Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Google plans to launch web browser

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Google Inc plans to launch a web browser called Google Chrome in a challenge to Microsoft Corp's Internet Explorer, the Wall Street Journal reported on its website on Monday.

The browser launch is likely to be announced soon, the paper said, citing unnamed sources.

Google Chrome is designed to make it easier and faster to browse the Web, by offering enhanced address-bar features and other elements that are very different from those on other browsers. The product will be open-sourced, meaning others can modify the code, according to the report.

Google has been working on the product for about two years, but work became more serious when Microsoft launched Internet Explorer 7, the Journal said.

::)
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Tara

Mayhem

I just heard that they will be launching the beta version of Google Chrome tomorrow.

arniebear

QuoteChrome, said Google's vice president of product management, Sundar Pichai, is based on the same WebKit engine that powers Apple Inc.'s Safari, and like Microsoft Corp.'s new Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) Beta 2, sports a privacy mode that erases most evidence of browsing from the application when a session is shut down.

Pichai said that Google would post an announcement on its company blog when Chrome is ready to download.

Mayhem

Tara

I'm not going first!  :)))  Who's going to try it first?  :///

leitabug

i got it.. not much to look at..does load fast.. but won't play pogo.keeps saying it needs plugin..so you know it's out in my book..lol

arniebear

Well if it is based on the same as Safari, I am not gonna bother.  I tried that and had problems with some webpages, although Pogo would load..........no autos would work. 

Tara

I guess I'll try it now.  :-[

Holy crap it's faster than IE and FF.

Tara

Can anyone even get in a Pogo game?  It keeps saying I need a plug in, but I already have what you have to download (SunJava). It keeps saying it didn't install. Who knows..it's bedtime anyways.  :!!

Lady Golden Eagle

This is what it says on Google regarding this subject. Hope this helps.

'An additional plugin is required to display some elements on this page'  Read more and let us know
This message appears when you need a plugin but Google Chrome cannot tell what plugin is needed. We're working on making this a better experience

Hope this helps.

<:>  sg.gif

flowers

That is cool. I guess that is why microsoft is coming out with IE 8 beta now.

Tara

Quote from: Lady Golden Eagle on September 02, 2008, 09:20:16 PM
This is what it says on Google regarding this subject. Hope this helps.

'An additional plugin is required to display some elements on this page'  Read more and let us know
This message appears when you need a plugin but Google Chrome cannot tell what plugin is needed. We're working on making this a better experience

Hope this helps.

<:>  sg.gif

Thank you, that does help.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview