PlayBuddy
September 09, 2024, 11:04:59 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Octuplets

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

FreecellFanny

Quote from: disneyland lady on February 14, 2009, 08:07:31 AM
I got food stamps when Warner Music went on strike years ago and was shocked to learn that I could buy lobster if I wanted but couldn't buy cleaning supplies or toilet paper. I hope they have changed that now.

They haven't changed it at all.

I used to work at a local market and I used to check out one couple on a regular basis and they bought things like lobster, steak, and other expensive meats.

Used to piss me off to no end.

bams68

harley89

I have no problem with someone getting assistance when it is needed. I  do have a problem with someone getting assistance with 6 children and no job and having 8 more children. That is just wrong.  The children that have disabilities will recieve checks for the rest of their life.  Bottom line from my point of view this woman should never have been allowed to have this done.

Homer

OctoMom's Million Dollar Crib!?
Posted Feb 19th 2009 3:20PM by TMZ Staff

UPDATE: 4:54 ET PM. We just called back our contact at Century 21, the agency that has listed the house. They claim Nadya is indeed an interested buyer. But here's the rub. We're told a big TV show has the house for the day and is there doing a sit-down interview with Nadya....

UNBELIEVABLE!!! We've confirmed OctoMom Nadya Suleman is looking to buy a home listed for $1.24 MILLION!

Octo is there right now ... the house is in Whittier, California. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms and a pool with no safety gates. Perfect for 14 kids.

A real estate source tells TMZ the owner canceled showings today specifically because Octo wanted to see it. She needs it because the house she's living in now may be on its way to the auction block -- as in foreclosure.

How is she getting the money? Put it this way -- this chick works the media better than Obama.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

IndianLover

CHICAGO —  The father of the California woman who recently gave birth to octuplets told Oprah Winfrey that he hopes people don't punish his grandchildren for his daughter's irresponsible behavior.

Ed Doud said in an interview taped Thursday for "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that the actions of his daughter, Nadya Suleman, and her doctor were "absolutely irresponsible." But he also issued a plea for the public's help, according to excerpts of the interview released by Harpo Productions Inc.

"You know what? She needs help. I say to everybody now — people — we do need help," Doud said. "Do not punish my daughter for what she had done and do not punish the babies, because they were given by God."

A California-based nonprofit called Angels in Waiting has offered Suleman round-the-clock care and a place to stay with her 14 children. It would cost about $135,000 a month to provide the 12 caretakers necessary for the children, money that would have to come from public donations, founder Linda West Conforti said in Los Angeles.

The organization has the trained nursing personnel and experience in caring for very sick children, she said. The group, however, could only provide care for a limited time without the donations, she said.

Property records show Suleman's mother, Angela, owns the home and is $23,225 behind in her mortgage payments. The house could be sold at auction beginning May 5.

In response to a question about whether he thinks his daughter is mentally stable, Doud said, "Now I'm no psychiatrist, but I question her mental situation."

Doud said he hopes Suleman will finish her education and start working so she can help support the family.

The show is scheduled to air Tuesday

disneyland lady

Quote from: IndianLover on February 20, 2009, 05:58:31 AM
Doud said he hopes Suleman will finish her education and start working so she can help support the family.

This woman is a perennial student and she herself, says she has a "few more years" to go. I think her education is over - she is loving the publicity. She should use this as a way to find a job cuz no one is going to donate very long cuz the truth is, she CAN get pregnant the natural way and add to her family as soon as the paparazzi leave.

BabyCheetah

I completely understand public assistance for the people who truly need it.  I was a single parent and full time student.  I accepted WIC for a short time to help with the cost of formula.  But I only had ONE child and I needed help.  In my situation I would have never went and had any more kids.  If you can't afford the ones that you already have close your legs or in her case don't go and get fertility treatments.  She is a media ho!!!  She pretty much expects the nice peeps in Cali, through their taxes, to help support her family.  I truly believe that those children should be taken away from her because of her irresponsibility bring them into this world when she already had 6 other children and can't afford them!  The state and taxes are going to raise her children.  I like how she say she wants to finish her education and start working.  Well, where are the children going to be when she is working.  I have a hard enough time trying to pay for daycare for one much less 14.  Just my opinion.

IndianLover

Quote from: babycheater on February 20, 2009, 06:59:52 AM
I completely understand public assistance for the people who truly need it.  I was a single parent and full time student.  I accepted WIC for a short time to help with the cost of formula.  But I only had ONE child and I needed help.  In my situation I would have never went and had any more kids.  If you can't afford the ones that you already have close your legs or in her case don't go and get fertility treatments.  She is a media ho!!!  She pretty much expects the nice peeps in Cali, through their taxes, to help support her family.  I truly believe that those children should be taken away from her because of her irresponsibility bring them into this world when she already had 6 other children and can't afford them!  The state and taxes are going to raise her children.  I like how she say she wants to finish her education and start working.  Well, where are the children going to be when she is working.  I have a hard enough time trying to pay for daycare for one much less 14.  Just my opinion.

I totally agree with you... yes 20 years ago I did get help with my son from WIC also, I was young at 19, my family had helped me also.  I left the abusive father and at all times I worked even though I got help.  I also finished college.  I now have to more boys their ages are 6 and 2 but look at the years that passed my husband and I made the choice to wait to have children to make sure we could financially do it ourselves. Yes times are tight I stay home with youngest that will also start school fairly soon, then I will go back to work woo hoo, lol.  But morally I know we are ok with ourselves, but I DO NOT see how she can think what she is doing is ok I really don't.

I believe people that get assistance who truly need it are fine but come on 14 kids, I do not believe in abortion as you can tell. (Everyone has their own opinion on that topic and that is fine)   But she had medical procedures done to have all those kids she can not afford, what is she teaching them? Not good values!!!

Her father has no right to ask for anyones assistance for his daughter she made the choices to have them all, my question is who footed the medical bills? Medicaid? If so that is whacked!!!

I shall stop now because everyone has their own opinion but this matter upsets me royally lol and I could go on all day. To bad I didn't get 50 posts for this one post. lol

~Sassy~

Well that would be great for her I guess. But I heard/read somewhere this baby making machine hasn't had sex for seven years.  hysterical.gif
Frankly I am sick of her and her whole family. It is all about the money. Her mother was paid $40,000 for the one interview alone. I feel so sorry for her little babies.

disneyland lady

She is on Dr Phil today. I saw her father on Oprah yesterday and I have to say that I really felt for this man. He is divorced from the grandmother but he appears to really have tried to stop Octomom before it got this far.

arniebear

If she is gonna take that  giggle2.gif movie offer, she better take some of the money and invest in plastic surgery.........I am sure she has some real nasty looking stretch marks  no-no.gif

disneyland lady

Quote from: arniebear on February 25, 2009, 01:33:43 PM
If she is gonna take that  giggle2.gif movie offer, she better take some of the money and invest in plastic surgery.........I am sure she has some real nasty looking stretch marks  no-no.gif

Now <b>that</b> would be obscenity!

Squid

I missed the Dr. phil show.  I would like to hear more of what she has to say for herself.

Homer

She already made a film. She's been effin' the CA taxpayers for years.  rolleyes.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

harley89

Looks like she may have judged how people would respond
Dr. Phil: Hospital may not send octuplets home
updated 11:29 a.m. ET, Wed., Feb. 25, 2009
LOS ANGELES - Nadya Suleman apparently has bigger worries than taking care of her 14 children. Talk show host Dr. Phil McGraw says she may have to prove she can handle the load, or else have hospital officials withhold her newborn octuplets.

McGraw said the 33-year-old unemployed mother called him Tuesday, distraught that Kaiser Permanente officials told her they were concerned about the babies living at her home in suburban Los Angeles.

"What she is telling me is that unless and until she has a better living arrangement, that they are not likely to release the children to her," McGraw told the Los Angeles Times.

Suleman gave birth to the octuplets Jan. 26 in Kaiser's hospital in nearby Bellflower. She has six other children, lives in her mother's three-bedroom home in Whittier and relies on food stamps and disability income to provide for them. The home is under threat of foreclosure and could be sold at auction beginning May 5 because Suleman's mother is $23,225 behind in her mortgage payments, property records show.

Kaiser officials declined to comment on Suleman's case.

"Any conversations that the mother may or may not have had on this topic are private and we could not discuss them," said Kaiser spokesman Jim Anderson.

Social workers evaluate parents of very premature babies to determine what services the children and family may be entitled to, said Vicky Bermudez, a neonatal intensive care unit nurse at the Kaiser hospital in Roseville.

The octuplets were born nine weeks premature.
"If they feel there's a risk to a baby, they contact Child Protective Services and Child Protective Services would make a determination as to whether or not there's a reason for concern," Bermudez said.

A call to the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services was not returned Tuesday night.

Suleman has not responded to repeated interview requests from The Associated Press. Her phone has been disconnected and she no longer has a publicist.

arniebear

If you missed Dr. Phil today, the interview continues tomorrow.

disneyland lady

I hope tomorrow Dr. Phil will explain how that woman still has the 6 older kids after they kept showing a pic of her with all six and two of them were standing on the arms of the couch. At least today he asked her about what she was thinking during all those months of bed rest. She had vague psycho-babble answers that she learned from her years in college psyche classes.

Squid

I caught the show today.  She is a tad delusional, I think.   I hope that California does not release those infants to her any time soon.  The poor taxpayers of California (and the nation via Medi-Cal and Medcaid) will be paying for her irresponsibility for decades. 

disneyland lady

Denny's is offering a new breakfast meal called the Suleman:

You get eight eggs, no sausage, and all the guys next to you has to pay the bill.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview