This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Euchre - Yuck

Started by fwankwinsmom,

Previous topic - Next topic

fwankwinsmom

I don't know why I just can't grasp this game!! This and Cribbage are two games I hate with a passion. Even with the auto I'm losing big time in Euchre. Any suggestions? Any special options I should choose? No biggy if I don't get the badge. But it would be nice.  :!@

Chris

Homer

I got mine by playing the last card. I happened to join a table in progress and my partner had 9 points and we only needed to play our last cards.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Stinkerbell

Mine lost way more than it won, but I was still grateful that I didn't have to play by hand!   Kinda like "when I was a kid we ate sawdust for breakfast and I was thankful!"   :))

fwankwinsmom

Quote from: Stinkerbell on June 26, 2008, 04:47:55 PM
Mine lost way more than it won, but I was still grateful that I didn't have to play by hand!   Kinda like "when I was a kid we ate sawdust for breakfast and I was thankful!"   :))

Nice to know I wasn't the only one eating sawdust for breakfast!!   :))  How about boiling water for a bath?  Gee, I don't really think I wanna go back there.  6_6.gif

Gonna try Homer's suggestion for Euchre. I used to have a friend who is a whiz at this game. Note the words "USED TO".   :)) No offense guys, but some men are just idiots. None in this forum, of course!!   :P

Janadra

I got the badge by double browsing.  My dummy account I just constantly bid "alone,"  and threw off cards.  Only took one game that way.

fwankwinsmom

Quote from: Janadra on June 26, 2008, 04:59:54 PM
I got the badge by double browsing.  My dummy account I just constantly bid "alone,"  and threw off cards.  Only took one game that way.

I know I'll sound stupid... but for double browsing, how exactly do you go about it? I do have another account on Pogo I think that I created a long time ago for the free 5,000 tokens.   :))  I know I've seen it elsewhere in the forum, but it will take me an hour to find it, I'm sure, and I have to play my nightly Texas Hold 'Em before bed!!   :/o\

jeffy

harley89

Stinkerbell

Quote from: fwankwinsmom on June 26, 2008, 05:12:02 PM
I know I'll sound stupid... but for double browsing, how exactly do you go about it? I do have another account on Pogo I think that I created a long time ago for the free 5,000 tokens.   :))  I know I've seen it elsewhere in the forum, but it will take me an hour to find it, I'm sure, and I have to play my nightly Texas Hold 'Em before bed!!   :/o\

You need 2 Pogo accounts and 2 kinds of browsers, like IE and Firefox or SeaMonkey.  Log into Pogo with 1 account on IE and then open the other browser and log into Pogo with another account.  Get a room with 1st name, find that name on your friends list on the 2nd name and play to your hearts content!

EeyoreCouldBMyTwin

Wow I must have gotten lucky, then...I won the badge my first game with the auto. Sorry y'all are having problems.

denadatoday

Quote from: Janadra on June 26, 2008, 04:59:54 PM

I did the same thing.  It took me the longest time to get the hang of Euchre but when it finally clicked it's not that bad at all.   

Anyone having trouble just do what Janadra did.  Double browse and sit your 2nd account next to you, not across from you because you don't want to partner your 2nd.  For your account, do not bid, defend or order up alone.  For your 2nd account, always choose to play alone so that the bot partner won't help your losing acct win.  Then just make sure you take a dive getting rid of high cards and playing lower ones just like if you were double browsing in Hearts or Spades.   I did this for both my accounts and had both badges in less than 10 minutes total.

shoes

I got mine by playing the last card. I happened to join a table in progress and my partner had 9 points and we only needed to play our last cards.

I did the same thing--just jump on a table, if the other team is ahead then change seats.  I have done this on Hearts too.

Homer

Quote from: shoes on June 27, 2008, 04:54:55 AM
I did the same thing--just jump on a table, if the other team is ahead then change seats.  I have done this on Hearts too.

Your in trouble now buster. I know someone's moral compass will go off when they read this.

I'm with you. Get in, get out, case closed.  :/\

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

harley89

I think I lost my moral compass  where can I get a new one

~Sassy~

It took me 7 minutes to get my badge in Euchre. I enjoy playing it and learned how to play it before Pogo ... on my computer games. It is really easy to play, once you understand the basics. Good luck to those trying to get their badge.

fwankwinsmom

If you belong to ANY forum, there is no moral compass. Remember that!!! lol

I've given up on the Euchre badge. I am having trouble double browsing, and the auto stinks (no offense to anyone, really). There are others I have gone without. It's not the end of the world.

Just an observation I made while playing poker recently. They all think they're in Vegas or something. Take it VERY seriously. I get a kick out of it.

Have a good weekend everyone.  :!!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: fwankwinsmom on June 27, 2008, 08:27:52 PM
If you belong to ANY forum, there is no moral compass. Remember that!!! lol

I've given up on the Euchre badge. I am having trouble double browsing, and the auto stinks (no offense to anyone, really). There are others I have gone without. It's not the end of the world.

The other day mine ran almost 3 hours with not a single win!  It's a tough game (for me anyway) but I agree, certainly not the best auto but absolutely better than playing by hand.

Mary

i got 5 with the auto works great even got the m&m badge you had to win 12  :^*

arniebear

I ran my auto for two hours and not one win  :'(( This is gonna take me forever to win

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview