PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 04:41:32 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Guest rooms are full

Started by sue1anne,

Previous topic - Next topic

sue1anne

I've suddenly started to get a message when I enter a game saying all Guest rooms are full and to please consider joining Pogo. I'm a paid member. My screen name is showing at the top of the screen with my correct token balance, etc... I'm having to log out and back in 3-4 times every few hours to play - not just using autos. When I log back in it works fine every time.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

:ooo

sue1anne

wimp

i haven't gotten that, but only a few times when i've clicked the "play now" button and my game screen pops up, it gives me a non club loading screen with the ads and all.  i never let it load, just x out of it, so i don't know what the result would be.  when i check my main page, everything is fine, and the first time it happened, i went to make sure my subscription was up to date.  once i log out and log back in once, everyhing is fine though.

Janadra

That happened to me a few times and I logged out and back in too and it stopped.

monopoly2525

jarjar

sue1anne

Thanks for the replies.

It seems to have stopped for now. Maybe just a Pogo temporary problem. Yes, I also got the rooms with ads a few times, but not often. The logging out and back in was driving me crazy!

!@#$

sue1anne

Jonathan

sue1anne

Grrr! It's doing it again. Never had this before, so this is very frustrating. I paid for a membership. I don't want sign-up ads!

>:D

sue1anne

SakuraDelia

I've been getting the a lot lately. I just log out and log back in and it fixes it.  tumbsup.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: sue1anne on October 22, 2008, 05:56:40 PM
Grrr! It's doing it again. Never had this before, so this is very frustrating. I paid for a membership. I don't want sign-up ads!

>:D

sue1anne

What happens to me from time to time is I go to play a game and click Play Now and it will send me to a free pogo room and I get the ads.  So I don't click that anymore, and I don't have the problem.  Is it that what you're doing?  Clicking Play Now and being sent to free rooms?

disneyland lady

This was in<b> Letters to the Editor</b> recently and might just answer the Guest Room issue:

<i>Editor: Tell your sister to go look for the free rooms now... they won't be there! But, she did see free rooms in that, and four other Club Pogo exclusive games, during a promotion we had that just ended.

One of the things we really want to do is to expose people who have not played on Club Pogo to some of the exclusive games we have, so that they'll see the great games Club Pogo provides. Thus, we did run a short promotion where we allowed free Pogo players to access some of the Club Pogo exclusive content. </i>

Disneyland lady insane diego

arniebear

Yes I got that too, hitting the play now button, so i.e. pogo sent the paying members to the free rooms and non-paying to the club :-\

Fitzkarin

Hi guys,

I got to actually speak with one of the EA Tech people on Saturday night about being booted to a "free room" when I'm a registered-paying member of Pogo.  She explained to me that they have applied some new ad matrices to the playing servers which - when clicked - send players to the websites of the ads.  (Get a free Nintendo Wii, etc.)  Additionally, there is a new push to allow "nonpaying" players some exposure to the exclusive members only games.

She told me that in doing this, there were some "Glitches," that were not expected.  The Tech Team is aware of the issues and they are looking at ways to resolve the issues.

In the mean time, I was told to simply close the window when it pops up, and then simply click on a new room or the same room you were in.  This should put you back into the Members Only section - as it will read your login profile like normal.  According to her, the glitch that drops you into a "nonmember" state will not effect your tokens or any attempt to gain badges.

Hope this helps or gives some insight to what's going on.

arniebear

Thanks for the info, I have been having problems with guest rooms are all full today, just emailed and complained.  It is nice they want to accommodate non-paying members but I wish they would fix some of the problems for the paying ones  :((

sue1anne

Thanks everyone! I believe that is what is happening. I did see ads and some non-Pogo members in the rooms when this happened. I'll just pick a room if it happens too often. Thanks again!

sue1anne

:!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview