PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 05:55:58 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Anyone else..

Started by fatkid,

Previous topic - Next topic

fatkid

going to see Fahrenheit 9/11 this weekend?  We got a big group together (about 40 of us all together) and we're going to the theater tomorow to watch Michael Moore's new flick... I really enjoy Bowling For Columbine, and Roger and Me was a flick that hit a little too close to home, it was pretty tough to watch at some places...  Anyways just wondering if anyone else was going to go check it out, as it's only being shown in around 500 theaters across America...

bob@pogopal

Quote from: fatkid on June 25, 2004, 12:23:37 PM
going to see Fahrenheit 9/11 this weekend? ... Roger and Me was a flick that hit a little too close to home

Nope, I have better things to do than waste my time on propagandists. (Like finishing the phlinx auto.)

Why did Roger and Me hit too close to home? Did the sheriff evict your family on Christmas day when you were a kid?

Homer

Nope, I wait for it to come out on cable.  ;D

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

fatkid

It wasn't on Christmas day... And it wasn't the Sherrif... It was the Tennessee State Marshalls... It was 3 days after Christmas...  It will have been 4 years ago this christmas...

Like I said, it hit pretty close to home...

Anyways, on a much less somber note...
Look for me on www.michaelmoore.com this next week when they show their photos from fans going to see it on the opening weekend... I plan on taking lots of pics and sending them in...  :D

TonySoprano

I think Michael Moore is a big FAT liar after seeing his last (anti-gun) film, Bowling for Columbine :o)

ronandamee1

Quote from: TonySoprano on June 25, 2004, 12:55:50 PM
I think Michael Moore is a big FAT liar after seeing his last (anti-gun) film, Bowling for Columbine :o)
I think Bowling for Columbine was very well done. Kmart and Wal mart should not be selling pistol bullets. And it was messed up the Charleton Heston showed up less than a week after the shootings for a gun rally. I think Michael More is a great filmmaker. I own guns btw. But people need to be more responsible with them. Buy a safe aholes. When you come home and find your kids or one of their friends dead, you will wish you bought a goddamn safe. Michael Moore is just doing what he thinks is right.

fatkid

Bowling for Columbine wasn't about guns/ pro or anit...
If you noticed he pointed to Canada showing that they owned more guns per capita, that there were more guns in a much higher % of homes in Canada...  But Canada has a much much lower gun violence rate than America does, and they own a high percentage of guns... That to me shows that Moore is stating that guns aren't the sociatal problem... He then takes what appears to be a movie on gun violence into a movie about fear in America, and the deeper seeded problems of violence in America... :-\

On another note, the things Moore said about Heston were pretty twisted... He took a lot of things way out of context, and if you go back and do some research on what Heston really had said, he doesn't come across nearly as bad... He also left out some key info about those NRA rallies... The one in Denver could not be cancled... To hold a certain status for government regulation certain meetings HAD to be held... So the meetings that had to be held, were, and all other NRA meetings in Denver for that entire week were cancled... Also the ralley held in Flint wasn't actually a rally.... It was for the upcoming elections and Heston had been asked to speak at a Republican convention... Moore cut and parsed a lot of the Heston's words in the film...  Just some FYI... :)

TonySoprano

Michael Moore wants to fool us into thinking he's not really anti-gun. He often talks about how he grew up around guns, hunted as a kid in Michigan, as Boy Scout was in shooting contests, is a lifetime member of the NRA, blah, blah, blah. But, in seeking to leave the impression he's not anti-gun, he's a liar. In an interview with Tim Russert on CNBC (10/19/02), Moore said that until we change what he calls America's "mean-spirited" ethic, "we have to put the guns away, we have to put the bullets away." On this same show, he also said: "There's no need to own three handguns." He said that as a result of his movie he's gotten reports of "people around the country trying to get stores in their towns to ban the sale of bullets." On his website, Moore says, preposterously, regarding the recent Washington DC area so-called "sniper" murders, that "every one of their deaths could have probably been prevented had we had a national ballistics fingerprinting data base." On NBC's Today show (10/8/02), Moore says handguns "are meant only to kill human beings." He's either unaware that or doesn't care that millions of Americans have used handguns in self-defense -- and they never fired their guns. On the Oprah Winfrey show (11/1/02), Moore says "we have too many guns." On MSNBC's Donahue (10/28/02), Moore says yes, he's talking about "stopping the selling of ammunition for weapons that are specifically designed to kill human beings" and this means "handguns or weapons where you can fire multiple rounds at a time." When Donahue asks if he'd like a ban on the sale of handguns, he says: "Yes, I believe that we don't need handguns." Regarding the Second Amendment, in the previously mentioned interview with Tim Russert, Moore says the British ruled their empire for 300 years at the barrel of a gun. But, he adds: "That didn't give people in Britain wanting this sort of individual right to have a bunch of guns in the closet." This, of course, is not true. Early on, the British did want, and had, such an individual right and this is documented in detail by Bentley College History Professor Joyce Lee Malcolm in two excellent books: Guns And Violence: The English Experience and To Keep And Bear Arms: The Origins Of An Anglo-American Right, both published by Harvard University Press. In his movie, arguing with a supporter of the Second Amendment, Moore says, absurdly, regarding the word "arms" in this Amendment, that "this could be a nuclear weapon." So, he asks, idiotically: Does this Second Amendment supporter think he has "the right to have weapons grade plutonium?"
To set that aside he is a talented filmmaker, but I think his films are all b.s. just sharing the views he sees without opening up to other opinions.

DEBKARLAR

Michael Moore can speak his own opinions about stuff. it's his right but I for one don't care for his ideology.

evilone373

i am trying to find the movie on the net,wouldnt mind seeing it.
as for people and guns,well i guess it would be no different than one having an automobile(some people just shouldnt be behind a wheel) both can be deadly with an idiot behind it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview