PlayBuddy
September 09, 2024, 10:44:06 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Twilight Saga

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyland lady

Darn, I wanted my Jacob Hearts! And I think perhaps they are waiting til March cuz of the DVD release. Last I heard Valentines Day is still Feb 14.

QuoteConversation Hearts to Honor 'Twilight' Film

The New England Confectionary Co. plans to expand its Sweethearts lineup to include candy hearts with sayings inspired by teen film
by Sara Bonisteel

A Valentine's Day candy staple is getting some bite.

The New England Confectionery Co., NECCO, plans to expand its 143-year-old Sweethearts Conversation Hearts line next month with treats inspired by the Stephenie Meyer vampire series "Twilight."

The candymaker will sell tiny hearts in early March with sayings like "I ♥ EC," "Lion and Lamb," "Bite Me," "Dazzle" and "Live 4 Ever," a NECCO official told AOL Food on Friday. The new hearts are tied to the March 21 "Twilight" DVD release and part of a larger Sweethearts overhaul.

The "Twilight" hearts will be softer with stronger, fruitier flavors, and the sweets will carry 20 phrases attributed to the movie's main characters, Bella and Edward, Jackie Hague, NECCO vice president of marketing, told AOL Food.

And some will sparkle in the sunlight, just like the film's main vampire, Edward.

"Bella's don't dazzle in the sun, only Edward's do," Hague said. "Edward's are purple and orange, and Bella's are pink and bright red."

The Boston Herald reported last month that hearts would have flavors like "tempting apple" and "orange obsession," but Hague would not confirm that, though she said the candies will be packaged in a strawberry-scented box.

"We're really not ready to talk about the flavors yet," Hague said. "We kind of want kids to look forward to seeing what they are."

Meyer helped develop the "Twilight" Sweethearts, and another lineup tied to the second film, "New Moon," will be released in November.

"It's really something that we think people who are into the franchise are gonna go, 'These guys get it,'" Hague said. "They're going to think they're fun, because they are."

When asked if the "New Moon" candies would have hearts for another love interest in the series, Jacob, Hague coyly responded with a "maybe."

disneyland lady

The new logo (with a different font) announced yesterday:

from MTV:
Although the look of the new logo will undoubtedly get Twilighter tongues wagging, it's the five-word official title that is the most prominent variation from Stephenie Meyer's simple "New Moon."

With roman numerals now considered taboo in Hollywood, and sequel names like "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" and "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li" in vogue, it makes sense that Weitz and crew would label the future films as "The Twilight Saga." At the risk of reading too much into five words, it also seems to imply that "New Moon" will boast a more epic feel than the first movie.

As for the logo itself, Weitz has chosen to stay with the lowercase lettering, personable font and light-streaks-poking-through look of last year's hit film. In switching from blue to orange, the movie's upcoming posters will be instantly distinguishable from those of the original "Twilight" – which should make them look a whole lot cooler when teenage girls all over the world add them to their walls. The presence of orange also begs a new question: Now that blue and orange are taken, which colors should be used for "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn"?

It's one of the most anticipated movies of the year. It's the next installment in a worldwide phenomenon. And now, it's called "The Twilight Saga's New Moon." Stay tuned, Twilighters, as MTV will continue to bring you all the latest news from now until November.

Although the look of the new logo will undoubtedly get Twilighter tongues wagging, it's the five-word official title that is the most prominent variation from Stephenie Meyer's simple "New Moon."

With roman numerals now considered taboo in Hollywood, and sequel names like "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" and "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li" in vogue, it makes sense that Weitz and crew would label the future films as "The Twilight Saga." At the risk of reading too much into five words, it also seems to imply that "New Moon" will boast a more epic feel than the first movie.

As for the logo itself, Weitz has chosen to stay with the lowercase lettering, personable font and light-streaks-poking-through look of last year's hit film. In switching from blue to orange, the movie's upcoming posters will be instantly distinguishable from those of the original "Twilight" – which should make them look a whole lot cooler when teenage girls all over the world add them to their walls. The presence of orange also begs a new question: Now that blue and orange are taken, which colors should be used for "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn"?

It's one of the most anticipated movies of the year. It's the next installment in a worldwide phenomenon. And now, it's called "The Twilight Saga's New Moon." Stay tuned, Twilighters, as MTV will continue to bring you all the latest news from now until November.

CindyLouWho

thanks for the info, I like the name & font....also I like that little moon on there  tumbsup.gif

disneyland lady

The color fits with the month it is coming out. I just hate that we have to wait til then. When looking for pics of the new logo I found a couple of sites that have running clocks.

bubbleup

wow that's alot of fuss over a logo  giggle2.gif but thanks for posting..I eat up any twilight news. I heard Rob will be presenting at the Oscars,anyone know which catergory? I don't think I have the patience to sit through the entire broadcast  impatience.gif

disneyland lady

They usually save the more well known actors for later in the game so he will probably be one of the first. I heard rumors of Hillary Duff and Madonna being "interested" in New Moon. Fine! Someone will give them a ticket to see it, I am sure.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on February 21, 2009, 05:49:15 AM
They usually save the more well known actors for later in the game so he will probably be one of the first. I heard rumors of Hillary Duff and Madonna being "interested" in New Moon. Fine! Someone will give them a ticket to see it, I am sure.

Have you seen Madonna lately?  She could play Marcus and they wouldn't need much makeup.  Maybe a wig.

CindyLouWho

Yea there's a lot of people interested in getting in this movie, I guess cause its so popular & they wanta get their few minutes of fame in it.. giggle2.gif  They must be keeping a tight lid on this thing cause I haven't heard anything about the casting yet & filming starts soon. 

Gonna be lot of young girls watching the Oscars just to see Rob  popcorn2.gif

disneyland lady

My brother lives in Hollywood and works at KPFK, a local L.A. radio station. After seeing my Valentine's eCard that quoted Twilight and had mentioned New Moon, he told me that a couple of weeks ago his station got a notice regarding ads for extras for New Moon. He had no idea what it was since he is male and 50+. But I am pretty sure that they wanted school age looking teens and no makeup artist or special effects wizard would ever be able to pull that off for me.  hysterical.gif

Homer

Quote from: disneyland lady on February 21, 2009, 08:48:01 AM
My brother lives in Hollywood and works at KPFK, a local L.A. radio station. After seeing my Valentine's eCard that quoted Twilight and had mentioned New Moon, he told me that a couple of weeks ago his station got a notice regarding ads for extras for New Moon. He had no idea what it was since he is male and 50+. But I am pretty sure that they wanted school age looking teens and no makeup artist or special effects wizard would ever be able to pull that off for me.  hysterical.gif

Say hello to Doctor Johnny Fever for me. giggle2.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

disneyland lady

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

CindyLouWho

Wow they are getting on a roll now, especially sice NM isn't even filming yet..lol  But I can't wait for this 1 cause  my fave part in the whole series is from Eclipse so they better not leave it out of the movie!!

'The Twilight Saga's Eclipse': Coming On June 30, 2010
Third film in 'Twilight' series gets release date.

Just a day after "Twilight" fans got a look at the artwork for "New Moon," they're getting another treat: On June 30, 2010, "Eclipse" is coming.

"Yes, it's true," a source at Summit Entertainment confirmed to MTV News Friday evening (February 20). " 'The Twilight Saga's Eclipse' is dated for Wednesday, June 30, 2010."

The big news comes on the heels of a report that the "Twilight" studio had selected a release date for the third film in the series. The threequel's plot synopsis was also leaked for the first time.

"As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger," the plotline explains of the film based on Stephenie Meyer's "Eclipse" novel. "In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob -- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death."

The studio has been quick to point out that "New Moon" and "Eclipse" will not be shooting back-to-back, as franchises from "The Matrix" to "Lord of the Rings" have done in the past. The studio also has not chosen a director for "Eclipse," meaning that Chris Weitz's "New Moon" turn at the helm could be as singular as Catherine Hardwicke's was with the original "Twilight."

As "Twilight" fans know, Meyer's final book, "Breaking Dawn," will most likely be made into a movie if the studio is going so far as to film the first three novels. Meyer has gone on record saying that she'd like "Breaking Dawn" to be filmed as two separate movies, but little else is known about Summit's plans to continue the saga beyond "Eclipse."

CindyLouWho

Found this 1 after the other on the mtv movie blog...both aericles are already starting to get busy with the comments, go to the site if u wanta read some of em   popcorn2.gif

'Eclipse' Gets a Release Date - But How Do the Twilighters Feel?
Published by Larry Carroll on Friday, February 20, 2009 at 11:10 pm.

In case you haven't heard, the "Eclipse" release date has been leaked. And my honest thoughts? I could put a hundred more G's after my "OMG!" and it wouldn't even begin to convey them.

Okay, Twilighters, here's the good news: You've made it to prime time. The release date is in late June, prime tentpole territory typically reserved for the likes of Will Smith, superheroes and hundred-million-dollar Michael Bay movies. No more of these November, let's-hope-we-catch-the-teens-while-they're-home-for-the-holidays release dates for you guys. In fact, a quick peek at the 2010 release schedule shows that "Eclipse" will be butting heads with such heavyweights as "Prince of Persia," "Toy Story 3" and Jackson Rathbone's "The Last Airbender."

Unfortunately, there's also some bad news: Eyebrows were raised among the fans when the "New Moon" release date was announced as being a year after "Twilight" arrived in theaters. Now, "Eclipse" will hit screens a mere seven months after "New Moon." Figuring in the roughly three months that Chris Weitz required to prepare the second film, that gives the director of the third movie barely four months to shoot it, edit it, get the special effects up to speed and put the film in theaters.

Of course, if a director other than Weitz is chosen to film "Eclipse," he or she could have longer to prepare the movie. But any "Twilight" fan would be right to be a bit concerned about the new date – because, as Hollywood has shown us time and time again, hastily-made sequels like "Legally Blonde 2," "Conan the Destroyer" and the "Saw" films often, well, suck.

The advantage of "Eclipse," obviously, is that the text is already written – and amongst the Twilighters, it's perfect just as it is. Stay tuned to MTV as we'll keep following all the details on "The Twilight Saga" films in the months (and now years!) to come.

Enough about my thoughts, what are yours? Are you more happy that "Eclipse" is being filmed, or nervous about the super-fast turnaround time awaiting the third film's director?

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CindyLouWho on February 21, 2009, 02:48:51 PM
Wow they are getting on a roll now, especially sice NM isn't even filming yet..lol  But I can't wait for this 1 cause  my fave part in the whole series is from Eclipse so they better not leave it out of the movie!!

Which part is that?  Tell me the page number so I can check it out.   giggle2.gif

CindyLouWho

I'll have to go pull my book out for the pages its on but it has to do with "camping"...that should ring a bell for ya   giggle2.gif  I sure hope they don't omit that part from th movie!!! 

bubbleup

well thats good news about Eclipse,can't they just skip New Moon?(just kidding! am I?  whistle.gif ) Just noticed in the paper today that our local community college is offering a Twilight class called "Writing and Discussion:Between the Lines of "Twilight". 2 sessions cost 29 bucks  bubblegum.gif

Stinkerbell

Oh, yes... now I remember, Cindy!  You had told me how much you loved that scene.  I felt sooo sorry for poor Edward during that whole exchange.

CindyLouWho

Quote from: Stinkerbell on February 22, 2009, 05:32:58 PM
Oh, yes... now I remember, Cindy!  You had told me how much you loved that scene.  I felt sooo sorry for poor Edward during that whole exchange.

Yes I told you about that part a while back.  It is just so darn funny but also sad in a way too.  That part is mainly what puts that book 2nd place in my Twilight books.   popcorn2.gif

disneyland lady

Quote from: CindyLouWho on February 22, 2009, 11:50:07 PM
Yes I told you about that part a while back.  It is just so darn funny but also sad in a way too.  That part is mainly what puts that book 2nd place in my Twilight books.   popcorn2.gif

What you are saying is that Edward was not a happy camper. It was one of my fav parts too. I saw that Robert was sitting behind Mickey Roarke last night - so there were two people who needed to take a comb to their hair.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview