PlayBuddy
September 09, 2024, 10:48:01 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Twilight Saga

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyLouWho

Yea he defintely wasn't a happy camper  but Jacob sure was  giggle2.gif

Glad to see Rob's hair grew back before filming started

disneyland lady

disneyland lady

Wal-Mart Gearing Up For Twilight in a Big Way

Wal-Mart is promising a store-within-a-store in preparation for the Twilight release next month during what I shall dub "Merch March". The new section will include:

The Twilight DVD movie - standard and special edition
The Twilight CD soundtrack
The Twilight book series: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn
Twilight apparel
Twilight messenger bags and totes
Twilight posters
Assorted Twilight licensed jewelry, key chains and accessories
Staying true to Wal-Mart's modus operandi, it promises "more affordable access to Twilight items than ever before". Check out the whole press release after the cut.

Fans can pre-order Summit Entertainment's Twilight DVD today from Walmart.com
BENTONVILLE, Ark

PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Fans bitten by Twilight mania will soon find much more than the popular vampire book series at Walmart as the retailer becomes a new nationwide Twilight destination. In conjunction with Summit Entertainment's DVD release of this box office smash launching next month, all Walmart stores and Walmart.com will offer unique "Twilight store" areas containing a wide array of crowd-pleasing merchandise at affordable Walmart values.
Today Twilight fans can go to www.walmart.com/twilight to pre-order the new Walmart-exclusive standard DVD movie or special edition DVD, both to release nationwide March 21. As the countdown to the DVD release begins, the Web site will host discussions and post news about exciting fan events and activities to come. Today fans can go to Walmart.com/twilight to watch exclusive behind-the-scenes movie footage. In a few days, they also will find special features on the site to upload and enhance their digital photo to send an "eBite" to a friend. As teens, moms and friends prepare for Twilight "viewing parties" around the country, the site will continue to add special announcements and new material over the coming weeks.
Committed to bringing customers more affordable access to Twilight items than ever before, Walmart will dedicate a special area in each of its 3,500 stores to Twilight beginning mid-March - just days before the DVD movie release is available - to offer items including:
   * The Twilight DVD movie - standard and special edition   * The Twilight CD soundtrack*   * The Twilight book series* Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn   * Twilight apparel   * Twilight messenger bags and totes   * Twilight posters*   * Assorted Twilight licensed jewelry, key chains and accessories
"Twilight is a cultural phenomenon that has gripped both teens and adults across the country," said Greg Hall, vice president, Merchandising. "From the popularity we've already witnessed in books and music, we believe 'Twilighters' will be very excited about the items and values Walmart will bring together in a new in-store and online experience."
"We're delighted to partner with Walmart in bringing the highly anticipated Twilight DVD to the millions of enthusiastic fans who made the film such a groundbreaking success in its theatrical release," said Steve Nickerson, President of Summit Home Entertainment. "By creating specially-dedicated Twilight stores, both in their brick-and-mortar locations and on their website, Walmart is creating a unique home for this beloved franchise's passionate fan base."
Walmart will host these dedicated Twilight areas in stores through April, and continue to carry Twilight merchandise through the year, some items for a limited period only.
Twilight was the bestselling book of 2008 across all genres and the movie's November 21, 2008 opening weekend was one of the biggest in Hollywood history, grossing $70.6 million.

CindyLouWho

Wow thanks for the info Disney!  I'll be there at the store that 1st day cause I want the movie bigtime, can't wait to see it again & I want some more t-shirts!!  lol

bubbleup

did you guys see that unreleased scene where bella puts her finger in edward's mouth?  magnifier.gif wow I thought that was kinda weird,what'd you think? {i didn't put a link up because I figured most had seen it but I can} ..just curious on your thoughts

Stinkerbell

I was on my way here to post it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itwhb0mF_P4#noexternalembed

Kinda funky, mostly because I can't understand what they are saying!  I am soooo excited for the DVD!

bubbleup

it is a little hard to understand... think she says 'wanna taste?'..for me the movie was a little hard to understand as well..maybe with the dvd release they will improve the sound quality..but anyway i think i remember reading an interview where kristen said this scene was ad libbed and she hoped it would be included. I'm looking forward to seeing the other features on the dvd  cheerleading.gif

disneyland lady

Dang it, the link was cleared by youtube and I couldn't find any other on their site done in the last week. I wanna see girls18.gif

disneyland lady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQuMf2SEnac#noexternalembed

posting it quick before it gets deleted (guess Viacom doesn't want those unreleased peeks) and I think she is saying "you wanna taste?"

Stinkerbell

I think you guys are right, she's asking if he really wants a taste. I can't wait for all the trailers and goodies that are going to be released for New Moon!

disneyland lady

If you click on the author of the link I posted you can see other scenes - plus a better quality of that one posted. There is even 9 mins extended scenes. I am just looking at the one scene (or maybe another or two) cuz I really want to wait til the dvd is released in 14 days 22 hrs and 2 mins, not that I am counting or anything.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on March 06, 2009, 07:58:28 AM
I really want to wait til the dvd is released in 14 days 22 hrs and 2 mins, not that I am counting or anything.

Naw, no one ever suspect you of counting.  giggle2.gif

*runs off to look at more Edward photos*

CindyLouWho

giggle2.gif  Glad I don't do those crazy things like you girls do

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

disneyland lady

disneyland lady

Found some new eyecandy today - A set of New Moon Promo Posters

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

bubbleup

Thanks for posting about Dakota...from what I remember about the character it seems like a good fit don't you think? Also I noticed in the article it said kristen/kirsten(how sad I don't remember!) would be playing joan jett in a movie...oh boy that smells like a doozie eh?  giggle2.gif Oh and one more thing..I know I've mentioned this before..but I'm getting a little worried about that midnight sun scene not being on the dvd. It was the main thing I was excited about and I didn't see it on the deleted scenes list  girls18.gif oh boy I need a life

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview