Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Computer Help

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

Okay I am at a loss with this. As some may remember I have a computer issue. And it is still not fixed.  I cant use autos at this time cause I wont ask BH to reset my page until I know it is fixed.  My hard drive has been tested 3 times and passed 3 times. But the computer still is not running correctly.  It will not go into sleep mode even though I have it set to sleep after 45 min idle.  I set pages to be seen in windows classic and it doenst. Mouse flies all over the screen  And it still freezes up.  I got 2 choices left. I can replace the hard drive or replace the OS.  One of the two could be the problem.  Just thought somebody here might have a different idea.  I really want to get back into the badge hunt.  My OS is Windows  Vista home premimun 32 bit.   Another option is just replace the whole dang system.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

harley89

Thanks Homer but I should have mentioned that the OS has been reinstalled 3 times from 2 different disks

Homer

you can find new hard drives at www.pricewatch.com from about $40 and up depending on the specs you need

QVC has a great looking laptop from Dell as the deal of the day for $800

Whether you're traveling for work or just enjoying a little downtime at the local coffeehouse, the Dell Inspiron 1420 notebook is your must-have take-along companion. Powered by a 1.86GHz Intel Pentium Dual-core T2390 processor, this computer delivers the performance of a desktop--in a package that's completely portable and surprisingly affordable.

On the road? The generous 250GB hard drive and 3GB RAM give you ample room to run all your business apps and create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more.

On a break? Use the Dell 1395 wireless mini card to surf the Net, chat online, or catch up on personal e-mails from all your favorite hotspots. The 14.1" diagonal display with TrueLife 1280x800 resolution lets you view photos, watch movies, or play games in glorious widescreen detail.

All these features--plus the trusted Dell name--make this Inspiron 1420 notebook worth the investment. Add in the Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 operating system, Microsoft Works 9.0 productivity software, and a host of other software programs--not to mention your choice of popular colors--and you've got a deal that's simply too good to pass up. From Dell.
•Includes Inspiron 1420 notebook, 6-cell battery, AC adapter, and PC Treasures software
•Glossy 14.1" diagonal widescreen XGA TFT display with TrueLife 1280x800 resolution
•1.86GHz Intel Pentium Dual-core T2390 processor
•3GB DDR2 SDRAM
•250GB SATA hard drive
•DVD+/-RW with double-layer DVD+R write capability
•5-in-1 media card reader: SD, MMC, MS, MS Pro, xD Picture Card; card not included
•128MB NVIDIA GeForce GO 8400M graphics card
•Integrated Intel HD audio 2.0
•Dell 1395 wireless mini card 802.11b/g
•Integrated 10/100 ethernet
•Integrated v.92 56K modem
•IEEE 1394 port
•Four USB 2.0 ports
•ExpressCard/54 slot
•VGA video, S-video connectors
•Three audio jacks
•Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
•Microsoft Works 9.0
•30-day McAfee Security Center
•1-year 2GB Dell DataSafe online backup and sharing
•Measures approximately 9-3/5"D x 13-1/8"W x 1-1/4"H in front; 1-1/2"H in back; weighs 5.39 lbs
•UL listed adapter; 1-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty; 1-year on-site service
•Made in Malaysia
Total storage capacity is 250 billion bytes (for hard drives, 1GB=1 billion bytes); actual accessible capacity is less.

Intel®'s Pentium® processor family with dual-core processor technology delivers great desktop and mobile performance, low power enhancements, and multitasking for everyday computing. The Intel Pentium dual-core processor delivers enhanced performance for everyday computing needs such as listening to digital music and editing digital photography and improved responsiveness with office applications. Intel® Smart Cache enables smarter, more efficient cache and bus design for enhanced performance, responsiveness, and power savings.

Windows Vista Home Premium is the operating system for homes with advanced computer needs. It will help you use your laptop or desktop PC more effectively as well as enable you to enjoy new, exciting digital entertainment experiences--all with the benefit of added security and reliability.

Microsoft Works 9.0 includes: Word Processor, Spreadsheet, Database, Calendar, Contacts, Dictionary, Portfolio, Project

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

harley89

Thats a good a deal.   I have a laptop that is used for fun it is not a workhorse like my desktop is.  I just dont know if I want to put money into a maybe fix since no one knows for sure what the problem is. Or just buy a new desktop and let the old do its thing till it goes bad.   Thanks for the input Homer I will sleep on it

Stinkerbell

Quote from: harley89 on January 25, 2009, 02:49:25 PM
Thats a good a deal.   I have a laptop that is used for fun it is not a workhorse like my desktop is.  I just dont know if I want to put money into a maybe fix since no one knows for sure what the problem is. Or just buy a new desktop and let the old do its thing till it goes bad.   Thanks for the input Homer I will sleep on it

I also just got a sale booklet from Dell with some great systems on it.  Check out their site also.

~Sassy~

Harley,
I went and googled for you and it says with a computer freeze it is usally something wrong in the registry. I think that Homer has posted about a registry cleaner, maybe he can provide you with the name of a good one. I will add the link below that I found for you that talks about it.
What kind of mouse do you have? Sometimes when my batteries are running low my mouse will just stop all together until I replace the batteries and I had another mouse before that had an optical eye and it needed to be cleaned 'cause it was running all over the monitor, a real pain so I replaced it.
I have Vista, so I understand what you are going through a little. Hope this helps.
Sassy

Link: http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Does-My-Computer-Freeze-Up?---A-Guide-to-Fix-Computer-Freezes&id=1577900

Squid

Dell was on the brink of bankruptcy not too long ago.  They're in better financial shape now?

swamp

harley89

My computers always came from Dell but the sick one is the last one I will buy from them.  As for the registry problem this computer has had 3 factory restores done.  It just has blown my mind. I am leaning toward replacing the system and letting the sick one run its course until the problem becomes clear. Given time it will.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview