PlayBuddy
September 09, 2024, 10:40:08 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Twilight Saga

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

:)) :)) :))   :%# :{: !@#$   :)) :)) :)) 

disneyland lady

Quote from: Squid on December 04, 2008, 08:04:34 AM

Whew! I was so sure that was gonna be me but I don't have any blue shoes. But if we form some sort of defensive moves I bet we can catch the vampire no matter how fast he thinks he is.

disneyland lady insane diego

disneyland lady

From Reuters:
"American Pie" producer to direct "Twilight" sequel
Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:36pm EST  Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single Page | Recommend (1) [-] Text
  • By Steven Zeitchik

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Chris Weitz will direct "New Moon," the sequel to the smash vampire romance "Twilight," after that film's director Catherine Hardwicke failed to reach a deal with producer Summit Entertainment.

The hiring of Weitz, whose credits include "About A Boy" and "The Golden Compass," prompted a carefully calibrated campaign of reassurance on the part of creators.

Stephenie Meyer, the author of the four-book series about young vampires and werewolves, wrote a letter that sought to calm fans nervous about the midstream switch.

"I'm sad that Catherine is not continuing on with us for 'New Moon,' she wrote on her Web site, but then noted that, with Weitz: "Torches and pitchforks aren't going to be necessary." The director "is excited by the story and eager to keep the movie as close to the book as possible," she wrote. "He is also aware of you, the fans, and wants to keep you all extremely happy.

It's rare for the director of a successful first picture not to continue on with the sequel. There have been conflicting reports about Hardwicke's departure, with some noting creative and other differences. Summit has said it was a matter of scheduling.

Weitz has not directed a girl-oriented project before but has been involved in movies that encompass elements featured in "Twilight," producing the coming-of-age tale "American Pie" and directing the fantasy adventure "The Golden Compass."

Still, the director was taking few chances.

"I promise to remain responsive to your hopes and fears," he wrote in his own letter to fans Saturday. "I thank you for this opportunity and for your faith."

Weitz said he had been "in a whirlwind romance" with the series over the past few days, and, in a particularly careful phrasing, said he is "very grateful to have received (Meyer's) permission to protect 'New Moon' in its translation from the page to the screen."

Both Weitz's and Meyer's letters represent rare attempts to communicate with fans on issues often left mostly to the industry, and speak both to the intense insider interest of fans as well as the importance of that group to the franchise's success.

Summit a week ago had faced a public-relations challenge when some fan bulletin boards began to worry about Hardwicke's departure.

"Twilight" stars Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are returning for the sequel, as is screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg. The picture, like the first, centers on the ordinary teenager Bella and the vampire Edward but adds Jacob, a werewolf character who figured less prominently in the first film.

The budget for "Moon" is expected to be slightly higher than that of "Twilight," with a release likely for late 2009 or early 2010. "Twilight," which cost $37 million to make, has earned about $150 million at the North American box office after four weekends.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Stinkerbell

I also read that they are considering having someone else take Taylor Lautner's Jacob role.... stating it's going to be too difficult to make his babyface fit the role.  His agent is checking with special effect people to show the studio what Lautner would look like digitally enhanced to look older and bulkier.  That's going to take $$$ from a budget already too small considering the amount of CGI required for certain transformations that take place in New Moon.  It will be interesting to see how all things develope.

disneyland lady

Well since I broke down and bought a Team Jacob tshirt (cuz I am half american indian and half werewolf just like him) I hope they keep him around.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on December 15, 2008, 08:49:01 AM
Well since I broke down and bought a Team Jacob tshirt (cuz I am half american indian and half werewolf just like him) I hope they keep him around.

That's what you get for being Team Jacob.   :)))

Squid

I got a call from Edward last night.  We're going out on Saturday.   VV

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on December 15, 2008, 09:29:50 AM
I got a call from Edward last night.  We're going out on Saturday.   VV

See, we're talking about Edward Cullen, NOT Eddie Munster.   :!!

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on December 15, 2008, 09:33:31 AM
See, we're talking about Edward Cullen, NOT Eddie Munster.   :!!

Hey!  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, biatch!

disneyland lady

Eddie Van Halen is looking so non-vampire cuz he has aged like his lifestyle.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on December 15, 2008, 10:40:11 AM
Eddie Van Halen is looking so non-vampire cuz he has aged like his lifestyle.

And there's something very non-threatening about Eddie Murphy.  I think it's the whole waffles thing.

disneyland lady

At least Eddie Murphy communicates with animals.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on December 15, 2008, 10:54:38 AM
At least Eddie Murphy communicates with animals.

This is true, but I'm not at all interested in being bitten by him.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on December 15, 2008, 10:49:51 AM
And there's something very non-threatening about Eddie Murphy.  I think it's the whole waffles thing.

Waffles?

Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

jarjar

Quote from: Stinkerbell on December 15, 2008, 02:18:34 PM
http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1601332/story.jhtml

Some casting names... and Jacobs "older" self?

I have not gotten off my lazy pogo butt yet to go see the movie. Now I know I am in deep depression here 6_6.gif

disneyland lady

You better do it this week cuz Christmas holidays start next week.

CindyLouWho

I wanta try to go see it 1 more time while its still at the theater  <:>

Stinkerbell

The second movie based on the vampire series by Stephenie Meyer will hit theaters on November 20, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Perhaps they're superstitious, but that's almost exactly a year to the day after "Twilight" opened.

"Same time, same place," said Richie Fay, the distribution head for Summit Entertainment. "If it's also the same gross, we'll be very pleased. Hopefully, we'll have even better results."

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1601354/story.jhtml

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview