PlayBuddy
August 09, 2024, 12:09:32 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Twilight Saga

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

bubbleup

I'm sorry stinkerbell  :( I was in such a rush to read the draft I forgot to thank you for posting the link...an update on the page said it will be her next book she will be working on  <:>

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bubbleup on November 25, 2008, 07:16:46 PM
I'm sorry stinkerbell  :( I was in such a rush to read the draft I forgot to thank you for posting the link...an update on the page said it will be her next book she will be working on  <:>

You're welcome!  I hope you like it as much as I did.

Unfortunately, that update was in June, before it was leaked to the web.  Her Aug. update says it's on hold indefinitely.  I did see an interview with her and she has something she is thinking of doing... mermaids, but not mermaids, sirens.... that should be very interesting.
The Host, also by Steph Meyer is a great read.

CindyLouWho

I, like every other Twilight fan out there, am hoping & hoping that she will finish Midnight Sun eventually.  I think she will but will keep it secret & just surprise everyone when it is ready.  And if it does come out, I bet it will beat all her other books in sales etc. cause from what I've read of it, its doubly amazing!   I can just imaging reading the rest of MS then reading it upteen times after that,  :))) :!!

bubbleup

I totally agree Cindylou..and it is amazing how many times already I've read that blasted twilight book..I got a stackful of reading material from the library and nothing is holding my interest  :o

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bubbleup on November 26, 2008, 12:03:52 AM
I totally agree Cindylou..and it is amazing how many times already I've read that blasted twilight book..I got a stackful of reading material from the library and nothing is holding my interest  :o

There is another series, Poison Study, Magic Study and Fire Study.  They are great... written by Maria V. Snyder.

jarjar

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 26, 2008, 03:34:36 AM
There is another series, Poison Study, Magic Study and Fire Study.  They are great... written by Maria V. Snyder.

Thanks Stinkerbell (OO) This will be my new year gift to myself :)))

CindyLouWho

Since they're supposed to start filming New Moon in March, hopefully the movie will be out this time next year!!   I just hope they did a good job writing the script.  I'm thankful at least that they're not doing it like they did the original Star Wars movies, 1 movie out every 3 years....that drove me nuts waiting  :))) 

Another book series to check out in the meantime is the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, think there is 14 books but they are quick reads, not big books like the Twilight series.  I am really enjoying em & just started on #6 this morning.  "One for the Money" is the 1st book in the bunch, I thought it was really good but they are getting better & better the more I read!   <:> And that Morelli & Ranger  :pp VV :)))

disneyland lady

I would have liked to have more time with Edward's sparkle in the meadow. I liked the effect and felt if it was much more, there would be some sort of mention of this in vampire lore. And we all<b> KNOW </b> Edward is real and is a real vampire.

I have grown up on the beach all my long years in So Cal and have seen plenty of driftwood but did not understand about the driftwood at the beaches in Twilight's Forks. Stinkerbell had this site on the bookworm thread that really shows the Northern Pacific look. Posting it in this thread for those who missed it:

http://traveler.sunset.com/2008/11/washingtons-oly.html

disneyland lady insane diego

Stinkerbell

I'm with you, Disney... the sun/meadow scene was great... subtle... I think it was perfect!
Thanks for reposting that link.  I had forgotten how beautiful those pictures were.
And of course Edward is real... hard to believe some people think he isn't. 

bubbleup

just checked out that scenic link...scrolled down...and read about Jacob  :-[ geez  guess I didnt see that coming   :ooo

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bubbleup on November 26, 2008, 04:40:53 PM
just checked out that scenic link...scrolled down...and read about Jacob  :-[ geez  guess I didnt see that coming   :ooo

That'll teach for reading.  LOL  Sorry you got that spoiler.... it all comes out early in New Moon. 

bubbleup

yup nobodys fault but mine..guess I'll lay off the thread for a while  6_6.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bubbleup on November 26, 2008, 05:20:03 PM
yup nobodys fault but mine..guess I'll lay off the thread for a while  6_6.gif

I was just kidding  :( 

Stinkerbell

Quote from: jarjar on November 26, 2008, 05:52:01 PM
I love Jacob VV

I thought of you today when I was at HotTopic and they had their Jacob TShirts out.  They had Edward Pillowcases though  :)))

jarjar

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 26, 2008, 05:54:09 PM
I thought of you today when I was at HotTopic and they had their Jacob TShirts out.  They had Edward Pillowcases though  :)))
Pillowcases :oo

bubbleup

after some tinkering around and countless dead ends I was finally able to find the twilight series available to read online for FREE!! Unfortunately it means I'll have a sore  :o0 sitting at my desk for the next few days  :)))

disneyland lady

Quote from: bubbleup on November 27, 2008, 01:05:21 AM
after some tinkering around and countless dead ends I was finally able to find the twilight series available to read online for FREE!! 

Can you share? I would love to be able to send it to a friend who does not have any $$ for herself. I do not want to share my books with her as she eats while reading.  :oo

Nice article - Why movie vampires always break all the vampire rules:  http://www.slate.com/id/2205143/?GT1=38001

disneyland lady insane diego

Stinkerbell

Do you suppose the Cullen's hunt turkeys for Thanksgiving?  Might be gross with all those feathers in your teeth.   :))

jarjar

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 27, 2008, 09:22:52 AM
Do you suppose the Cullen's hunt turkeys for Thanksgiving?  Might be gross with all those feathers in your teeth.   :))

I do not think Edward minds feathers :)) :)) :))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview