PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 08:35:35 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

question

Started by netmom34,

Previous topic - Next topic

netmom34

I am hearing word of passing rooms in everyone wins bingo.  Do they exist and if they do where are these rooms

Stinkerbell

I heard a tourney host talking about this about a month ago. I haven't seen them yet, but haven't been playing this much.

Joe C

These rooms exist and usually very packed. Supposedly, they have room for more players, but there is nothing to prevent people from claiming blackout.

Personally, I think people should be able to claim blackout whenever it strikes their fancy, EXCEPT for these rooms.

Just like I do not like people telling me not to get blackouts (even though I am going for a premium badge or feel like getting more tokens) in a regular room, I think it is really rude for people to hog up space in one of the special sharing rooms and claim blackouts.

Then again, some people have not finished puberty, even 30 years later.
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

arniebear

Passing rooms  have the rudest people in them, if you blackout they will call you all kinds of names  swear2.gif makes for a very unpleasant gaming experience.

disneyland lady

Quote from: arniebear on March 06, 2009, 12:07:32 PM
Passing rooms  have the rudest people in them, if you blackout they will call you all kinds of names  swear2.gif makes for a very unpleasant gaming experience.
It is frightening in some of them and I think what they should do is make some exclusive blackout rooms. Pogo is quite aware of bingo ho's and has changed rooms in several bingo types because of them foaming at the mouth over "shares" and such. I once went with a dear friend to her weekly bingo game at a chuch and was shocked at the attitude I saw that night. A lady actually accused someone of giving her "dauber" the evil eye. I don't trust anyone on Pogo but when I see the word bingo in their screen name it makes me go play in the teen rooms with the scary kids.

Squid

Clearly, my question will tell you that I have yet to work on Pinecone Bingo badges but is it possible that people have no choice but to get a blackout?  Also, isn't there a badge for 500 blackouts?  Why is it wrong to go for it?  Sorry if I'm missing some facts....

Stinkerbell

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on March 06, 2009, 04:20:24 PM
No you're not, you're an instigator!

In most cases, Yes!  I'm still confused about blackouts.  So there!   girls21.gif

arniebear

Sharing rooms I understand, everyone gets equal chance at bingos and the players don't seem as vicious as those pinecone addicts.  I am not sure what the deal is with it  bubblegum.gif

disneyland lady

Quote from: Squid on March 06, 2009, 04:55:08 PM
In most cases, Yes!  I'm still confused about blackouts.  So there!   girls21.gif
The confusion happens because those people who are playing to <b>pass</b> have forgotten that they too went after the blackout badge. When I recently went for the new MnM Blackout Badge I introduced myself with: "I am going to be getting blackouts so if this is going to really tick you off please, please report me, please. Otherwise I am just going to report your rude remarks." I got plenty of "bless you" and "you go, girl" but I did get an "I am out of here". I rarely post in a room at all but I knew my anger issues were going to come out so I wanted to start off with a very, very clean slate. What I wanted to do was wait til I got one and the complaints began and then say "sorry I ruined your chance for that 25,000 wilds forever".

FreecellFanny

When I was going for the passing badge I set myself up in the busiest room I could find and put Uncle Otto to work and walked away.

No matter what type of room you are in or what you say or don't say, some arsehole is going to complain.

Just set it and walk away. It's all you can do.

MsMissy

I had no problem getting my blackouts for the badge, but i dont no what passing rooms mean?

harley89

I checked and their are about 5 passing rooms in slow and fast games.  Bingo people are insane. Nothing you do makes them happy. I am screwed no matter what i do so just set the auto or turn the chat off  you gonna make somebody mad either way.

Squid

Good advice, Harley.  GOod to see you, btw.  How are ya, gf?

BabyCheetah

Quote from: MsMissy on March 07, 2009, 07:51:25 AM
I had no problem getting my blackouts for the badge, but i dont no what passing rooms mean?

If I'm not mistaken, Passing room are rooms where peeps only use their wilds to marks numbers that give them another wild to pass instead of marking a number that would give you personally a bingo.  Hope that makes sense.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: babycheater on March 07, 2009, 09:27:03 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Passing room are rooms where peeps only use their wilds to marks numbers that give them another wild to pass instead of marking a number that would give you personally a bingo.  Hope that makes sense.

So, maybe it's like a sharing room where you can't claim a bingo too early? So like, it will force you to pass all wilds before doing anything else?

Joe C

Quote from: Stinkerbell on March 07, 2009, 10:14:59 AM
So, maybe it's like a sharing room where you can't claim a bingo too early? So like, it will force you to pass all wilds before doing anything else?
No, it is sharing in name only. Pogo is hoping that people going for blackouts do not enter these rooms and intentionally go for blackouts.
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

BabyCheetah

When I went for my blackout badge I went into a full room and had no problem getting it.  There were no rude people in that room.  I guess I just got lucky.  I played normally, let my wilds, build up and then looked for the card with the least numbers needed and blacked it out.  I then looked for wilds to share.  Hey, It worked for me. 

Stinkerbell

OK, look.  How the heck do the other players KNOW if you're passing or not? I've gotten natural blackouts... so what do people do, go into a room and say Na! Na! I'm not going to pass!!  I mean really, I can't believe how ridiculous some players are. If I had to interact with other players, I'd be insane. (Not a word, Squid. Not a word!)

arniebear

They know how many wilds you are passing because it scrolls by, I have seen people in chat apologizing for not passing enough wilds.....it is ridiculous.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview