PlayBuddy
September 09, 2024, 10:39:49 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Twilight Saga

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

bubbleup

I don't think Ive ever seen her in anything but I think she won some award years back...I never did finish Breaking Dawn by the way  %%

disneyland lady

Quote from: bubbleup on January 27, 2009, 05:53:01 AM
I don't think Ive ever seen her in anything but I think she won some award years back...I never did finish Breaking Dawn by the way  %%

She was in War of the Worlds as Tom Cruise's little girl and she was in Secret Life of Bees. I have a feeling you are refusing to give in to Bella with Edward and THAT is why you have not finished Breaking Dawn. You secretly want her with Jacob.  VV

Tara

Quote from: disneyland lady on January 27, 2009, 06:25:07 AM
She was in War of the Worlds as Tom Cruise's little girl and she was in Secret Life of Bees.

I loved the movie Secret Life of Bees.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Tara on January 27, 2009, 10:08:42 AM
I loved the movie Secret Life of Bees.

I read the book a few years ago and it was great, too.

disneyland lady

Signe Wilkinson is a political cartoonist and has even won a Pulitzer for her editorial cartoons. Well, obviously, even  she has been "bitten".

CindyLouWho

Dakota Fanning is supposed to be on Jay Leno tonite, maybe she'll say whether she'll be playing Jane or not

Stinkerbell

bubbleup

I'm so ready for this. Dakota isn't what I pictured but if I remember the part is pretty small. I just discovered my dvd player is broken so hopefully I'll be able to afford a new one by the time the special edition Twilight comes out..I'm so curious to see the scene the director shot from Edward's point of view. I'm hoping it's when he first SMELLS her in biology class  :P

disneyland lady

This does not interest me but Hot Topic has a presale with extras:
Experience Twilight Again and Take Home a Piece of the Movie!

Twilighters, you may have heard the rumors. Twilight is coming to DVD on 3/21/09, and with a few simple steps you can pre-order your copy today! But there's more. Hot Topic is offering an exclusive and highly collectible Edward Cullen film cell with every copy of the 2-disc special edition Twilight DVD, all for $24.99. This is a real film cell created directly from the movie. There are 250 different images available, each individually numbered and suitable for framing. Receive one of these exclusive Edward movie cells in each DVD, only at Hot Topic! So what are you waiting for? Pre-order your copy now!* 

http://community.hottopic.com/hottopic/preorder_Twilight.asp?roi=echo4-4778668703-4079083-6d2166e32cefe3a14e1a6a9f34108271&cm_mmc_o=PkAw+ZByEwf*3zEAzyY*acbkbTtf+VywBypwy*2kbgL+Zwyw

Stinkerbell

Here is an article with a few tidbits about New Moon....

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1604068/story.jhtml

And I also read that some of the Twilight cast, Kellen, Ashley, Edi and Rachael, were at the premier of Push with Dakota Fanning.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

disneyland lady

Stinkerbell

bubbleup

Stephen King quoted in USA Today,"..Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good."  nono.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bubbleup on February 04, 2009, 04:09:44 PM
Stephen King quoted in USA Today,"..Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good."  nono.gif

low blow.gif

disneyland lady

The last paragraph of the King article also put down Perry Mason author Erle Stanley Gardner, Dean Koontz and James Patterson so I have a feeling poor King isn't bringing in enough money with his books. Sadly, I used to love Stephen King but his books got so graphically violent I quit reading him.

The article:

Count Stephen King among those not swooning over Edward Cullen.

In what should have been a controversy-free interview with USA Weekend to promote his latest book, the horror master has slammed Twilight creator Stephenie Meyer's writing prowess...by flat-out saying she has none.

What started with an innocent question on the recent juggernaut success of fellow mainstream writers Meyer and J.K. Rowling quickly devolved into a full-scale denouncement of the former's skills.

"The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn," he said. "She's not very good."

Leave it to an author not to mince his words.

Possibly sensing the worldwide fallout from inflaming millions of Twilight loyalists, King went on to say that while Meyer's writing may bite the big one, her storytelling is compelling...at least to a certain, less experienced, segment of the population.

"People are attracted by the stories, by the pace and in the case of Stephenie Meyer, it's very clear that she's writing to a whole generation of girls and opening up kind of a safe joining of love and sex in those books. It's very exciting and it's thrilling and it's not particularly threatening because they're not overtly sexual.

"A lot of the physical side of it is conveyed in things like the vampire will touch her forearm or run a hand over skin, and she just flushes all hot and cold. And for girls, that's a shorthand for all the feelings that they're not ready to deal with yet."

While King seemed to reserve his choicest words for Meyer, she wasn't the only best-selling author eviscerated by him. On the contrary, King declared Perry Mason author Erle Stanley Gardner "terrible," Dean Koontz "sometimes...just awful," and James Patterson "a terrible writer" who is nonetheless "very very successful."

bubbleup

well to be perfectly honest, just my opinion..but I really didnt like New Moon and I just can't get into Breaking Dawn. I really think she laid an egg with that last book and it's my least favorite. Don't shoot me  football4.gif I should add that I don't know if my dislike for the 2 books has anything to do with her writing abilities

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview