PlayBuddy
August 09, 2024, 12:36:10 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Twilight Saga

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on November 17, 2008, 09:06:23 AM
You should all know that Kristen Stewart was about 5 miles from my house this past Saturday signing Twilight T-shirts for folks.  The paper said she was mobbed.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing.  They've had to cancel some of Rob's appearances due to mobbings and unruly crowds (CindyLou was photographed there, pushing small children out of the way shouting "BITE ME EDWARD!  BITE ME!!" ).  He was in an Apple Store in NYC shopping for something and a 7 year old girl asked for his autograph.  Then she asked him to bite her.   :ooo    :)))   

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 17, 2008, 09:12:21 AM
(CindyLou was photographed there, pushing small children out of the way shouting "BITE ME EDWARD!  BITE ME!!" ).  

ROFLMAO!

Gotta love CindyLou's ambition!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on November 17, 2008, 09:39:45 AM
ROFLMAO!

Gotta love CindyLou's ambition!

Yep!  I didn't get photographed because I was home getting ready for my date with Edward.  But don't tell Cindy.  She still thinks he wants HER.   :)))

vasunlover

ok, my pogo cheatians I read all the time, stephen king, dean koontz--I have never heard of twilight-someone clue mw in on this-author, etc. what are they about?????

Stinkerbell

Quote from: vasunlover on November 17, 2008, 09:58:29 AM
ok, my pogo cheatians I read all the time, stephen king, dean koontz--I have never heard of twilight-someone clue mw in on this-author, etc. what are they about?????

Twilight is the story of Edward Cullen, a vampire, and Bella Swan, a 17 year old human girl.  Edward was turned into a vampire when he was 17, but he's technically now 108 or something like that.  Anyway, they fall in love and struggle with how they can make the relationship work which isn't easy because he wants to drink Bella's blood.  The Cullen family isn't like your run of the mill vampire family because they consider themselves vegetarians because they try not to hunt humans, only animals, but the desire for human blood is still there.  It's a great story!

Here's the authors website  www.stepheniemeyer.com

and the movie site  www.twilightthemovie.com

vasunlover

thanks Stinkerbell, I saw that the movie was coming out friday but will look into the author, sorta sounds like that (fox?) series true blood

vasunlover

I just read about her, no wonder I have never heard of her she writes children's books, and definetely non-originals-but I will give it a try and read the books I can find--and then base my opinion on the author/story (ies).  BUT, noone is better than King, Koontz and Straub

Stinkerbell

Quote from: vasunlover on November 17, 2008, 10:19:43 AM
I just read about her, no wonder I have never heard of her she writes children's books, and definetely non-originals-but I will give it a try and read the books I can find--and then base my opinion on the author/story (ies).  BUT, noone is better than King, Koontz and Straub

Hmmm... she doesn't write childrens books at all.  Twilight is a YA series, but Twilight was her first book ever and has become massively popular.  Non-originals... not sure what you mean, because everything she writes is very original.

vasunlover

Not sure of the channel, but he was a vamp   she was a cop he wanted to bite her but wanted to love her, same as a show called midnight but of the same old crap.  But I am willing to give Meyer the benefit and read her stories before I actually say anything.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: vasunlover on November 17, 2008, 10:31:36 AM
Not sure of the channel, but he was a vamp   she was a cop he wanted to bite her but wanted to love her, same as a show called midnight but of the same old crap.  But I am willing to give Meyer the benefit and read her stories before I actually say anything.

Yeah, I used to watch Moonlight... CBS canned that one.  Twilight was written in 2005, well before Moonlight, but I see your comparison.  Meyers vampires are not at all Dracula type vamps.  She took a very different approach.   I'm hoping the movie will come close to the book!

We originally started talking about this in the Book Worms thread and it took it over so we started this thread.  Koontz, King and others are discussed there on the Book Worms thread... I loved Odd Thomas.

CindyLouWho

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 17, 2008, 09:12:21 AM
Yeah, it's pretty amazing.  They've had to cancel some of Rob's appearances due to mobbings and unruly crowds (CindyLou was photographed there, pushing small children out of the way shouting "BITE ME EDWARD!  BITE ME!!" ).  He was in an Apple Store in NYC shopping for something and a 7 year old girl asked for his autograph.  Then she asked him to bite her.   :ooo    :)))   

Hey I had to get those kids outta there before I could get Edward alone, you know we needed lots of room!  Plus didn't want those kids all covered in feathers from the pillows I'd stashed there earlier  :pp :pp :)) :))

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 17, 2008, 01:25:45 PM
Hey I had to get those kids outta there before I could get Edward alone, you know we needed lots of room!  Plus didn't want those kids all covered in feathers from the pillows I'd stashed there earlier  :pp :pp :)) :))

:)) :))

CindyLouWho

Quote from: vasunlover on November 17, 2008, 10:19:43 AM

Stinker gave an excellent description of Twilight.   tumbsup.gif   When Stephanie wrote the book, she'd wrote it cause of a dream she had & started writing it down for her own purposes. She had no thoughts of publishing it til her sister (i think it was her sister, lol ) had read what she'd written & talked her into getting it published.  And I for 1, along with millions of others (tweens, teens, young adults, & older adults like me! lol ) am certainly glad she did!!   :!!  Of course not every person is gonna like it but thats the way it goes, each person to their own,  :))) 

In my opinion, S. King is in a class by himself & I don't think there'll ever be any1 to beat him. 

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 17, 2008, 02:03:32 PM
In my opinion, S. King is in a class by himself & I don't think there'll ever be any1 to beat him. 

One of my all time favorite by anyone ever books is The Stand.  And one of my all time favorite characters ever is Odd Thomas.
I am so thankful that there are so many amazing authors!

disneyland lady

http://www.moviefone.com/unscripted/twilight/334/twilight-unscripted-complete-interview/2319619?icid=200100397x1213591486x1200892445

Moviefone interview - boy is the link long, or what! This has Rob, Kristen and Stephanie Myer interviewing each other with questions from the public.

disneyland lady insane diego

Stinkerbell

jarjar

Thanks for sharing the link Disney. I enjoyed  VV it.

jarjar

Haven't had much time to read after work this week. I only have about 50 more pages left to Eclipse. I tried so hard to keep my eyes open last nite to finish but just could not do it. I can not wait to get home and finish and start the last book. And of course after that I will reread them all again. I know they will be better the second time around. So much to take in reading them so quick.
And for the record still no Edward dream. 6_6.gif

CindyLouWho

Quote from: disneyland lady on November 19, 2008, 04:13:35 PM
http://www.moviefone.com/unscripted/twilight/334/twilight-unscripted-complete-interview/2319619?icid=200100397x1213591486x1200892445

Moviefone interview - boy is the link long, or what! This has Rob, Kristen and Stephanie Myer interviewing each other with questions from the public.

disneyland lady insane diego

Thanks Disney, I hadn't seen that!    tumbsup.gif

CindyLouWho

Quote from: jarjar on November 20, 2008, 10:36:24 AM
Haven't had much time to read after work this week. I only have about 50 more pages left to Eclipse. I tried so hard to keep my eyes open last nite to finish but just could not do it. I can not wait to get home and finish and start the last book. And of course after that I will reread them all again. I know they will be better the second time around. So much to take in reading them so quick.
And for the record still no Edward dream. 6_6.gif

I loved Eclipse!!   Is my 2nd fave after Twilight  :D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview