Somethjing Special for Homer

Started by gator8_24,

Previous topic - Next topic

gator8_24

Incase you get lost!

Art Weinstein: A GPS with Junior's voice, and more
By Art Weinstein - Managing EditorWednesday, April 15, 2009
NASCAR Scene

For those who missed the news recently, there is now a GPS device that gives directions using the voice of Dale Earnhardt Jr. The Spotter GPS Navigator, Dale Jr. Edition, which will be available nationwide May 15, features turn-by-turn directions in Earnhardt Jr.'s voice, including Junioresque phrases such as, "hang a left" and "you drive, I'll ride shotgun."

It probably doesn't include the instruction, "whoops, you missed your pit stall," but given Junior's well-publicized miscues earlier this year on pit road, it might be best if you don't rely on the Dale Jr. GPS to get to your exact location.  It will get you close, though.

Yet what a marketing coup for that GPS manufacturer. It makes one wonder about all the other possible marketing opportunities there are out there for NASCAR drivers. Coming soon to a late-night infomercial near you:

- The Shrubinator: Endorsed by, yes, "Shrub" himself, Kyle Busch, this yard tool trims shrubs and bushes in record time. That's possible because it only has one speed setting: Fastest. If pure speed isn't enough, the Shrubinator can knock the bush over if necessary. Fans will either love or hate this product.

- "How To Get Ahead At Work" DVD series: Learn from former NASCAR Cup champ Kurt Busch how you can advance at work by communicating better with your boss. Order now and receive a special bonus DVD, "Fist of Fury," a primer on self-defense in the garage area, narrated by Jimmy Spencer.

- The Carl Flipper: Never worry again about making a mess trying to flip a burger on the grill, because this flipper bearing the icon of an upside-down, back-flipping Carl Edwards performs the perfect flip every time. Can be used eight or nine times a year for giant burgers (more if you're flipping tiny quarter-pound Nationwide burgers).

- Teresa Tours: Earnhardt Ganassi Racing co-owner Teresa Earnhardt provides recorded voice for self-guided tours of ancient museums. First on the list - a tour of the old Dale Earnhardt Inc. race shop.

- Martinizing Cream: Endorsed by veteran driver Mark Martin, this special cream is guaranteed to remove wrinkles overnight, or your money back! (Note: Due to heavy volume of customers requesting refunds, allow six months for refund to arrive.)

- Ryan's Fish Sticks: Any driver can endorse a food product. But how many drivers can say they actually produce all of the product they endorse? Newman, a prolific fisherman, actually caught all of the mouth-watering fish used in these delicious fish sticks (available in large- and small-mouth bass flavors only).

- J.J. Polish: Formulated by three-time series champ Jimmie Johnson, this is perfect for putting a special shine on all those giant sports trophies in your man room. For maximum effect, must be used with special "Chad Buffer" (not included).

- Marcos' Blooming Onion: Marcos Ambrose endorses this signature appetizer at the Outback Steakhouse. Wait a minute – colorful Australian driver endorsing a product for an Australian-themed steakhouse. That would never work.

bams68

Homer

I don't see the Jeff Gordon Smoker. After all he is smoking the field this year.  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on April 16, 2009, 01:49:08 PM
I don't see the Jeff Gordon Smoker. After all he is smoking the field this year.  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
Nascar gave up smoking with Winston LOL

Homer

Homer

crazyeagle

Quote from: Homer on April 16, 2009, 01:49:08 PM

hysterical.gif  nascar4.gif Jeff Gordon   hysterical.gif

OMG Jeff Gordon .....  ok i need to hush  b4 i get introuble    AGAIN   lol

Hocky

gator8_24

Quote from: hocky on April 17, 2009, 08:32:39 AM
Well at least Jeffy WON a race finally this year!  cheerleading.gif

The planets were in the correct order for him to win finally!  His family had so much faith in a win (or gave up) they were not at the track with him. hysterical.gif

Homer

Quote from: gator8 on April 18, 2009, 09:54:52 AM
The planets were in the correct order for him to win finally!  His family had so much faith in a win (or gave up) they were not at the track with him. hysterical.gif

Don't be a hater  rolleyes.gif

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on April 18, 2009, 09:57:44 AM
Don't be a hater  rolleyes.gif

You mean I can't be like you?  I've learned so much from you.  slap1.gif (for example) LOL

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview