PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 10:18:02 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Peanut Butter Recall

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

jarjar

Quote from: ~Sassy~ on January 22, 2009, 05:55:41 PM
My honey looked at me and said.."Should have known yours wouldn't be one of them"  :))

Hmmmm when will the hubby learn to listen :///

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

~Sassy~

Oh, I got to save that one Homer...thanks. It's cute.  %%

Stinkerbell

Well, JIF wasn't one of them either.       :{:     :)))

disneyland lady

Quote from: Stinkerbell on January 22, 2009, 06:28:37 PM

And so the Peanut Butter War was started. Class, your history lesson is now over. Questions?

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on January 22, 2009, 06:28:37 PM

To whom, may I ask, is that slap directed?

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on January 23, 2009, 07:03:26 AM
To whom, may I ask, is that slap directed?

:-\

disneyland lady

From the news: <i>
Included in the recall list for salmonella contamination risk:

PetSmart recalled seven kinds of its Grreat Choice dog biscuits.

The weight loss company NutriSystem issued a recall for peanut butter granola bars.

Some Asian foods made with peanut sauces are turning up on recall lists.

Last week, Kellogg recalled some of its Austin and Keebler brand peanut butter crackers. Salmonella was later confirmed in a package of Austin crackers.

Best Brands Corp. recalled its peanut butter frozen cookie dough. The Minnetonka, Minn., company said it had not received any reports of illnesses. The company said the product might have been purchased as baked cookies of various sizes, and the cookies may have been sold from trays in the bakery counter or in individual packages with grocery store labels. Also, the company's name would not appear on the consumer package. The product was sold to retail and grocery store bakeries and other foodservice outlets. The recalled products carry a lot code of 2208-1 or higher. For more information, consumers can call 952-250-8831.

Lovin Oven LLC recalled certain Health Valley Organic Peanut Crunch Chewy Granola Bars because the product's peanut butter could be contaminated with salmonella. No illnesses have been reported, according to the Irwindale, Calif., manufacturer. The recalled granola bars have the lot codes 13JUN09, 14JUN09 and 28JUL09. They were distributed nationwide. For more information, consumers can call 800-434-4246.
Country Maid Inc. recalled two-pound packages of Classic Breaks peanut butter cookie dough. The dough was distributed to dealers for various fundraising groups around the country between Oct. 6, 2008, and Jan. 9, 2009. Details: by phone at 888-460-6904.

NutriSystem Inc. of Horsham, Pa., is recalling select lots of its branded 1.41-ounce peanut butter granola bars. No incidents have been reported. The bars were distributed to customers nationwide through sales from the NutriSystem call center or Web site. Details: by phone at 866-491-6425.

Landies Candies of Buffalo, N.Y., is recalling a number of its products sold under the Landies or Wegmans labels that contain chocolate and peanut butter. No incidents have been reported. Details about the Landies brand candies are available at 800-955-2634. Details about the Wegmans brand candies are available at 800-934-6267, extension 4760.

The South Bend Chocolate Co. of South Bend, Ind., is expanding its earlier recall of candy that contains peanut butter, because it could be contaminated with salmonella. This organism can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections, especially in young children, the elderly and those with weakened immune systems. No illness has been reported. The recalled candy was all sold under the South Bend Chocolate Co. brand and was made on or after July 2008. It was sold in boxes and in bulk bins. Boxes or baskets with a round, gold sticker on the bottom are not included in the recall. Details: by phone at 574-233-2577.

Jimmy's Chocolate Chip Cookies Inc. of Fair Lawn, N.J., is recalling peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies and cookie dough sold under the Jimmy's Cookies and One Smart Cookie brands, because they could be contaminated with salmonella. No illness has been reported.

To help consumers, the Food and Drug Administration has set up on its Web site searchable list of recalled peanut products. "We expect (the) number to continue to increase," said Stephen Sundlof, head of the FDA's food safety program.

<b>No major brands of peanut butter sold in jars are implicated. </b> </i>

Interesting how powerful a word is implicated. I noticed the other day that TraderJoe's pulled several items that had peanut butter in them.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview