PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 08:39:04 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

help with Beaker please

Started by Scarlett,

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarlett

I don't know why but I can't get this game to play or open it just sits there like it's loading.   I have the most recent flash and IE7 & Firefox and it won't work on either.
Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

BabyCheetah

I sorries, I wish that I could help you, but mine is working properly.  I hope the next person can help.

Tori

Quote from: Scarlett on February 24, 2009, 05:54:24 PM
I don't know why but I can't get this game to play or open it just sits there like it's loading.   I have the most recent flash and IE7 & Firefox and it won't work on either.
Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

I'm having the very same problem here. Have reinstalled flash etc..all other flash sites work..blah blah...turned off firewall trying to load, cleaned all files..everything..still won't load  girls18.gif

Guess I'll have to keep trying or wait for Pogo to do something else..already bought the darn auto and can't get in to play 6_6.gif

GenOcide

I have same issue,but when I mouse over it says Adobe flash...Which I have but maybe needs an upgrade...I thought it was a java issue at first,not so sure now...Any thoughts from anyone else?

disneyland lady

Errors do happen while installing and it usually does not tell you. You have to find out cuz you can't load something. Here is a link to find out which version of Flash you are using. It mentions also that your browser may be loading an earlier version. I wonder if that means we need to delete all other versions off the computer then reboot.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507

Tori

Quote from: disneyland lady on February 25, 2009, 06:42:25 AM
Errors do happen while installing and it usually does not tell you. You have to find out cuz you can't load something. Here is a link to find out which version of Flash you are using. It mentions also that your browser may be loading an earlier version. I wonder if that means we need to delete all other versions off the computer then reboot.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507

Thanks Disney..I went to the site ..showed I have latest version..I downloaded the uninstaller they recommend...reinstalled Flash...and still will not open that game..I contacted Pogo Support (now don't laugh, lol)..no reply yet. I've given up for now.

if anyone figures this out or has any ideas, then I will gladly try them. Appreciate ya.

disneyland lady

Pogo Help has something about loading issues with Norton too:

<i>Games won't load when using Norton Internet Security and IE 7

A new Norton update that doesn't quite work with IE 7 might cause the games not to load. There is a strange error in Norton that blocks these sites even if Norton Ad Block is disabled, so you will need to add these, or uninstall Norton Ad Block. The steps below should resolve the situation and still allow you to use the ad-blocking utility:

In the ad-blocking configuration of Norton Security, click add site and enter pogo.com (without a www, http, etc.).
Next, in the ad-blocking portion of that window, click add..., check Permit, and then add each of the following:
/ad.css
/ad.js
/ad/
ad 

Now, close all the windows you opened while following the steps above, and you can turn ad-blocking back on and still load the games
</i>

I am adding to this to say be ready for a standard "we feel for you and we need more information" email from Pogo. Considering that they have these games beta tested most issues like this are java and now flash. Try removing all existing JAVA (since you addressed the Flash) and rebooting and installing a brand new version.

arniebear

QuoteI am adding to this to say be ready for a standard "we feel for you and we need more information" email from Pogo.

giggle2.gif The stock Pogo answer, and of course "go to this site and download our handy little information sender so we can diagnose your problems"  Which translated means let us look at all on your computer.  slap1.gif

FreecellFanny

Why would people use Norton? It's a dinosaur. It will bog you down and conflict with many programs.  undecided.gif

mrsjoe

I am having the same problem, using Firefox, have latest flash, reinstalled it, all other flash works except Beaker.
For the heck of it, I tried it in Seamonkey, and it works! I have no idea why it works in that and not Firefox.
So try Seamonkey or different browser, see if that helps.

QuietKiwi

yawn.gif cheerleading.gif cheerleading.gif

I had fun with Beaker, Well the Auto did..lol...I/it had it done in 7 hours and 15 mins....So I thought it worked great!!!
cheers,
Quiet Kiwi...
cheerleading.gif beer11.gif cheerleading.gif yawn.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview