PlayBuddy
August 09, 2024, 01:08:01 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Twilight Saga

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

jarjar

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 23, 2008, 01:56:33 PM

You must be almost done with Breaking Dawn.... what did you think?

OMG Stinkerbell.I Still have about a hundred pages to go. I slowed down. Not feeling to well. Caught some sort of cold bug.. achy all over and coughing my head off. Still trying to stay up and finish. It is truly awe ....amazing... nothing other to say... Wow this author has one true talent.
I am so glad you got out to see the movie. I was worried you would not make it. Now I will be next hopefully next Friday is all goes well.

Keep this to yourself Stinkerbell :>> do not tell Cindy i had a dream :))

Stinkerbell

Quote from: jarjar on November 23, 2008, 03:28:41 PM

OMG Stinkerbell.I Still have about a hundred pages to go. I slowed down. Not feeling to well. Caught some sort of cold bug.. achy all over and coughing my head off. Still trying to stay up and finish. It is truly awe ....amazing... nothing other to say... Wow this author has one true talent.
I am so glad you got out to see the movie. I was worried you would not make it. Now I will be next hopefully next Friday is all goes well.

Keep this to yourself Stinkerbell :>> do not tell Cindy i had a dream :))

I'm tellin' ya... I LOVE Meyer's vampire world... and her imagination is amazing... things I NEVER saw coming.... I am planning to start reading them again probably this week.

I'm kinda sad though.... like how you have all this build up, anticipation for a big event and then when it's over, sometimes you feel kinda sad or empty.  That's how I feel.  I guess I have so few things that I look forward to, that now I'm sitting here going... now what?  How long til New Moon comes out?
Pathetic, isn't it?   :(  But I think you will love the Breaking Dawn ending... it's soooooooo..... perfect.

And congrats on the dream... it's our secret.  Cindy must have been off doing something else.   :)))

CindyLouWho

They'll be talking about Twilight tomorrow morning on "The Morning Show With Mike & Juliet", don't know who will be on there as it doesn't say...just says "Twilight"

Movies sales at the theaters are now over $70 mil last I heard, probably more by now.  tumbsup.gif

Estimated release date for the Twilight dvd is April 2009...thats not soon enough!  lol

JarJar------- I agree that Breaking Dawn is AMAZING!  And w/o saying anything, couple parts are just so  :ooo VV :pp, no words to really describe it, Stinker will know what I'm talking about! lol   Could it be it was what your dream was about??  :))) :))

Stinker---- I was gonna start reading my books over again tonite but my Twilight book is missing!!!  I got the other 3 here...Iguess I loaned it to some1 but can't remember who..lol   :-\

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 23, 2008, 04:43:52 PM
Stinker---- I was gonna start reading my books over again tonite but my Twilight book is missing!!!  I got the other 3 here...Iguess I loaned it to some1 but can't remember who..lol   :-\

I just loaned my well used paperback out tonight to a friend and I'm hoping I get it back.  I'm thinking of buying the boxed set just to put on the shelf and never read them.  Keep them pretty :)  Also, have you seen the bookends that match the cover of Breaking Dawn?  I want those too.   :))

And yes, I know the parts of which you drool... I mean speak   (OO)

CindyLouWho

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 23, 2008, 05:11:03 PM
I just loaned my well used paperback out tonight to a friend and I'm hoping I get it back.  I'm thinking of buying the boxed set just to put on the shelf and never read them.  Keep them pretty :)  Also, have you seen the bookends that match the cover of Breaking Dawn?  I want those too.   :))

And yes, I know the parts of which you drool... I mean speak   (OO)

If I've lost the book, its my own fault for lending 1 of my fave books out!  I was really wanting to read it again after seeing the movie, no matter that I've already read it 3 x.   :!!  If it don't turn up this week, I'll have to get another 1.  I'm getting a bunch of books at the library tomorrow anyways, am anxious to read some more of that Stephanie Plum series, think I have 6 of those on hold for pickup  :)))

jarjar

Thanks for recent info Stinkerbell.
I finally finished book four last nite. The twilight series was definitely one of the best series I have ever read.
Now to start again with book one and enjoy them even more <..>

disneyland lady

Been dying to talk about the movie but trying not to do any spoilers for those who have not seen it yet. I wish it had been longer as it was over before I breathed. I LOVE the scene with the tension between Edward and Bella in science class. I am not so old that I do not remember that kind of tension. I wonder how many takes it took to have Edward jolt out of his chair the very second the bell rang.

disneyland lady insane diego

bubbleup

I'm going to brave the snow today and see the movie..unfortunetly I couldnt resist and have watched probably half the movie[not trailers] on the web already! my nephew's buddy told me most of the 8th grade girls in school are wearing twilight shirts and gushing about Edward and hes sick of it!  :)))

Stinkerbell

I know what you mean, Disney... I guess if you're going to post spoiler information you could do like this:

SPOILER ALERT!

Then post this way...

then post

END ALERT   :)))

Anyway....

I saw it again last night and loved it even more.  You're right, it's not long enough... there was so much left out of the movie that I wish had been there....
blood typing.... the parking lot prom invitations... LOL  I think that Rob and Kristin have a great online chemistry.. what a kiss   :-*  

But now I'm sad because I have to wait who knows how long for New Moon to come out.   6_6.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bubbleup on November 25, 2008, 07:57:56 AM
I'm going to brave the snow today and see the movie..unfortunetly I couldnt resist and have watched probably half the movie[not trailers] on the web already! my nephew's buddy told me most of the 8th grade girls in school are wearing twilight shirts and gushing about Edward and hes sick of it!  :)))

I had seen so many trailers and behind the scene footage clips that I felt I had seen most of it too.   :))
I hope you enjoy it... be safe out there driving in the snow.   (OO)

bams68

Nice good Twilight Sweater would be good rite now. With all this darn freezing weather....-17c (1.6F) this morning. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - Need I say more

Ur Deer Friend
bams

bubbleup

thank you stinkerbelle,you always make me feel welcomed on the forum..I got lucky as there was only about 8 people in the theatre..and it was much better seeing it on a big screen as opposed to the pirated video on the web. My main beef was Jacob's wig  :))

jarjar

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bubbleup on November 25, 2008, 12:47:06 PM
thank you stinkerbelle,you always make me feel welcomed on the forum..I got lucky as there was only about 8 people in the theatre..and it was much better seeing it on a big screen as opposed to the pirated video on the web. My main beef was Jacob's wig  :))

I'm glad you feel welcomed!  This is a great place... but the burning question is... did you like the movie?

And kinda yeah on Jacob's wig... it looked pretty good, but I like him better with short hair :)

bubbleup

did I like the movie? :=well this was me the whole drive there lol! :=my knee shaking on the gas pedal and sitting through the trailers :///but overall I really enjoyed it thank you..went pretty fast didnt it? the one letdown would probably be the sun/meadow scene but thats just me..cant wait for the dvd but guess thats not till april..worse will be waiting to read the sequel which wont happen till xmas..by the way my mom is 61 and enjoying the book also :^*

bubbleup

ahh this smilely didnt get inserted  := owell lol

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bubbleup on November 25, 2008, 03:01:09 PM
did I like the movie? :=well this was me the whole drive there lol! :=my knee shaking on the gas pedal and sitting through the trailers :///but overall I really enjoyed it thank you..went pretty fast didnt it? the one letdown would probably be the sun/meadow scene but thats just me..cant wait for the dvd but guess thats not till april..worse will be waiting to read the sequel which wont happen till xmas..by the way my mom is 61 and enjoying the book also :^*

SPOILER ALERT
See, I was really impressed with the whole sun thing and here's why... I know from reading at Stephenie's site that in her vampire world, during the transformation into vampirism, the tissue cells become hardened like crystals... each teeny tiny cell like an individual crystal.  So I knew it wouldn't be like chunks of diamonds reflecting light... I knew it would be very subtle.  Also, I read Catherine Hardwicks interview where she was talking about trying to get it just right.  They went through, I think she said 5, special effect companies and what they were coming up with ranged from him glowing, to huge giant beams of rainbow prisms eminating from him.  They finally went to George Lucas' company and that's who they ended up going with... I think they captured perfectly.

And you're right, it went way too fast.... to get everything from the book into the movie would have had to add another hour at least, which would have been spectacularly fine with me  :)))

Now, did you know to go to www.stepheniemeyer.com and go to the Twilight tab... then go to Midnight Sun... oh heck, here's the link...

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_partialdraft3.pdf

This is the first 264 pages of Midnight Sun, which is Twilight but from Edwards perspective.  It's soooooooooo good.  I actually think I like it better than Twilight in ways.    It was going to be a book all in it's own, but it's been put on hold because someone she trusted with the draft leaked it onto the internet.  She went ahead and posted it for all of us to read.  Well worth your time and will help get you through til you can read New Moon :)

bubbleup

what?  := abook from edwards point of view?  :=  ++

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bubbleup on November 25, 2008, 04:37:22 PM
what?  := abook from edwards point of view?  :=  ++

LOL  Are you running to it, or away from it?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview