PlayBuddy
August 09, 2024, 01:33:12 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Twilight Saga

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 13, 2008, 09:43:41 PM
Yea when I 1st read the books I had a vision of Edward in my mind & then when I first seen the 1st movie clip I thought WHAT??   :ooo  But then the more I watched it  ( & believe me I watched it a lot!) Rob fit the part to me.  Now I couldn't imagine anyone else playing the part  :)))  VV

Rob is not what I pictured either, but after seeing his photo I went back and read the description of Edward and I had him pictured all wrong.  I pictured him looking like Emmitt.

And I just read an interview where Stephenie Meyer said that there was no one else but Rob who could truly be "Edward".  He is the perfect actor to play that role, but she also said that in real life, you would NOT want Rob for a boyfriend or your daughter's boyfriend.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 13, 2008, 05:54:32 PM
They are working on the Twilight dvd but no idea when it will come out.  But from what I've read there's supposed to be lots of extra stuff on it, including deleted scenes etc etc.  Plus----a deleted scene from "Midnight Sun"!   :D :D

I'm passing on the addy for the 1 article but forget where I seen the other 1....http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/11/12/twilight-dvd-will-feature-bonus-scene-from-midnight-sun/

This was a fantastic interview!  Thanks for the link.  I have my dvr set to record Spoilers tomorrow   :^*

jarjar

Hooray it is Friday. I find I have hardly any time to read during the week. So therefore I had put off starting book 3 Eclipse..... But look out tonight. I can not wait to get home and get started. Thank you all for all the wonderful links keep them coming. (OO)
Sue

Stinkerbell

Quote from: jarjar on November 14, 2008, 07:04:28 AM
Hooray it is Friday. I find I have hardly any time to read during the week. So therefore I had put off starting book 3 Eclipse..... But look out tonight. I can not wait to get home and get started. Thank you all for all the wonderful links keep them coming. (OO)
Sue

My favorites are in this order, Twilight, then Eclipse, Breaking Dawn then New Moon.  I mean you have to read them in order they were written, but this is the order of my favorites.  Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much happens in Eclipse... it's crazy.  And you learn so much about other characters.  You'll like it.

CindyLouWho

REMINDER:  Don't forget to watch  "Spoilers: Twilight Edition"  tonight on MTV (7:30 est time)  It looks like its gonna be good  <:> :///

Stinker thats the order I like the books too!  I just love em all but thats the order I love em in, lol.  Its because of my fave part in Eclipse that puts it at #2 & you know what that is!    And my reason New Moon is last is probably the same reason as yours!   :ll  But if Steph M ever finishes Midnight Sun, that will probably be my very best fave!   :)))

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 14, 2008, 10:32:41 AM
But if Steph M ever finishes Midnight Sun, that will probably be my very best fave!   :)))

Agreed 100%  There's something about it that is just so compelling.  Edward is so tormented, so much more than Twilight depicts.  What woman doesn't want to comfort a tormented soul like Edward?   VV :)))   In Midnight Sun you also see how funny he can be... page 201 where he's questioning her sanity and thinking of getting her the best care available... I laughed sooooooooooooo hard!   :)) 

CindyLouWho

Yessssssssss It has been confirmed that Summit Entertainment, the studio thats making Twilight, has bought the rights to ALL 3 of the Twilight sequels including BD!    We knew they was gonna make the 2, but BD was always up in the air & now we know!!  Yipppeeeeeeeeeee  :!! :!! 

I'd post the article here but it has some spoilers in it & I don't wanta spoil it for the people that hasn't read all the books yet  :)))

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 14, 2008, 11:16:07 AM

I'd post the article here but it has some spoilers in it & I don't wanta spoil it for the people that hasn't read all the books yet  :)))

Link me up, Cindy!

jarjar

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 14, 2008, 11:17:16 AM
Link me up, Cindy!

Beat me up Scotty :)))

I am trying to hurry then you can link me up too :-X

Stinkerbell

Spoilers is going to be a great show!  Loved the Twilight clip, but I was hoping it would be a 120 minute clip   :)))

CindyLouWho

The show was ok but heck, could've been all Twilight, those other shows could've waited ...lol

Here's a date & times for some Twilight tv appearances with the 1st being on this morning at 7 am est.   :D

11/15 @ 7am The Early Show on CBS
11/20 @ 7am Today on NBC
11/20 @ 10pm Kristen will be on the Sarah Silverman Show on Comedy Central
11/20 @ 8pm Big Movie Premiere on TV Guide Channel
11/21 @ 3pm Robert will be on the Ellen Degeneres Show
11/26 @ 9am Kristin will be on Regis & Kelly

I found these plus lots more stuff at http://www.edwardandbella.net/, think the addy was posted before but heres it again

Kris

I bought 'Twilight' yesterday and went to bed early to start reading it and I HATED it!  :))) :)))
No really, I read the first hundred pages and didn't want to put it down.  It is soooo good.  Thanks everyone for turning me on to this.  Now, I just have to find the other 3 books before I finish this one.

;::

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Ethel on November 16, 2008, 03:13:25 AM
I bought 'Twilight' yesterday and went to bed early to start reading it and I HATED it!  :))) :)))
No really, I read the first hundred pages and didn't want to put it down.  It is soooo good.  Thanks everyone for turning me on to this.  Now, I just have to find the other 3 books before I finish this one.

No kidding about having all the books.... I am sooo glad I didn't read them til they were all released.  I would have gone insane.  My daughter had read the first 3 and had to wait for Breaking Dawn to come out and it was miserable for her.   :)))

So, welcome to the club... you're amongst good company  (OO)

Kris

So, welcome to the club... you're amongst good company  (OO)

Yes, indeedo! :!!

gator8_24

Quote from: Ethel on November 12, 2008, 01:43:52 PM
Ok, here's a stupid question :o  What is the Twilight Saga?  (Remember I'm new here "")

LOL I'm sitting here reading and wondering I don't remember this in the twilight ZONE! LOL  I am so out of it! Must come here more often and read the threads! :))

Oh is it a vampire story?  I love vampire stories!

jarjar

I am halfway through Eclipse and it is killing me... Man I am never going to finish this before tonight.... Not enough time to read during the week. I may need a sick day this week :)))

Stinkerbell

Quote from: gator8 on November 16, 2008, 01:41:15 PM
LOL I'm sitting here reading and wondering I don't remember this in the twilight ZONE! LOL  I am so out of it! Must come here more often and read the threads! :))

Oh is it a vampire story?  I love vampire stories!

It is a vampire story... and then some.  The author's site is www.stepheniemeyer.com
It's the story about a human girl and a vampire guy who are falling in love and trying to make the relationship work which is difficult since Edward (be still my heart) Cullen desperately wants to eat her.  He and his family consider themselves vegetarians in that they don't drink human blood, just animal blood.  But it is still a fight against his true nature which is to consume human blood.

gator8_24

CindyLouWho

Quote from: Ethel on November 16, 2008, 03:13:25 AM

When I first read Twilight, I'd gotten it from the library cause my 14 yr old granddaughter was reading the books & she thought I'd like it.  As soon as I finished it, I read it again til she brought New Moon over for me to read.  I was hooked bigtime on em, then finally just got my own set of the books so I wouldn't have to wait to read em all  :))  Whoever said these books were for teen girls don't know there a@@ from a hole in the ground!  :))

Squid

You should all know that Kristen Stewart was about 5 miles from my house this past Saturday signing Twilight T-shirts for folks.  The paper said she was mobbed.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview