PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:46:08 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Tampa Bay Tribune newspaper

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

This is too funny ...

TAMPA, Fla. — It's the kind of thing that makes newspaper editors shudder. Two editorials were prepared by the Tampa Bay Tribune in advance of last night's Stanley Cup final game: one cheering the Lightning win, the other bemoaning its loss. The Lightning won. So imagine the Tribune's horror when their own paper expounded this morning on their defeat.

We took a puck in the gut this morning when we published the wrong editorial about the Tampa Bay Lightning, who won the Stanley Cup final on Monday night. We apologize to the team and to the fans for our terrible error.

-----------------------------

If anyone lives in the Tampa Bay area and receives this newspaper and scans me a copy of this mistake .. I'll buy you an auto of your choice.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

wutupkid

i would hate to be a calgary flame fan today, especially after the goal that was waved off in game 6 that would have won the cup for them.  :-\

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

wutupkid

mayhem, i found the article that you were wanting. it isn't necessary to purchase me an auto because it was posted on thesmokinggun.com the entire time. here is a link to see the article for yourself.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/0608041tampa1.gif

i do apologize for bumping this post, but I knew that you wanted to see it.  ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview