PlayBuddy
July 13, 2024, 01:15:42 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Tri-Peaks Solitaire HD : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 80 disco balls or disco ball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Where has Sassy been?

Started by ~Sassy~,

Previous topic - Next topic

~Sassy~

Back in June when I was doing all of that exercising. I was doing walking plus deep knee bends. I did not know until we got back from our vacation that I had injured my left knee during those deep knee bends and I had more than just a sore knee. I tried, when we came back from vacation, to get down on my knees to put in a new modem underneath my desk and the pain was so bad I fell over. I went to my doctor and he sent me for an MRI. He said the MRI shows I have a lateral meniscus tear. I have an appointment October 23rd with an orthopedic surgeon or sooner if he gets a cancellation. I won't know until then whether I will need surgery or not. I am in a lot of pain, so that is why I have not been on to chat or play. I miss all of you and I will try to get on some when I can...until then take care all of you.
Hugs,
Sassy

IndianLover

Sry to hear that Sassy, hope you feel better soon and it all works out. But hurry and get back soon  tumbsup.gif

Stinkerbell

No fun :(  I had knee surgery but the meniscus was so messed up they had to remove most of it and honestly, it's worse now than it was before the surgery.  Don't rush into anything unless they can really, really, REALLY, assure you it will be better.

(OO)

Squid

I hope you make a speedy recovery, Sass.  Best of luck. xoxoxo

CindyLouWho

Take care Sassy!  Check in whenever you can & let us know how you are doing  (OO)

norcalman662006

Please look after yourself and take care - will say a prayer for your speedy recovery.

harley89

I have to agree with Stinker knee surgery is a 50-50 bet at most.  I have 2 bad knees exercise and keeping my weight down is the thing that works for me. Exercise hurts like all get out at times but I keep icepacks in the freezer so I can just grab them.  So good luck  and hope for the best

disneyland lady

Don'tcha just hate it when life reminds us of how mortal we are?  :( Where can you buy the auto for knees? I know that after the healing is done you will have physical therapy and remind your doctor that playing games is part of your therapy. (Hmmmmm..... if you DO manage to convince him then you can write Pogo off as a medical expense!

Disneyland lady insane diego

jarjar

Quote from: disneyland lady on October 06, 2008, 12:34:57 PM
Don'tcha just hate it when life reminds us of how mortal we are?  :( Where can you buy the auto for knees? I know that after the healing is done you will have physical therapy and remind your doctor that playing games is part of your therapy. (Hmmmmm..... if you DO manage to convince him then you can write Pogo off as a medical expense!

:)) :)) :)) :)) (To funny lady)
We miss you Sassy. Hurry and get better soon.

gator8_24

Hi Sassy, sorry to hear about your knee. Knees are one part of the body I cringe to injure.  I don't have the best of kness and dread that I might eventually need replacement. Good luck with the diagnosis and possible surgery and take it one day at a time.  If need to ice it, I keep a large bag of frozen peas just to use as an ice pack.  Just be sure to mark it 'do not eat' LOL

FreecellFanny

Take it easy Sassy but please think carefully about surgery.  (OO)

Magzy

Take care sweetie!!! Speedy recovery!  Luv ya (OO)

vasunlover

disneyland lady

Quote from: gator8 on October 06, 2008, 08:46:20 PM
If need to ice it, I keep a large bag of frozen peas just to use as an ice pack.  Just be sure to mark it 'do not eat' LOL

OMG! I had a roommate that ate my bag of frozen corn (cheaper than peas here in the southwest) and I had it marked <b><i> NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION </i> </b> but I think they thought it was my sick sense of humor.  Perhaps you better put something like "You have NO idea where this has been".  tumbsup.gif

huggybear

lol! I Blew my knee out about 6 year's ago, popped my knee cap outta place! Went to the ER and they put it back .... .Hurt like you know what ...... The knee surgeon come right out and told me it would be worse after surgery then what it is now.  I still have the occasional OUCH!!!! And if i bend too much it make's a cute clicking noise.  Best of luck to you and your knee!

~Sassy~

UPDATE:
I wanted to let all of you know. I went to see the orthopedic surgeon yesterday and I will not have to have surgery. I selected this particular doctor because he is NOT knife happy. He is an excellent doctor and I think very highly of him, he is one of the best. He told me there is no tear there and that who ever looked at the MRI and said I had a tear, was an idiot. I will have to start physical therapy on October 30, for how long I do not know. I am just thrilled I do not have to have surgery. Thank each and every one of you for your concerns and prayers, they meant so very much to me. And also for sharing your stories, it made me all the more watchful. God bless.
Hugs,
Sassy

Stinkerbell

jarjar

Well that is truly a blessing Sassy. I am so happy for you. Hopefully therapy will not be to long. (OO)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview