PlayBuddy
August 09, 2024, 01:11:18 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Twilight Saga

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

bams68

Evening twilight gals.
Whew been one heck of a week. I doubt I'll be catching the movie for twilight this week around. I'm hoping to catch it with my sweetie anyways. I'm sick with sum stupid infection. My neck is swollen from a stupid lymph node which is trying to heal my infection but now it's infected too. Jus all crazy....so yeah jus a huge ol' headache it all is. Then to top it all off....we got our first snowfall of the year.....YAY = yeah as if ....Grrrrr more like it.
I sooooooooo wanted to be moved before all this crap fell. But seems nothing is working out as planned. I'm wavin' the white flag  :"

ahhhh we all get these days I guess. Anywho yeah thx for the link an also crazy Twilight is actually playing here TONIGHT at 10pm. I live like an hour away from any theater so yeah not easy for me to catch a flick. Especially when I'll need a babysitter. An I've never had one yet ....son is 4yrs old almost 5. An I never got a babysitter, sad life aye.  :-[

Anywho off to bathtime....got bloodwork in the morning. Another pain in da rear ..... :@

Ur Deer Friend
bams

Oh an what's up with Rob's hair???? I'm not liking' it (JMO)

CindyLouWho

Quote from: bams68 on November 20, 2008, 03:47:10 PM
Evening twilight gals.
Whew been one heck of a week. I doubt I'll be catching the movie for twilight this week around. I'm hoping to catch it with my sweetie anyways. I'm sick with sum stupid infection. My neck is swollen from a stupid lymph node which is trying to heal my infection but now it's infected too. Jus all crazy....so yeah jus a huge ol' headache it all is. Then to top it all off....we got our first snowfall of the year.....YAY = yeah as if ....Grrrrr more like it.
I sooooooooo wanted to be moved before all this crap fell. But seems nothing is working out as planned. I'm wavin' the white flag  :"

ahhhh we all get these days I guess. Anywho yeah thx for the link an also crazy Twilight is actually playing here TONIGHT at 10pm. I live like an hour away from any theater so yeah not easy for me to catch a flick. Especially when I'll need a babysitter. An I've never had one yet ....son is 4yrs old almost 5. An I never got a babysitter, sad life aye.  :-[

Anywho off to bathtime....got bloodwork in the morning. Another pain in da rear ..... :@

Ur Deer Friend
bams

Oh an what's up with Rob's hair???? I'm not liking' it (JMO)

Soooo sorry you been feeling bad Bams!!!    6_6.gif   I hope you feel all well very soon  (OO) 

Twilight is playing about 10 minutes from me & I can't wait to see it.  Wish I'd went ahead & got tickets for the midnight showing tonite now instead of waiting til tomorrow nite.....but oh well  <:>   And I LOVE his hair, I'd like to get close enough to him to rub my hands through it.. :)))

If we lived closer, I'd gladly babysit so you could go see the movie!

FreecellFanny

Quote from: bams68 on November 20, 2008, 03:47:10 PMAnywho off to bathtime....got bloodwork in the morning. Another pain in da rear ..... :@

They're taking the blood out of your bum?  <:>  :-[

Stinkerbell

(OO)  Poor Bams!  You've been having a miserable year, healthwise.   6_6.gif  I sure hope you can get feeling better very soon.

Let's just hope that it's Edward taking your blood this morning   :)))

Hugs, sweet Bams lady!

jarjar

Awe sweet Bams. I hope you are better real soon (OO)

Guess your blood will be a little low tonight so Edward may have to come and visit me :)))

I finally finished Eclipse last nite. I have to say .... wow so much happened it was truly amazing. Now on to book four this weekend.

I am so jealous my daughter was supposed to come with me to see twilight Friday after thanksgiving. Well, huh,  >:D If her boyfriend did not just tell me he is probably taking her to the midnight show tonight 6_6.gif

bams68

thankies girls, yeah it sure has been a rough year. Well the past 4 years have been nasty for poor ol' bams. Seems when u take a nasty hit, it' leads to other probs an then more come along an it's jus like a chain reaction.
it's like how can I walk to help my back if I'm suffering from heel spurs (both heels). Clearly dun make sense....I'm a tiny lady an u would think I'm fit as a fiddle but nah not the case.....jus frustrating. When u try so darn much.

Ah well I jus got back from my morning errands. Blood/urine work dun. Was done so early that I passed myself through emergency for my neck ...apprently it's not a lymph node infection...doc thinks it's a cyst infection that he gave antibiotics for an if it gets worst in a few I need to have them drain it or if it don't get better in a few days - same fate.

Speaking of Edward....haha. See I dun fancy him that same way u all do. Sure he's attactive in the book. But real life Rob - nah I have better. I like my sweetie more to be honest. Rob jus doesn't do it for me

Edwards character however is great, an he's not sooo bad in the movie. But yeah two nites ago I did dream of the whole twilight vampire thing but it was my own sweetie who was the Cullen Vampire..Kept me interested
%%

anywho off to snuggle under sum blankies
Ur Deer Friend
bams

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bams68 on November 21, 2008, 06:49:31 AM
Speaking of Edward....haha. See I dun fancy him that same way u all do. Sure he's attactive in the book. But real life Rob - nah I have better. I like my sweetie more to be honest. Rob jus doesn't do it for me

anywho off to snuggle under sum blankies
Ur Deer Friend
bams

Yeah, it's the book Edward that's got my attention.  Rob is a good Edward in the movie, but his real life.... nuh uh.  Even Steph said in an interview that while he is the perfect Edward, you wouldn't want Rob to date your daughter.  I kinda got that impression from watching his interviews and stuff. 

Well, keep us posted on how things are going for you.  I sure hope you feel better soon!!   (OO)

bams68

yeah that would sum it up about Rob. I think he looks jus dandy in the movie an such. But seems he lacks sum things off screen.

I indeed feel like crawling under a rock...under a winter storm warning. Feeling as I do...I really dun feel like diggin myself out of it jus yet.

Jus gonna bury myself in my books an keep the coffee running.....

thankies for the kind comments hun
huggies
Ur Deer Friend
bams

Stinkerbell

So, I've been rather unimpressed with most of Rob's interviews... but I have to say, today's Ellen was one of the best of his interviews and I laughed so hard.  Of course, Ellen is awesome anyway, but this was really quite funny.

CindyLouWho

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 21, 2008, 06:10:54 PM
So, I've been rather unimpressed with most of Rob's interviews... but I have to say, today's Ellen was one of the best of his interviews and I laughed so hard.  Of course, Ellen is awesome anyway, but this was really quite funny.

Wasn't that funny when she gave him those boxers??  :)))  I am glad his parents are over him with him now, I think he looks like his dad.  So much is hitting him so fast that his family should be here with him cause he's still so young imo. 

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 21, 2008, 07:06:06 PM
Wasn't that funny when she gave him those boxers??  :)))  I am glad his parents are over him with him now, I think he looks like his dad.  So much is hitting him so fast that his family should be here with him cause he's still so young imo. 

I agree.  I think that some of the things he has said and done are just inexperience, immaturity and being overwhelmed with fame.  He's doing better though.

I was laughing about the ... what did he call it... window screen?  Something like that... and the button thing... I am going to watch that over and over... it was excellently funny!

CindyLouWho

OK ya'll....I just got back from seeing the movie & I loved it bigtime!   :D :D  5 of us went together & we all loved it!  After seeing Rob playing Edward the way he did, I couldn't imagine any1 else playing that role, he did a fantastic job on it & all of us agreed that went.  I plan to go see it again soon cause I can't wait til the dvd comes, lol.   There was all ages there too, not just teen girls & there was 4 auditoriums playing just Twilight. 

My biggest complaint about it is that there was so much cut out from the book but that was expected.  But some parts of it was just amazing!  :!! :!!

Stinkerbell

Thanks for the review, Cindy!  I get to go Monday!  I am excited.  I wanted to go today with my kids (who are there again tonight) but I'm sooo self conscious in my wheelchair I wouldn't enjoy myself if I went.   :(  But Monday will be less crowded and it will be great.   :^*

CindyLouWho

I can't wait for you to see it Stinker!!  I know you will feel the same as I do right now   :!!

disneyland lady

We had a 10:05 am showing in one plex-theatre with showings every half hour so I went at 9:30 am hoping for just an hour wait. I got in to the 10:05 showing which was not crowded. It was everything we thought it would be and I just ate it up. I was surprised at the number of men that were in the crowd and the number that were alone! No spoilers but I suggest that you keep in mind that next week many hundreds of young girls are out of school for the Thanksgiving week. That is why I decided to go today. I will say that I was so excited to be seeing Twilight that I could not tell you one of the too-many previews except for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - which made me look for Rob Pattinson as Cedric.

disneyland lady insane diego

Stinkerbell

Disney,

My kids saw it yesterday morning and then again last night with my husband.  They all really liked it.  A friend of mine who saw it said it was cheesy, but that she would still go see it 3 more times.   :)))

I'm very happy with the 'man on the street' reviews I've heard.  People really love it!  Of course there will be some who prefer the more traditional vamp story and may not enjoy this one.  I happen to love it because it IS a new take on the whole vampire legend and because Edward is toooo hot for words   "" 

Thankfully, the schools in my area do not have the entire week off next week.  That's why I'm going to go Monday  :^*

jarjar

Hooray for all who saw the movie already. I am so glad you are going to go Monday Stinkerbell. I can not wait but looks like I will not be going until the weekend after thanksgiving.
I was fortunate enough to see the pics of the actors before I started reading the book. I know it must be hard to accept the actors after reading and picturing another face in your mind. So no problem there for me from page one Edward looked just like Edward and Bella looked like Bella :)))

bubbleup

ugh!I'm so jealous of you all who got to see the movie girls18.gif I can't believe I got sucked into this twilight crap at my age! I read they are signed to do the sequel already..so I think theres 4 books in the series right? are there plans for any more? sorry to be naive..I hate to read the fan sites as I'm afraid to stumble upon a spoiler..thanks for any info  %%

Stinkerbell

I was able to go see it tonight and I reallllly loved it.  In my humble opinion it wasn't as good as the book but I don't see how it could have been.  The book was 500+ pages of memorable moments that had to be crammed into a 2 hour movie.  The movie was visually stunning (and I'm not just speaking of Edward  ""  )  I was so impressed with how true to the book they stayed, how well Kristen and Rob played Bella and Edward and, again, the cinematography was amazing.  I WILL see it again and WILL buy the DVD.  I told my daughter that about half way through the movie I realized I hadn't stopped smiling :)

I'm sure Summit will allow a bigger budget for the next movie, will be even better.

This came from an MTV article (thanks MsLouWho)

Summit Confirms New Moon To Hit Big Screen

"The news comes on the heels of the vampire flick selling out theaters nationwide, despite its mixed reviews. The madness began with some impressive advance ticket sales, then the film added to its $7 million midnight-screening take with a staggering $35.7 million on Friday, taking in money at a rate reported to be more than three times that of last week's box-office winner, "Quantum of Solace." To put it in perspective, "Twilight" is now second only to "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" in terms of biggest opening-day gross for a non-summer release.

"Twilight" is currently on track to become the highest-grossing film ever made by a female director, the highest-grossing vampire film of all time, and is also threatening several other records heading into Saturday. The film is currently projected to make more than $60 million this weekend, which would put it on track for the $150 million box-office haul that director Catherine Hardwicke has said would automatically green-light sequels."

Stinkerbell

Quote from: jarjar on November 22, 2008, 09:11:56 AM
Hooray for all who saw the movie already. I am so glad you are going to go Monday Stinkerbell. I can not wait but looks like I will not be going until the weekend after thanksgiving.
I was fortunate enough to see the pics of the actors before I started reading the book. I know it must be hard to accept the actors after reading and picturing another face in your mind. So no problem there for me from page one Edward looked just like Edward and Bella looked like Bella :)))

You must be almost done with Breaking Dawn.... what did you think?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview