PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:18:17 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

What Do You Get....

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

.... when you cross drinking and driving?

My best friend's 21 year old son gave it a shot last week and he and his 18 year old passenger didn't make it.
If you think you're invincible, think again.  And if you don't care what happens to yourself, at least care about the people you would leave behind.

Thanks Homer and Mayhem, for allowing me to post these.

who me?

Wow Stinker,
So sorry to hear about your friends son and passenger, Please let them know prayers are with them.
Hopefully out of these pics someone will stop and think about what COULD happen to them or their loved ones and won't take that drink before they get behind the wheel.
Sends a very strong message.... I'm just sorry they didn't heed the warning before it was too late.....
May God Bless Their Souls.............

FreecellFanny

Jesus Stinky.  (OO)

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends.  :(

Stinkerbell

Thanks, so much for the thoughts and prayers.  Both families are doing as well as can be expected and are being supportive of one another.  That in itself is amazing to me.  Those photos are of his car.  His dad had taken many photos of the car and the accident scene. 
Life is fragile enough as it is, then to go out and do something so wreckless....

I was talking to his father the day of the funeral and I said something to the effect 'it's such a waste' and his dad said that there was a sketch book (his son was quite a talented artist) and as he was looking through it that morning, he saw pages and pages of finished sketches.  Then, there would be pages of partial sketches, and then just blank page after blank page.  He said that was how he felt about his son's life and the direction he was going.

My purpose in posting those photos was not to be morbid, but to hopefully make someone think twice before doing something so stupid.

Squid

Again, Stinkerbell, I am so sorry for your friends' losses.  It's an awful thing to lose a young life to such a thing.  You are ALL in my prayers.  xoxoxo

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on October 04, 2008, 11:02:36 AM
Again, Stinkerbell, I am so sorry for your friends' losses.  It's an awful thing to lose a young life to such a thing.  You are ALL in my prayers.  xoxoxo

Thanks, my inky friend.   (OO)

harley89

So sorry Stinker. I had to wait a day before posting about this. See my brother was a acholic( can never spell that word) and died at the age of 32.  I understand the families pain for I have lived with it for over 20 years.  Why I my have a drink myself  and am not bother when others do I can get real ticked off when I see people of any age drinking and driving.  When I drive whether it is 4 wheels or 2 no booze for me.  Sadly we lose far too many young people and it is as you said Stinker just a waste.  Every life has value and when it ends too soon we never know what might have been . But perhaps in their death they may just save someone else.  That last statement came from my brothers AA mentor. He died a few weeks out of rehab.  They brought all of the rehab patients to the funeral so they could see 1st hand how it can end.  So be there for your friends and listen very important to listen. For memories will be all they have 

jarjar

So sorry for both your loses Stinky and Harley. Truly a loss of precious lives.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: harley89 on October 04, 2008, 12:42:31 PM
So sorry Stinker. I had to wait a day before posting about this. See my brother was a acholic( can never spell that word) and died at the age of 32.  I understand the families pain for I have lived with it for over 20 years.  Why I my have a drink myself  and am not bother when others do I can get real ticked off when I see people of any age drinking and driving.  When I drive whether it is 4 wheels or 2 no booze for me.  Sadly we lose far too many young people and it is as you said Stinker just a waste.  Every life has value and when it ends too soon we never know what might have been . But perhaps in their death they may just save someone else.  That last statement came from my brothers AA mentor. He died a few weeks out of rehab.  They brought all of the rehab patients to the funeral so they could see 1st hand how it can end.  So be there for your friends and listen very important to listen. For memories will be all they have 

We've talked about some of these things, Harley, my sweet friend.  I think time helps dull the pain but it never ever will be the same.   (OO) (OO)
The night of the accident she phoned me and even though I had dozens of questions, I just let her talk figuring that she will say what she needs to say and that was more important than my questions.  She's doing amazingly well and I'll be seeing her Monday.

Stinkerbell

gator8_24

So sorry Stinker, hard to face and deal with. When I was in HS 3 guys were traveling on this hwy that had a sharp turn, there was no alcohol involved but speeding was. One dies the other 2 were severly injured.  The police with the approval of the parents put the wreckage at our school for a short time. There was even an open casket with the young man's head wrapped up in a huge gauze bandage, they wanted to send the point to all of us.  I can still see the open casket. Never leaves my memory, I don't think of it but like now it does return.

bams68

Well I lived an dealt with alcohol all my life. My mom is indeed a huge drinker an it is soooo frustrating to the family an my father. Who has put up with her for so long with all the cr*p.
I'm glad to be on my own an not having to deal with her emotional acts.

She never hardly ever talks to me or the family at that unless we call. But seems whenever she is off the wagon - she does call an jus calls to ask things - with her slurr'd words an annoying behaviour. Jus makes me sick to be honest.

She knows how we all feel, an the worst part is she isn't doing anything to help herself. She has had strokes since last summer an refuses to do anything. She will be lucky if she hits 60years old. Sad to say but I refuse to dream when it comes to my mother. As much as I luv her.....her drinking has indeed built it's own river between us.

My sister about 5 years ago had a huge car accident. She still at times needs a wheel chair but she's trying to finally fight back an gain her life back. I don't visit her much but I am sure she uses it around home jus to take the pain off.
The passenger however like your story didn't make it.
The accident was due to a suicide attempt by the driver of the other vehicle. He decided to pass a semi truck with no room to, an my sister tried to avoid him but he kept swerving to hit her instead. So rather then jus wrecking himself with the semi....I'm sure the truck driver wouldn't have felt a thing. He played it stupid an went after my sisters car.
My sister lost her husband about 2 years before this in a work related (herring fishing) incident. An there daughter was only 7 months old at the time. So she sure has had a hard life an bad luck in her life.

So yeah I think if you are gonna choose to drink an drive I think you should not only think about what you leave behind but also all the lives you injure in ur stupid decision.
This would also apply to all those who choose to text/cell phone while driving.

So much anger I have towards alcohol. I use to drink as a teen, but after having my son....I think all that was left behind.

Thank heavens for that LOL
sorry for my ramble....my sorries to the family hun. Such a shame
:"
Ur Deer Friend
bams

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview