This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

the inlaw war

Started by southinkucandance,

Previous topic - Next topic

southinkucandance

i was soo mad at my inlaw since the day i marry to my husband until now... ppl pls tell me if i m right?
since the day i marry they always tell me what to do... try to run my life... well i let them anyway... so i do as they said... what ever it a good advice or i think it a lame one... just to pls... them... and i cant fight back for my own opinion even at some point i disagree with them... they are very old traditional freak..... and other problem is they all live just next to my house just a fence... away.... omg..when i havent been marry to my husband yet... they all know that i m a smoker... i do drink i do go out... but since the day i marry i try to be a good mum and a good inlaw and a good wife... well one thing i cannot quit that is giving up smoking... i know they try to tell me is for my own good... but i m choose not to listen... after all i give up everything can i just choose one thing....
and my father inlaws is a smoker himself... everytime he smoke he go in the garage... well i do that too... coz i dont want to do it in the house.... i wanna keep my house clean and smell good too and especially in front of the kids i difinitely dont wanna do that....
STILL.... they try to stop me ... the caught me once... and they throw my cigaret in rubbish bin,,,, now i have to sneak behind their back and do it... cant they just leave me alone... what if i cannot fight them... and i want to chooose the thing that i want also...SO wat can i do? !@#$ !@#$ !@#$ !@#$

harley89

People only do what you let them. If you choose to let them run your life then learn to live  with it.  It is time to be a big girl.

who me?

Amen Harley I agree with you  :D  If you want your inlaws to stop bossing you around and telling you how to live TELL THEM! They just may have MORE respect for you if you stood up for yourself.
Adults can be as bad as children if you don't set boundries they are just going to keep pushing, if this is the life you want to live sit meekly by and let them run your life. If you want things done your way by all means do it your way and if they disagree too freaking bad!... its your home.
When your in their home follow their rules but in your own home then do as you wish. If they own the home you live in I'd move out and alot farther away.
No one can tell you what to do, you know what you want to do, you know what you have to do, now it's just up to you weather your going to do it or not.....

:!#  O.K my high horse just ran away   :))

FreecellFanny

I agree with the others.  (OO)

Time to put your big girl panties on and tell the inlaws to shove it.

Stinkerbell

Yeah, I was put in and taken out of my in-laws will so many times I got dizzy.  I finally told them to keep their money, that I was going to live my life with no regrets.  My own mom said I was nuts, but that's my mom.  SHE'S nuts.

disneyland lady

I have a wonderful inlaw story that I have never told anyone. My mother in law gave me grief from day one = changing which drawer had my silverware to having me peel the veggies in my bed when they came to "help out" when I had my first born. We did not even tell them about the 2nd baby until he was 2 weeks old! She also was very cheap about gifts. I once got a set of Lipton Tea placemats (FREEBIES) as my "big" gift. So when I told her and her family that I was divorcing her son after having supported him the last 3 years of our 10 yrs together. I made it clear that he would be at Christmas for the kids and then was being packaged up and sent out in the real world. She surprised me by sending me a very expensive cookbook that I had admired at her home. It was Asian Foods and had photographic quality paper with the upper portion showing the dish and the lower portion showing the recipe. It was one of those Table Books that most people would never use but I always made comments on it when I visited. So soon after the divorce was started she was giving her son grief about that being HALF his and I should return the book. Since they were fronting the money for her sons attorney I heard about that book all the time. I finally had a lightbulb moment and took it to a book binder and had the book cut in half ..... only with the pictures on the top half and the recipes on the bottom half. My ONLY regret is that I did not get to see her face when it was opened up at the attorneys office. Now that I have told the story it can only let people know the true me - funny that I finally did it on a cheaters site!

who me?

:))OMG  To have been a fly on the wall... :))   Only thing I can say is Bravo  :D  I would of loved to have seen the looks on the faces as well  :)))

disneyland lady

I was raising 2 children at the time and was the only income so I remember that it took $7 to cut that very heavy book. They tried to talk me into cutting it in half for only $3 so she would get either the front or the back but it was my "freedom" gift to myself and while the years had some long empty times there was never a moment I shared that story cuz it was just "not the real me". Which is laughable cuz I got such a thrill finally telling the story and it is every bit the real me. Yes the cookies are great over here on the dark side.

somuchfun

Should have made a recipe from it and sent it over too! :!!

disneyland lady

Oh I never thought of that! This was in 1976 and it was so hard to even find bok choy in those days. I was not completely stupid - I took the book to work and made photos of each of the items for MY half - only they are in black and white. I remember how excited I was when you could finally find wonton wrappers in regular grocery stores cuz there were several recipes that I to this day use from it using crab and spices and cream cheese and frying them up! Thank you EX-mother-in-law (what a beautiful word).

Squid

Quote from: disneyland lady on December 14, 2008, 10:07:57 AM
I have a wonderful inlaw story that I have never told anyone....

That is hysterical.  I hope that she was somehow able to see the vast humor in it.  She sounds a bit petty so it wouldn't surprise me if the humor was lost on her.  Maybe in the last thirty years she managed to smile over it. 

I think you're brilliant, DL!

disneyland lady

I am sure she thought I was an idiot for not cutting it in half so that we both could have had part of it. Just always made me wonder if she felt the breeze over her head each time.

Squid

Stinkerbell

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview