Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

$10,000 Polo Shirt Repels Automatic Weapon Fire

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

We watched something on like the Discovery Channel where they have come up with a compound that is just amazing.  I wish I could remember what the show was.  Anyway, they take these tiny beads of something and mix it with this liquid.  Initially, it's just a bunch of beads in this liquid and they move around in the liquid like you would expect but the instant any force or pressure or energy is applied, the beads bond together and cannot be penetrated.  It's amazing stuff.  The host of the show had a small bottle of the stuff and was able to slowly put a toothpick into the bottle, but when he tried to pull it out quickly, it wouldn't come out of the compound.  They dropped a heavy (hundreds of pounds) spear type thing from 8 ft. on a wearable sample and it totally bent the thing....not the sample.   I wish I could remember the technical names for things, but I'm not that bright... but it was amazing.   

I'm wondering if the items in this video are made from the same type pf compound.

harley89

That guy was very brave or really stupid. I just dont think I could let anybody shoot me and trust they made the product right.  I once saw a motorcycle safety device that was pants and jacket with tethers that you hooked up on your motorcycle and if you came off the bike without unhooking them you blew up like the Michlein tire man. I would prabably come to a stop and forget to unhook and blow up becoming a Michlein  tire woman

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview