PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 07:39:40 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Michael Phelps

Started by arniebear,

Previous topic - Next topic

arniebear

QuoteMichael Phelps drug scandal  Olympic star smokes marijuana bong at party

Olympic superstar swimmer Michael Phelps is at the centre of a drug scandal after he was photographed smoking a bong at a student party.

Phelps, who won an amazing eight medals for the United States at the Beijing Olympics, was snapped inhaling Marijuana last November at a party at the University of South Carolina - the 'News of the World' printed the shot yesterday.

According to the British newspaper, the swimming star flirted with girs and drank beer at the party. A fellow guest offered Phelps a glass bong and he started inhaling the marijuana. A source told them : "You could tell Michael had smoked before. He grabbed the bong and a lighter and knew exactly what to do. He looked just as natural with a bong in his hands as he does swimming in the pool. He was the gold medal winner of bong hits."

The newspaper also revealed that Phelps' management had bargained with them not to print the photo: " Spokesman Clifford Bloxham offered us an extraordinary deal not to publish our story, saying Phelps would become our columnist for three years, host events and get his sponsors to advertise with us."

Phelps (23), who has won 14 gold medals in his career admitted to smoking the bong, and made a public apology: "I engaged in behaviour which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgement."

It is not the first scandal to hit the young sports star. Phelps was arrested in 2004 for drink driving and was on parole for 18 months. After his triumph in Beijing he grabbed headlines for his outrageous lifestyle: Gambling in Las Vegas and flirting with a stripper. After this latest drugs scandal – could this be the end for the Olympic king?

His cannabis hit could lose him his sponsorship deal with Kellog's cornflakes, but it shouldn't affect his career. Lawyer and Doping expert Dr. Michael Lehner told BILD that the drug-related ban "is only for competition periods. He can't be booked for a private offence".

Squid

I think he's basically a good kid (young man?).  We have all done stupid things in our youth.  Heck, I still do stupid things in my old age! 

Michael... I forgive you.... but please be aware that children are looking up to you.  Be the best role model you can be. 

Joe C

If you saw the pictures of his "girlfriend", the stripper, than you know that he is sowing his wild oats and is not as cautious as he should be.
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

arniebear

I think Mom ought to slap1.gif Enough with the wild oats already.

disneyland lady

Aside from Michael Phelps, think of the amount of revenue our Govt is losing by not legalizing pot. I smoked it twice in the 80s and moved a chair in front of my open refrigerator and ate my way thru foods I didn't even like so I realized pot was dangerous to me. But it would put drug dealers out of business AND bring in taxes. And since "known danger" cigarettes are legal they should just get over it.  turk.gif

harley89

Having done my fair share of bongs and stupid stuff This guy is just sowing his oats.  I see nothing going on here to make a big deal out of. I bet his mama has already gave him a earful.  When it comes to leagalizing it well from past experience most users dont stop with bongs. A large majority move on to harder stuff.  And that is the only issue I have with it. 

arniebear

QuoteHaving done my fair share of bongs and stupid stuff This guy is just sowing his oats.  I see nothing going on here to make a big deal out of. I bet his mama has already gave him a earful.  When it comes to leagalizing it well from past experience most users dont stop with bongs. A large majority move on to harder stuff.  And that is the only issue I have with it.

Well said, I agree.

IfYouOnlyKnew

i think his head got way to big so he thought he hadnt a care in the world
kids are watching him and looking up to him common now Micheal lets remember  watching you.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview