PlayBuddy
September 09, 2024, 11:02:45 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Started by disneyland lady,

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyland lady

I had to buy my car in Jan because I had been in a car wreck where my car was totally destroyed. Well.... my Jack Skellington antenna holder was the only thing saved. The WORST time in the world to buy a car is January cuz every year you are going to have to pay for registration and insurance at the most unbearable time - December. So I got my new tags in the mail on Christmas eve and didn't open them til just now. I have to say that it just looks weird to see 2010. 2000 thru 2009 did not bother me but we are going to be LIVING in the year 2010. ****s me up how we thought we would be  - I sure do appreciate that my 2005 used car cost me enough to seem like 2010. But having been around in the 60s when so many changes happened and a new car was $2000 and we saw men land and walk on the MOON! But we really have not even gone back there in over 40 years so we have not progressed how I thought we would. I saw a new japanese cell phone/wrist watch for sale this year so we HAVE progressed so far but it appears only those with lots of money can buy the big advances. My first computer was a "japple" made out of $6 of chips and an imported $20 Japanese Apple motherboard (yep I was a cheater even then). Maybe I have just gotten lazy to learn how to hack the newer stuff but I am hoping that this new year of 2010 when it shows up will get us closer to truly living in the 21st century than I felt on the eve of 1999 or 2008.

okay /rant

forbidden18

But we really have not even gone back there in over 40 years so we have not progressed how.

Squid

C~M

disneyland lady

Quote from: forbidden18 on April 27, 2009, 11:12:26 PM
But we really have not even gone back there in over 40 years so we have not progressed how.

Did I miss something in this one?

BabyCheetah

Stinkerbell

disneyland lady

Okay, okay, I <b>will</b> go back to the moon....... right after I finish with The Poppit Show.

jarjar

Quote from: disneyland lady on April 28, 2009, 08:48:08 AM
Okay, okay, I <b>will</b> go back to the moon....... right after I finish with The Poppit Show.
undecided.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on April 28, 2009, 08:48:08 AM
Okay, okay, I will go back to the moon....... right after I finish with The Poppit Show.

By then the moon will be an Earth colony and PogoMoon will be available.

harley89

I have often wondered if all the progress was really worth it.  Times back 40 years ago were so simple.  Life had difficulties but not the harshness that is seen now.

disneyland lady

Quote from: harley89 on April 28, 2009, 09:43:05 AM
I have often wondered if all the progress was really worth it.  Times back 40 years ago were so simple.  Life had difficulties but not the harshness that is seen now.
gas and drugs were cheaper too! turk.gif

Hocky

COLAMAMA44

fart.gif fart.gif fart.gif fart.gif i make my on  gas and  lipsrsealed.gif lipsrsealed.gif  grow my own roll your ownes  giggle2.gif giggle2.gif giggle2.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview