PlayBuddy
September 09, 2024, 10:37:04 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Twilight Saga

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyland lady

The good thing about Twilight is that it will continue to garner new tweens so even those who did not see the first movie until it came out on dvd will be looking forward to the next film. I know I bought 4 copies of the book as gifts to my brothers wives who never heard of it cuz they do not have teens in their lives. Sure made buying Christmas gifts for the wives easier this year. My new logo is a screenprint I did of my Cullen Crest tshirt - had a heck of a time trying to get a border to fit on it - let alone fit it in the scanner. Someone at the gym asked me if that was MY crest - and I said Yes!  %%  I am soooooo over on the darkside that I now have the secret recipe for the cookies.

Stinkerbell

Someone at Target the other day was looking at Twilight and was asking her friend if she should buy it... I didn't even hesitate to tell her how great it was!
So you're right... more and more people are being bitten by the Twilight bug... or vampire as the case may be  :)))

CindyLouWho

lol I did that not long ago at Walmart, couple ladies was looking at books wondering about Twilight & I filled em in..when they left they both had a copy

I just hope with the new director they got for New Moon & the rush they seem to be in to get the movie made that they don't screw it up.   I also think they should have a bigger budget to make the movie cause of having more special effects this time, especially the werewolves.  I'm hoping they don't make em look all cheap & funky looking. 

disneyland lady

Quote from: CindyLouWho on December 16, 2008, 09:31:24 PM
especially the werewolves.  I'm hoping they don't make em look all cheap & funky looking. 

This is true in a way that it has not been before. We have not had a film where the werewolves were to be good guys. Even in American Werewolf in London he was a bad guy while a wolf. We actually have to have them appear an intelligent and loving clan not to mention good looking.

jarjar

Quote from: disneyland lady on December 17, 2008, 05:54:18 AM
This is true in a way that it has not been before. We have not had a film where the werewolves were to be good guys. Even in American Werewolf in London he was a bad guy while a wolf. We actually have to have them appear an intelligent and loving clan not to mention good looking.
Awe my Jacob will be so handsome I am sure VV

CindyLouWho

With the technology as good as it is nowadays, theres no excuse for the special effects to be bad but ya never know..lol  But if they are tightwads with money, hard to tell what they will come up with...probably bunch of ole greedy a$$ men running that studio company   :))) :)))

kim23il

The Library called woohoo. Finally got my hands on books one and two. How long did it take you ladies to read these books? She said I got them til Jan 1st, and I can't renew them since there is a long line for them. Just hope the kids behave and let me read lol :<<

Stinkerbell

Congrats on getting the books!  Put a hold on 3 and 4 now.... you won't want to wait.  I went through them all in a week... but I have teenagers who were THRILLED I was otherwise occupied. 

jarjar

Quote from: kim23il on December 18, 2008, 04:28:25 PM
The Library called woohoo. Finally got my hands on books one and two. How long did it take you ladies to read these books? She said I got them til Jan 1st, and I can't renew them since there is a long line for them. Just hope the kids behave and let me read lol :<<

Tell Uncle Otto take a break and let the kids play and you read :))

bams68

Stinkerbell

That was cute, Bams!   :)))

The Twilight SCORE is out now... and it's doing well.  We also got an email update from MusicNotes that the score is available in sheet music.  That will make my daughter, who loves to play piano, very happy!

jarjar

OMG what an adorable pic. Thank you so much for sharing. The pic puts a big smile on my face. (OO)

CindyLouWho

bams68

Glad u enjoyed. I was in stitches laughing when I saw it. As I didn't make that.....stumbled apon it the other day :)))

Stinkerbell

So, in today's mail there were a couple Christmas cards, and one plain white envelope addressed to me and the sender was "Edward"  ROFL  No visible postmark....

So I opened it up and inside where several pictures of Edward and Bella.... you know, the movie promotional posters, anyway... they had been cut from a newspaper... and on each one, little thought bubbles had been added.  One was of Edward & Bella sitting looking out over the Sound, and the bubble said "Why am I here with this chick when I could be with Stinkerbell?" (but with my real name, of course)  And another was of him towering over her while she is looking at the camera and his thought bubble says "I wonder what Stinkerbell is wearing."  Another one is the two of them standing together and the bubble over Edwards head reads "Bella, can I call you Stinkerbell?"  ROFL  Another  pic with the two of them says "I wish Stinkerbell were here"  And Bella has a bubble saying "Who is this Stinkerbell chick?"  And the last one which had me rolling and blushing is the promo of James holding Edward by the throat against the mirror and it says "So, do you like it rough, Stinkerbell?"  ROFL  That was one of the best Christmas gifts/cards I've ever gotten!!!!  ROFL

And it really did come from Edward... told you he wants me   ""

Squid

I think I have to see this movie!  You guys are over the top with Edward!  It sounds like you're having fun, Stinky!   <..>

disneyland lady

Quote from: Stinkerbell on December 20, 2008, 03:10:44 PM
So, in today's mail there were a couple Christmas cards, and one plain white envelope addressed to me and the sender was "Edward"  ROFL  No visible postmark....

And it really did come from Edward... told you he wants me   ""

I am extremely jealous but I do understand why he would do this. Hope Bella gets over it cuz you know teens - they can be vicious bloodsuckers. The books I gave out as gifts are listed as from Edward cuz after I read this today I pulled off the tags I had on them!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on December 21, 2008, 05:27:07 AM
I am extremely jealous but I do understand why he would do this. Hope Bella gets over it cuz you know teens - they can be vicious bloodsuckers. The books I gave out as gifts are listed as from Edward cuz after I read this today I pulled off the tags I had on them!

I think that's a great idea, changing the tags.  I hope they understand the significance of it all.  Go Team Edward!

disneyland lady

Today I am taking a friend to see Twilight. She has just finished the book so is in full mode for it. When looking up the daily schedule I found this article that talks about Jacob and gives hope for us that are fans of the young boy who plays Jacob, Taylor Lautner AND it mentions us!<i>

'Twilight' Exclusive: Taylor Lautner Talks About His Campaign To Stay On 'New Moon'

'As far as I know, I haven't been told 'no' yet,' says the young star, who's put on 19 pounds to play Jacob Black.

by Larry Carroll
Taylor Lautner (MTV News) BEVERLY HILLS, California — Over the last few weeks "Twilight" Nation has been thrown into disarray, first over the appointment of a new director, Chris Weitz, for the sequel and then by rampant rumors that 16-year-old Taylor Lautner is going to be similarly replaced. (One bright light of the week</i> We just named Twilighters, collectively, the Woman of 2008.)<i> On Wednesday night, Lautner spoke exclusively with MTV News and insisted that reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

"I have been working out. I've been working out since the day we finished filming 'Twilight.' I just weighed myself today; I've put on 19 pounds," the noticeably larger Lautner told us, promising that he'll be big enough to fit Stephenie Meyer's physical description of Jacob Black in "New Moon" when cameras begin rolling in 12 weeks. "I'm guaranteeing Weitz 10 more [pounds] by filming. I get to meet Chris on Friday, in two days, so I'm excited. I'm going to have lunch with him."

The news of a Lautner-Weitz sit-down will undoubtedly launch a few thousand "OME!" exclamations, as Twilighters have spent the past few days launching Web sites, petitions and other shows of support for the young star. Speaking with us at Wednesday's Hollywood Foreign Press Association Salutes Young Hollywood event, Lautner also addressed actor Michael Copon's claims that he had landed the Jacob role, insisting that Copon's Facebook declarations might be a bit premature.

"I've heard a few things," he said of Copon. "I don't really know too much to comment on it. As far as I know, I haven't been told 'no' yet, so it's still all up in the air."

In regards to the series' recent musical-chairs situation, the affable actor offered nothing but kind words for both his past and possibly future directors. "I've seen a few of [Chris Weitz's] films, and he's really talented. The same thing with Catherine [Hardwicke]; I mean, Catherine had a really interesting mind," Lautner observed. "[Weitz] has that as well, and he's very talented. I've heard a lot of good stuff about him, so I'm excited to meet him. I heard he's like a surfer dude, and that he's really laid-back and friendly. It'll be fun."

The "Twilight" heartthrob also gave us his reaction to the studio's "New Moon" press release issued Saturday, which listed his co-stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, but caused widespread speculation in its omission of Lautner's name.

"I think it's because, well, Rob and Kristen were the lead roles in 'Twilight,' so they've got to be back," he reasoned. "I don't even know if they're officially signed; maybe they are, I don't know. They just hired Weitz, and now they're just moving down the cast. All I can say is, I'm going to be ready if my number's called."

In all the chaos of the past few weeks, Lautner added, plenty of things have been exaggerated by the media. Entertainment Weekly reported this week that his agent is talking to the effects people behind "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" about demonstrating how effectively Lautner could be transformed digitally. "Nothing [along those lines] has happened, and I don't know if it will," he told us. "I think there's a lot of things that have gotten blown up that haven't really occurred. That hasn't happened. I've just been working out for awhile, and I'm ready."

Sure enough, Lautner's partially unbuttoned shirt, larger physique and beginnings of a mustache sure seem to indicate that he's ready to show Weitz how he could effectively return as grown-up Jacob Black. And the actor said that in these uncertain times, he continues to surf the "Twilight" sites and take solace in the fans' support.

"Thank you, fans. Keep going, keep working hard, and we'll see soon," he said, addressing the recent MTV poll that had Twilighters choosing him over Copon (or anyone else) by a 12-1 margin. "That's good to hear. I appreciate all the fans who are doing stuff [to show their support].

"My job for 'Twilight' was to bring 'Twilight' Jacob to life — the friendly, happy-go-lucky little Jacob," Lautner explained, looking forward to the Friday lunch that will shape the future of his career. "And my job for 'New Moon' is completely different; I've been looking forward to that. I've been getting ready for it, and I can assure them that I will follow through with that job."
This report is from MTV News. </i>

Stinkerbell

I am hoping they keep him.... I mean, I am Team Edward all the way... but I wouldn't want to see anyone else play Jacob at this point.  I think Lautner fully portrayed Jacob's personality and spirit.  Also, it would really suck for them to yank something that big out from under him.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview