PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 03:56:47 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Rihanna & Chris Brown

Started by Monkey,

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkey

Well, atleast this'll take some of the attention off of Phelps.  zipper.gif

Chris Brown Investigated for Alleged Assault
Posted Feb 8th 2009 5:51PM by TMZ Staff

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Chris Brown is being investigated by the LAPD in an alleged assault on a female.

According to police, Brown and a woman whom cops refuse to identify were arguing inside a vehicle around 12:30 this morning when suddenly things allegedly turned violent.

Cops say they received a 911 call, and when they arrived they noticed the woman had visible injuries. We're told she then identified Brown as her attacker. Cops say Brown had left the scene by the time police arrived.

Cops say they are looking to speak with Brown and may arrest him when they find him.

When we called reps for Brown's girlfriend, Rihanna, for a statement, her people told us, "Rihanna is well. Thank you for your concern and support."

UPDATE: Grammy officials have just announced that Rihanna will neither perform on the show tonight -- as scheduled -- nor walk the red carpet for the event. The same announcement has been made about Chris.

Story developing...

--

Chris Brown Could Do Nine Years in Prison
Posted Feb 9th 2009 11:00AM by TMZ Staff

So why, you ask, was Chris Brown booked for making criminal threats rather than domestic abuse, given the victim -- we're told Rihanna -- had "visible injuries"?

Law enforcement sources tell us they typically book a suspect for the most serious crime they can be charged with -- it's then up to the D.A. to file any additional charges.

Given there were allegedly visible injuries, the crime of making criminal threats is punishable by up to nine years in prison. Domestic abuse is four years.

---

Rihanna Alleged Victim -- Deadly Weapon Charge
Posted Feb 9th 2009 11:35AM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has confirmed Rihanna is the named alleged victim in the Chris Brown case and the allegation is that she was assaulted with a deadly weapon.

Law enforcement sources tell us the crime report calls the incident assault with a deadly weapon -- we do not yet know the nature of the weapon.

The crime report gives the victim's name as Robyn Fenty -- that's Rihanna's real name.

--
Rihanna/Chris Brown -- No Weapon
Posted Feb 9th 2009 1:08PM by TMZ Staff

Law enforcement sources tell us even though the police report in the Chris Brown arrest refers to assault with a deadly weapon, there was no weapon involved in the alleged attack.

The police report cites Penal Code Section 245 -- Assault with a Deadly Weapon. However, we're told there was no weapon involved.

We had been hearing there was an umbrella in the car -- which would have been the most ironic thing ever -- but again... no weapon is alleged.

One law enforcement source who has been dead on so far claims Rihanna suffered contusions and bite marks.

Story developing...

I can just see the inevitable jokes coming out of this one  zipper.gif

disneyland lady

They were both supposed to perform last night at the Grammy's and were a no-show. As someone who begged for gigs, I was wondering what it took to not want to play at the Grammy's. Now we know.

Tara

Quote from: Monkey on February 09, 2009, 10:23:53 AM
Well, atleast this'll take some of the attention off of Phelps.  zipper.gif

I hope ARod is taking the attention off Chris.  giggle2.gif

I love me some Chris Brown. inlove1.gif

Squid

What is it about people that makes them think that battery of another person is ok when things aren't going well?  I don't understand physical violence, especially on people one is supposed to care about!  It reveals a limited brain.

Tara

I'm a firm believer of innocent until proven guilty.  beer11.gif

Monkey

Weakness in Chris Brown Case -- Prior Attacks

Chris Brown may have gotten lucky because the charge he was booked on is kinda weak, law enforcement sources tell TMZ. But he's still in big trouble, and Rihanna says it's not the first time he's attacked her.

Sources say the Los Angeles County District Attorney kicked the case back to the police for further investigation because evidence that he made criminal threats against Rihanna is kind of thin. Our sources are quick to say he will, however, almost certainly be charged with felony domestic battery, a lesser offense but still serious.

Here's how it went down, according to the police report. After Chris received a text message from a woman who wrote about getting together, an argument erupted. By the way, initially, Rihanna would not tell cops what started the argument.

She did, however, tell them that during the argument, he started hitting her. According to the police report, she ordered him to drive her home and "faked a call" to someone, saying things like, "He's dropping me off. Make sure the cops are there."

Rihanna told cops the fake call enraged Brown. He said something to the effect of "You are really fu**ed up now. I'm going to kill you." This statement is the basis of the criminal threats charge.

At that point, according to the report, Brown allegedly began a violent attack with his fists. At some point, Rihanna took the keys out of the ignition and threw them outside.

And there's this. According to the police report, she told cops this was not the first time Brown hit her. She referred to it as an ongoing and escalating abusive relationship.

We're told the criminal threats charge is based on that one statement Brown allegedly made. As one law enforcement source told us, "It's kinda weak, and the D.A. is not going to prosecute a high profile case like this unless it's solid." That's why it was kicked back for further investigation.

Given the brutal nature of the attack, which the photos clearly show -- contusions on the face, swollen eyes, cut lip, bloody nose, bite marks on fingers and arm -- a felony domestic battery charge is virtually a done deal. That, however, is a less serious offense than making criminal threats.
-----

Poor girl.  embrace.gif

disneyland lady

If it isn't the first time, hopefully it is the last time. People do not change and if they resolve anger issues with their hands they are not going to stop doing this without intervention. If he does have a problem, I hope she sees that it does not matter how tiny you are, or how famous or beautiful, you are still the battering ram.

disneyland lady

At first I thought that TMZ must have just put up a pic of some lady who got beat up but there is a news article about LAPD investigating TMZ over the pic and I found this pic that shows her tattoo right there. She really got beat up though, cuz she looks nothing like her public personna.

harley89

I will never understand why you stay with someone who beats the crap out of you.  She says it isnt the 1st time. Well honey you stayed. You got money and resources leaving is easy for you.  Any man that beats me better think twice.  I will use anything I get my hands on and if I can you wont be much of a man when Im done. If you get my drift.

FreecellFanny

Quote from: Monkey on February 14, 2009, 06:00:57 PM
Rihanna says it's not the first time he's attacked her.

And yet she stayed with him.

Once makes her a victim. Subsequent attacks make her an accomplice.

Monkey

She still doesn't wanna leave him apparently either.  zipper.gif

Quote"She keeps saying she still loves him," a friend reports to Us Weekly.

Another friend told Star, that Rihanna has already forgiven Chris for the "misunderstanding," and she's reaching out to him through texts and phone calls.

Rihanna seems to believe #1, that Chris Brown's abuse was a one-time incident, unlikely to happen again and #2, that she is somewhat responsible for his attack.

As an editor who has printed many features on women who are victims of domestic abuse, in Glamour, Cosmopolitan, and Marie Claire, I can tell you that Rihanna's reactions are heartbreakingly familiar.

Most women who are victims of domestic violence have so little self esteem that they blame themselves for provoking their beatings. They believe that their own behavior invited the abuse, telling themselves: I'm "too demanding" "too needy" or "not attractive enough."

Tina talks in her bio on her tinaturner.com site about spending years trying not to make Ike angry.

Rihanna no doubt is telling herself that she made Chris angry. She's also apparently telling friends that she's worried about Chris.

"Rihanna says she doesn't want to make Chris look like a villain in all of this" an insider told Star.
Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bonnie-fuller/tina-turner-to-rihanna-le_b_168736.html

Monkey

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20262240,00.html

How stupid is she?  rolleyes.gif Does she think things are suddenly gonna change for the better?  rolleyes.gif

She better hope that she's out in public next time he decides to beat her ass.gif again. I'm sure what he did the other week is nothing compared to what he would have done behind closed doors.  rolleyes.gif

disneyland lady

Quote from: Monkey on February 27, 2009, 10:02:45 PM
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20262240,00.html

How stupid is she?  rolleyes.gif Does she think things are suddenly gonna change for the better?  rolleyes.gif

She better hope that she's out in public next time he decides to beat her ass.gif again. I'm sure what he did the other week is nothing compared to what he would have done behind closed doors.  rolleyes.gif
Of course at her young age, she thinks he is done because I am sure he appears to be sorry. After all, how could he beat <b>her</b> when he tells her he loves her. Years ago I had a neighbor who had too many accidental bruises all the time and she would defend her hubby with stupid statements like "I provoked him". She ended up with a metal plate in her head while protecting her 18mo old baby before she finally understood. Many of his music community have come forward to say that they care about Chris but not one has agreed with what he did and I am hoping that this will be what stops him. Another problem with him being a performer is that they usually have a goggle of yesmen around them that have probably seen it escalate but did jack about it.

Tara

They are together at one of Diddys houses. I read it on TMZ and at People.com

apple

yeah i read that too that they staying at Diddy's house they apparently arranged to meet up after he wished her a happy birthday i think she nuts it not like it been a one off now she is giving him the green light to do it again and again silly silly girl

Monkey

FreecellFanny

Quote from: Monkey on February 28, 2009, 08:59:15 PM
And apparently now she's pregnant.  zipper.gif

If she is, she may be "safe" during the pregnancy. Sadly, once he preceives her to be paying more attention to the baby than to him the beatings will start again.

Stupid girl. It's not like she doesn't have the resources to leave him.

I have no sympathy for her.

disneyland lady

This rumor has been around since Nov and I certainly hope that it is not true because being pregnant does not stop a man from beating a woman. And wanting a home for your children does not either. But it does confuse stereotypes because a battered woman usually makes up with the thug because of children or money and she certainly has an <i>Umbrella</i>full of the latter.

Monkey

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview