This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

If you're having trouble with Diner Dash family..Lookie here

Started by NYYfan02,

Previous topic - Next topic

NYYfan02

After doing everything I possible could 2 get this game 2 work. Updating everything etc..I gave up n walked away.. I checked a different forum and one said to update acrobat adobe reader to version 9... So, I completely un-installed the game once again for the millionth time, updated that, restarted computer, used Internet explorer and downloaded the game, started up the game and viola IT WORKED!!!!!!! finally got to play the game n my frustration is over except for a cranky 2 month old baby lol see if that works for you.

Tara

Quote from: NYYfan02 on October 29, 2008, 01:56:46 PM
After doing everything I possible could 2 get this game 2 work. Updating everything etc..I gave up n walked away.. I checked a different forum and one said to update acrobat adobe reader to version 9... So, I completely un-installed the game once again for the millionth time, updated that, restarted computer, used Internet explorer and downloaded the game, started up the game and viola IT WORKED!!!!!!! finally got to play the game n my frustration is over except for a cranky 2 month old baby lol see if that works for you.

What do we do if we don't have a 2 month old cranky baby? :-\

disneyland lady

Quote from: NYYfan02 on October 29, 2008, 01:56:46 PM
update acrobat adobe reader to version 9...

Weird because I do not have adobe on my computer at all cuz it takes up valuable room. I use a different computer to do any reading that needs acrobat reader. Does this game require lots of reading?

Disneyland lady insane diego

NYYfan02

Tara -  u can have my cranky baby for the day...lol

I dunno why it worked after updating the adobe reader to 9... But it seemed to fix it for a lot of people.. I thought it was strange too when I read to update it because I thought it was meant for being able to read PDF files... But when I updated it and re-downloaded the game and installed it, it loaded the game with no problem for me. Finally heard back from oberon-media as well, and told me that it was MY computer that was not compatible with the game.. I basically told them where to go lol..That's the first time I ever had a problem with downloading a game. After all this, I just am not sure if I wanna ever buy or even try another game, I know I was excited for Diner Dash and the new bowling game but I am undecided as of now.

sixkid

arniebear

QuoteFinally heard back from oberon-media as well, and told me that it was MY computer that was not compatible with the game.

Oberon media told me on two games it was my computer, then they issued a patch for the game a few days later  :-\

IndianLover

It's all weird I have Adobe 7.0 and it works fine for me lol

Unless version nine fixes my naked minis that show up  :))

disneyland lady

I found this in the small print below the game:
<i>This product, Diner Dash® Family Style™, contains Adobe® Flash® Player software by Adobe Systems Incorporated, Copyright © 1995-2006 Adobe Macromedia Software LLC. All rights reserved. Protected by U.S. Patent 6,879,327; Patents Pending in the U.S. and other countries. Adobe and Flash are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated. </i>

So it is the Adobe Flash the game needs and you probably get that updated when updating your Acrobat Adobe. If games are made that need to have Acrobat Reader I am SOL cuz it takes too much room on my gaming computer. I really need to finish up some of my downloadable games anyway to remove them. I think Mahjong Deluxe has 2 levels AFTER the final badge - now why would I want to continue a game without a final badge?

Disneyland lady insane diego

Squid

Quote from: IndianLover on October 30, 2008, 06:48:34 AM
Unless version nine fixes my naked minis that show up  :))

I've been waiting for that!  I want naked minis!  Maybe there will be a kitchen fire in Diner Dash and the waiters/waitresses will have their clothing burned off.  Naked minis!   :^* :^*

IndianLover

Quote from: Squid on October 30, 2008, 06:55:10 AM
I've been waiting for that!  I want naked minis!  Maybe there will be a kitchen fire in Diner Dash and the waiters/waitresses will have their clothing burned off.  Naked minis!   :^* :^*

U are nuts lmfao.  I think it's crazy at least the naked women have boobs but the naked men have nothing if you know what I mean  :))

Stinkerbell

I've had moments where I wish my mini had skimpier bathing suits, but I don't think naked would be appropriate..... well.... unless you're playing poker with a table full of mini men, then it might be a great distraction tool.  Just think... a whole nuther game... Pogo Strip Poker... more tokens and badges!  Sign me up!

cranky

buggyhuggs

Well here is a new problem. I have all the Deluxe games. They have all installed and run just fine. This lovely piece of !!!!!! keeps saying read error. I have adobe 9. I have uninstalled, rebooted etc.etc. redownloaded but still read error. AHHHHHHHHHH well just save money unless I can figure it out.

NYYfan02

Also, I noticed it said you needed Internet Explorer 6+ or later.. Never seen that in a game before. Someone told me also to use IE to download it, as others have said firefox worked just fine for them, so I dunno.

FreecellFanny

I had downloaded and gone into an empty room just to check it out. I noticed it was a "multiplayer game" and didn't want to aggravate anyone until I knew what I was doing. But...

When someone came into the room I got a pop-up and the mini was naked. I don't know what the message was because I was laughing too hard!

That said...I find the game aggravating and no different than Operation and that other one with the fairy that makes pies and pastries.

Of course I want the badges and whatnot but I am loathe to spend money on it - would love a code if anyone is willing to share. ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview