as it has been said several times, if pogo not like it they not allow it to start with.

The one who wasn't very nice was verbally abusive and threatening. I put them on mute and kept on playing.  I did find out later that several people in the room reported that person and he was suspended.  Seems he had been attacking anyone who so much as spoke to him.

harley89

vasunlover

MsMissy

After reading all this XXXX i think you beter open the bar up again. I need a drink .   :!!

disneyland lady

>:D Playing devils advocate here. Would you report a SN that had something about having sex with someone under the age of consent? I saw someone with the Pogo ID that said something about screwing a child. I do not want to put the ID here because someone would think it was an endearing saying in some language. While we might not be offended by what anyone sees in someones SN, I do know that baggage carried into a room sometimes dictates how they react to it. I am always surprised at some of the very creative names people have come up with. But there are those that offend so I am hoping that Pogo Hall Monitors are dealing with the extremes and not something that otherwise would be small pototoes. Also still shocked that they made a friend who has the last name GAY change their screen name because it "might be taken the wrong way". Hmmm......what is the wrong way?

Disneyland lady insane diego

harley89

Disney the issue is Pogo. They run what appears to be a nice family site. But it is not monitored by them.  Screen names are the first thing they should check. The sn you mentioned  should have been stopped before it even used. Pogo is not the safe friendly site it appears. Pogo refuses to police it themselves. Relying instead on users to report . And most times it is whackos reporting anything that even slightly ticks them off. If I saw the name and it suggested what you say it does honestly I would have turned them in. But I care very much for the well being of children and take no chances where they are concerned.  Profiles are another issue, Pogo doesnt not pay any attention to them and some of them are way out of line. To me the bottom line is Pogo owns the site Pogo collects the revenues from the site and Pogo bears the responsibleity for what appears on the site.  They can either age restrict  it and let it be wide open Or they can enforce the TOS they so proudly cite everytime it suits their purposes. When you have a open age site the owners assumes the policing of the site.  This forum is not age restricted we have many members that are underage Homer takes care of the content.  Pogo bears the same responsibility and has more people than Homer has.

~Sassy~

:/// Do I still have time for one more, Harley.  :!@ I thought everyone went on Pogo to play! Geesh was I wrong.  :))
Everyone has a right to their opinion but it is not anyone's job who really wants to play to be checking all of the names to see if they are "politically correct". Nor to take it a step further and to tell the person you are offended by their screenname. That sounds like someone spoiling for a fight. Does anyone know that if you truly want to play on Pogo they have several options, you can close the chat window, you can go to another room or you can sign out. I don't chat except with people I have known for a very long time. It is certainly NOT our problem here if someone wants to work for Pogo and help with their TOS but please send your job requests to the right place. I looked on the internet and Pogo is hiring. The lady did ask a question, but her smart and hateful reply caused all of the problems and discussion. Well, I gotta run, Toastmasters just called and they want me to give a speech.  :))

Nonnie

Just when you think everything is under control Someone just gets us all waded up and we know how that feels.  I Love this Forum!  We are really nice people we just don't like our feathers ruffed or waded up!  We are definitely not quite when it comes to our OPINIONS and that is what they are.  Except the comment about Homer (LOL) that could be true.  Have not been here long enough to know.  I do Love you Homer honest!

FreecellFanny

Quote from: SassyBear on June 16, 2008, 03:35:47 PM
:)) Freecell that is so funny! Yeah I'll bet you got detention alright.  police.gif I know what the term means in England...but some others I haven't known about. I have an English friend and I said something in Pogo chat I thought meant something totally different. (Can't repeat it here) She took me into private chat to tell me what it really meant and I was in hysterics for about an hour. I did learn a "new" English term...I just don't use it anymore. I am still laughing, you brought back a pleasant memory.  :))

I still say things at work that make my co-workers swivel their heads that are completely innocuous to us Brits:

"Knock me up in the morning!" is always good for a laugh but "Bugger me" gets 'em every time!  :)))

Quote from: PogoKaz on June 16, 2008, 04:35:55 PM
I remember one conversation, by a group from the USA, I was watching about weiners (never heard of them before), round here its slang for a male body part.  Suffice to say the discussion on how they liked to eat them, suck the middles out, lick the sauce off had me falling off my chair in laughter.  I had to leave the room in the end, I just could not concentrate on the game.  >:D

Heh...I still snicker whenever I hear or meet a man called John Thomas.  :))

Ahhh, all this talk of home is making me crave Bubble and Squeak.  !@!

Biggen

Quote from: FreecellFanny on June 17, 2008, 02:30:50 PM
I still say things at work that make my co-workers swivel their heads that are completely innocuous to us Brits:

"Knock me up in the morning!" is always good for a laugh but "Bugger me" gets 'em every time!  :)))

having lived in jolly old England for two years..........I still chuckle at your name FANNY.......LOLOL.........maybe I should be offended ++

PogoKaz

Quote from: Squid on June 17, 2008, 03:48:16 PM
At the risk of sounding unintelligent.... or, at the very least, uninformed.... what's so snickery about John Thomas?  Me no gets.

I might work up a snicker or two for Woodrow Johnson..... but John Thomas?

Its a slang word

http://english2american.com/dictionary/cat_thebody.html

bbq26.gif

Tara

Ugh..this topic has been beat to death.  Next.  :)))