Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Stinkerbelle

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

Dont know where you are in CA just want to know if all is well.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: harley89 on July 29, 2008, 03:08:45 PM
Dont know where you are in CA just want to know if all is well.

Thanks for thinking of me!  (OO)  It was quite an adventure, I'll tell ya!  I had just put in my new keyboard, reclined the chair and was relaxing with a lovely game of TriPeaks and a decaf iced tea when the chair started moving.  At first I thought it was Juliette (my female Bichon) who goes under the chair and goes to sleep, but when the house creaked and the lights started swinging I knew it wasn't her.   :))  I kept thinking the epicenter must be under my feet because it was pretty strong and when I heard it was about 25 miles (as the crow flies) away in Chino Hills, I got worried for the people right in the middle of it.  Nearby to Chino Hills, Pomona is an old town with lots of very old buildings and some of those beautiful old churches have been severely damaged.  My husband works about 10 miles from Chino Hills and they evacuated his building because they have hydrogen tanks just outside.  He was on his lunch break and was out in the parking lot and said that he watched the building go up and down, over and over.  Truthfully, it felt like being on the cruise ship because it was such a rolling motion rather than the sharp jolts we sometimes get. 

As a side note, my 2 year old grandson got clobbered in the head with a toy car by a crazed toddler last night and was taken to ER with a concussion.  They then transferred him by ambulance to Loma Linda Medical Center which has one of the countries most outstanding trauma units, for observation because he wasn't snapping out of it.  Anyway, he was released at 4AM this morning no worse for wear, and mommy, daddy and g-son went to stay with the inlaws who might be 5 miles away from Chino Hills, if that far.  Because they had spent all night at the hospital, they were still sound asleep when the quake hit. My daughter woke up, dazed and grabbed the baby out of the crib, grabbed the 2 year old and was trying to get the 5 year old to get up and he kept saying "For Pete's sake, mom, I'm trying to sleep... just leave me sleep."   :)) :)) My son-in-law said when he woke up to her shouting, he saw that my daughter had the 2 year old under one arm, the 5 year old under the other arm, and had the baby wedged somehow in between and they were all standing under a door way.   :))   When they were telling the story it was hysterical... maybe ya had to be there?   :)))

But yes, thankfully we are all fine here and my son's Wii Party tonight will go on!

Thanks again for caring... you're a sweetheart!

Signed,

Shakin' and Bakin' in Sunny California! 

~Sassy~

Glad to hear you are all ok, Stinky.  :-*

I am beginning to have second thoughts about my vacation plans.  :-\ First you guys had the wild fires...then the fire at Universal Studios where we plan to go!  :-\ And now you got earthquakes? Sunny California is not so funny to think about where to spend a relaxing vacation.  vacation8.gif 

I am not worried Stinky, I am originally from California and withstood all of the earthquakes while I was there, it is sometimes scary when it is going on though. I went through the one that was 7.1...so I am still headed your way. The story about your family is really funny.  :)) :)) :))

Yeah, I know I have a warped sense of humor. During the 7.1, our apartment was rocking and rolling and I covered my son with my body and he kept yelling, "Mom get off of me, you're smothering me!" Ungrateful little twerp!  >:D

Really glad you are ok. Take care. I'll wave as we drive or roll by.  :)))

harley89

I can sleep knowing all is well i was prepared to send any supplies you needed or offer you lodgings in the bat cave. My basement is completely underground so I call it the bat cave. Glad everyone is okay You are becoming a regular at hospitals like me. 

bams68

Glad to hear all is kewl

Ur Deer Friend
bams

Stinkerbell

Thank you all for your well wishes and good thoughts our way.  I'm not at all bothered by earthquakes, except for the property damage and injury to animals and people.  I'd be totally ok if Disneyland had an earthquake ride.   :)))

Harley, the kids badgered me into watching Batman Begins today... if your bat cave is anything like his, I'll be there.   :)))

harley89

Bruce Wayne Has a tad more money than me so it  is not as nice

Stinkerbell

Quote from: harley89 on July 30, 2008, 04:28:29 AM
Bruce Wayne Has a tad more money than me so it  is not as nice

That's ok... we're women, we can fix it up or take it as it is and it makes no matter to me!   (OO)

Stinkerbell

Quote from: SassyBear on July 29, 2008, 04:55:40 PM
Really glad you are ok. Take care. I'll wave as we drive or roll by.  :)))

When are you coming out this way and how long will you be here, MsSassers?  The weather is getting cooler but it's been humid which is not something I deal with well.  Are you going to check out CityWalk as well?  We used to go there all the time and have lunch at Hard Rock Cafe.  I collect their city pins and pilsners.  We've also gone to a couple concerts there.  I've seen STYX, Pat Benetar, Air Supply, Rick Springfield and recently my daughter was there to see Chicago and Doobie Brothers.  You can purchse tickets the day of the concert if they have any available.  There's so much fun to do in the area... you'll never be bored.  Have a blast and give a honk as you drive by... that way I won't miss the wave!    (OO)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview